Author Topic: MC Enterprises Concours Canyon Cage Discussion  (Read 293830 times)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: MC Enterprises Concours Canyon Cage Discussion
« Reply #100 on: March 27, 2012, 05:15:12 PM »
Question between the first gen and second gen. The possible mounting points would be the same wouldn't they? Only the shape of the plastic changed?

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #101 on: March 27, 2012, 05:27:51 PM »
Question between the first gen and second gen. The possible mounting points would be the same wouldn't they? Only the shape of the plastic changed?

I am not an expert in this, but I believe you are correct.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #102 on: March 27, 2012, 06:55:13 PM »
new hope.... :)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #103 on: March 27, 2012, 07:30:40 PM »
So....if Ryan gets the '10 up done one uf us intrepid '8 and '9ers guinea pig?

Offline Mal

• Arena
  • There is no spoon...
« Reply #104 on: March 27, 2012, 09:22:00 PM »
So....if Ryan gets the '10 up done one uf us intrepid '8 and '9ers guinea pig?

I'll volunteer...
`09 ZG-1400
Western Colorado

"It is not the business of government to make men virtuous or religious, or to preserve the fool from the consequences of his own folly. Government should be repressive no further than is necessary to secure liberty by protecting the equal rights of each from aggression on the part of others" —Henry George

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #105 on: March 27, 2012, 09:38:06 PM »
new hope.... :)

I wouldn't get TOO excited.  If they are designed to go through an existing fairing opening, that is unlikely to line up...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #106 on: March 28, 2012, 04:01:11 AM »
Drill baby drill.

Offline RyanMCEnterprises

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #107 on: March 29, 2012, 10:40:43 AM »
Drill baby drill.

Please don't quote that woman on my thread!  :P Hah! Totally kidding!

Anyhow, we're getting a 2012 model in on Tuesday to begin work on the Canyon Cages! Once we get the bike in the shop I'll update this thread frequently with the progress made each day so I can get your guys input and make changes if need be. It'll be much easier to make changes during the design/testing phase than it will once the bar is actually completed.

As far as the mounting points being the same on the 08-09's and 10-12's, I have confirmed this with my tech. Kawasaki ran into some heat issues on the 08-09's and therefore decided to add a heat deflector underneath the fairing as well as slightly modify the fairing itself for the 2010-* models. However, I'm not sure if the bars themselves will be interchangeable. I'm sure you could probably get them to fit but you may have to drill holes in some unsavory places. I suppose these questions will be answered once we get the bike in here, start building the bar, and begin taking some photos for you guys to dissect. Stay tuned!
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline Conrad

« Reply #108 on: March 29, 2012, 12:00:52 PM »
Come on guys! Someone with a '08/'09 must be willing to get fitted for these bars?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
« Reply #109 on: March 29, 2012, 01:11:49 PM »
I'll volunteer...

Come on guys! Someone with a '08/'09 must be willing to get fitted for these bars?

Looks like Mal did!
The Pope
2011 C-14 Atomic Silver...... aka ImprovedSilverDammIt.

"The Universe is a contest between engineers making things idiot-proof and God making bigger idiots. So far, God is winning by a wide margin." Unknown author, well I don't know who said it.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #110 on: March 29, 2012, 01:14:45 PM »
Looks like Mal did!

Oh, sorry. I didn't see that. I was going by Ryan's post #107

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Mal

• Arena
  • There is no spoon...
« Reply #111 on: March 29, 2012, 02:08:54 PM »
Oh, sorry. I didn't see that. I was going by Ryan's post #107

I did volunteer, but the issue is I'm in Colorado, they're not.  But I'd also volunteer to try to fit the finished '10 bars to my '09...
`09 ZG-1400
Western Colorado

"It is not the business of government to make men virtuous or religious, or to preserve the fool from the consequences of his own folly. Government should be repressive no further than is necessary to secure liberty by protecting the equal rights of each from aggression on the part of others" —Henry George

Offline Conrad

« Reply #112 on: March 29, 2012, 02:14:08 PM »
I did volunteer, but the issue is I'm in Colorado, they're not.  But I'd also volunteer to try to fit the finished '10 bars to my '09...

Oh no, once you volunteer it's implied that you'll get your bike to them for fitment.  ;)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #113 on: March 29, 2012, 02:50:41 PM »
Oh no, once you volunteer it's implied that you'll get your bike to them for fitment.  ;)
Mal, you're only a mountain or two and maybe a desert away? ;)

Offline Mal

• Arena
  • There is no spoon...
« Reply #114 on: March 29, 2012, 02:52:03 PM »
Mal, you're only a mountain or two and maybe a desert away? ;)

It would be a fun road trip!
`09 ZG-1400
Western Colorado

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #115 on: April 02, 2012, 08:40:17 AM »
One more day!  ;D
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #116 on: April 02, 2012, 04:33:08 PM »
One more day!  ;D

One more day until what?  A prototype??  Pics???  Production????  What?!?!?!!!?!

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #117 on: April 02, 2012, 05:01:32 PM »
Til he gets a bike to look at?

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #118 on: April 03, 2012, 08:02:03 AM »
One more day until what?  A prototype??  Pics???  Production????  What?!?!?!!!?!

One more day until we get a bike in to begin working on! Well, the day has arrived. The fine gentleman who allowed us to borrow his bike should be arriving sometime this morning. We will probably begin preliminary design this afternoon so I may have some photos of a rough, tack welded prototype for you as early as sometime tomorrow. It all depends on how quickly we get this bike done. I believe the guy is allowing us to keep the bike for two weeks so we may take our time on this build as we have a bunch of other stuff going on as well. I'll definitely keep you guys updated and post pics when I have something worthy to post!

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #119 on: April 03, 2012, 10:07:46 AM »
Question for those of you following this thread: How important is the incorporation of a polyethylene (delrin) bumper?

Armando (our in-house Tech) and I have come up with a really nifty preliminary design that would allow for the bars to be "quick-released" to allow easier access to the fairing. It's not quite a cotter pin design but you'd only have to undo two external bolts per side to remove the bars; less than a 2 minute job per side. The great thing about this design is it would also allow for easy incorporation of an optional polyethylene bumper. Oh, and this design does not require drilling as of yet! We're really banging on all cylinders here today. I'll post some pictures once I have a bar bent and tack welded in place!