Author Topic: MC Enterprises Concours Canyon Cage Discussion  (Read 293495 times)

Offline Xelvic

Re: MC Enterprises Concours Canyon Cage Discussion
« Reply #860 on: September 19, 2012, 07:20:15 PM »
That is a good idea, maybe I will do the same. What paint did you use? How thick are the walls of the cages; I don't want to turn the heat up to much and burn through them.  How long did it take you to get them after you ordered? I know, it's a lot of questions... thanks :)
2012 Kawasaki Concours 14

Offline Conrad

« Reply #861 on: September 20, 2012, 04:38:11 AM »
So I ordered these on the 9-5-12 and haven't got them yet. How long does it take?

You should check with Ryan at MCE about how long it's going to take for your order. It'll be hard for most, if not all, of us to judge how long ours took because when we ordered MCE was still making these at the time, so we had to wait for that as well.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Sgt Mac

« Reply #862 on: September 20, 2012, 07:00:16 AM »
So I ordered these on the 9-5-12 and haven't got them yet. How long does it take?

I ordered 2nd week of September and was told they were currently in production and should be shipped around 20-21 Sep.

On a side note, my advice to mcenterprises would be to take an email address at purchase and send not only a receipt for purchase but a shipping and delivery confirmation. I have yet to be charged for the purchase price, have no idea what the status of the order is, when the will be shipped, or to be perfectly honest, if I still have a valid order. I'm not saying the product isn't great or the customer service is lacking, they are very nice on the phone and willing to answer questions, but simply put, I am an information hog, I like to know exactly what is going on, constantly. I really want these things and the wait is killing me.

Offline RyanMCEnterprises

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #863 on: September 20, 2012, 10:36:48 AM »

They were currently in production when you ordered and we're actually picking them up from our powder coaters today. We'll be shipping out the next batch to people beginning next week so you guys should start to see them within about 10 days or so.

I ordered 2nd week of September and was told they were currently in production and should be shipped around 20-21 Sep.

On a side note, my advice to mcenterprises would be to take an email address at purchase and send not only a receipt for purchase but a shipping and delivery confirmation. I have yet to be charged for the purchase price, have no idea what the status of the order is, when the will be shipped, or to be perfectly honest, if I still have a valid order. I'm not saying the product isn't great or the customer service is lacking, they are very nice on the phone and willing to answer questions, but simply put, I am an information hog, I like to know exactly what is going on, constantly. I really want these things and the wait is killing me.

Dang, you ARE an information hog! Honestly, I don't blame you for wanting all of that information because most companies frequently drop the ball and have horrid customer service. However, we do things a bit differently here. You mentioned that on the phone, you were told that your guards would ship out in roughly 7-10 days after you had placed the order which still stands unless otherwise notified by either phone or email. We call or email our customers if the status of their order changes for some reason. The Canyon Cages have been in production the passed few weeks and we're actually supposed to be picking them up from our powder coaters later this afternoon. We'll begin shipping orders first thing next week once we have time to prep the guards and get them all boxed up and ready to roll.

Regarding the emailing of notifications and stuff: I have no problem emailing customers updates on their order as well as the invoice for their order (with tracking information) once their product ships out. Generally, most people who want us to email them that sort of stuff merely request that we do so when they order. I assume if they're interested in having it, they'll ask for it. To be honest with you, though, I usually ask customers that I personally help if they'd like their invoice with tracking information emailed to them when their product ships out.

Anyhow, I'm sure your order is still safe and sound and on-track to ship out next week as scheduled. If you'd like me to email you your invoice when your shipment leaves, please PM me your email and the name you placed the order with. Oh, and before I forget, we don't charge customers credit cards until the product is actually ready to leave our facility so that's why you haven't been billed yet. I don't think it's really fair to take money for a product that isn't ready to be shipped.
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #864 on: September 20, 2012, 11:01:14 AM »
 :goodpost:

Offline Xelvic

« Reply #865 on: September 20, 2012, 02:27:20 PM »
Thanks MCE. I don't recall the lady telling me that it would be 10 days before they shipped out. I'm not saying that she didn't, I just don't remember. I've ordered so much stuff for this bike in the last month I can't keep anything straight. I just got a set of LED city lights 2 days ago that I don't even remember ordering.   ???

Offline RyanMCEnterprises

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #866 on: September 20, 2012, 03:10:37 PM »
Thanks MCE. I don't recall the lady telling me that it would be 10 days before they shipped out. I'm not saying that she didn't, I just don't remember. I've ordered so much stuff for this bike in the last month I can't keep anything straight. I just got a set of LED city lights 2 days ago that I don't even remember ordering.   ???

No problem! Anyway, the lady (her name is Teri, by the way) definitely didn't tell you it would be 10 days til your product shipped out when you ordered because when I wrote that response, I meant the products should start showing up about 10 days from today. We're picking up the guards this afternoon from our powder coaters so we'll begin shipping early next week which would put them on the customers doorsteps in approximately 10 days from today. I apologize for the confusion on that!  :D
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #867 on: September 20, 2012, 04:37:00 PM »
I just got a set of LED city lights 2 days ago that I don't even remember ordering.   ???

:rotflmao:

I love drunken ebaying, it's awesome when stuff just show's up at my door and I'm like hey cool I've been meaning to get me one of those...  ;D   :chugbeer:

Offline Xelvic

« Reply #868 on: September 20, 2012, 04:41:07 PM »

I love drunken ebaying, it's awesome when stuff just show's up at my door and I'm like hey cool I've been meaning to get me one of those...  ;D   :chugbeer:

Ha Ha!! That's exactly what happened!! Wait a second...I ordered some Tech-spec pads too!! Crap...where the hell are they??? I think I ordered them awhile ago. Uggggggggg   :o

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #869 on: September 20, 2012, 05:02:01 PM »
Ha Ha!! That's exactly what happened!! Wait a second...I ordered some Tech-spec pads too!! Crap...where the hell are they??? I think I ordered them awhile ago. Uggggggggg   :o

Be careful with those Tech-Spec guys, they shipped me the wrong stuff three different times. The girl that answers the phone was really cool though, she said a few choice words about the guys in the back and then made everything right with me.

Offline Xelvic

« Reply #870 on: September 20, 2012, 05:35:49 PM »
Thanks for the heads up.

Offline Sgt Mac

« Reply #871 on: September 20, 2012, 07:48:37 PM »
They were currently in production when you ordered and we're actually picking them up from our powder coaters today. We'll be shipping out the next batch to people beginning next week so you guys should start to see them within about 10 days or so.

Dang, you ARE an information hog! Honestly, I don't blame you for wanting all of that information because most companies frequently drop the ball and have horrid customer service. However, we do things a bit differently here. You mentioned that on the phone, you were told that your guards would ship out in roughly 7-10 days after you had placed the order which still stands unless otherwise notified by either phone or email. We call or email our customers if the status of their order changes for some reason. The Canyon Cages have been in production the passed few weeks and we're actually supposed to be picking them up from our powder coaters later this afternoon. We'll begin shipping orders first thing next week once we have time to prep the guards and get them all boxed up and ready to roll.

Regarding the emailing of notifications and stuff: I have no problem emailing customers updates on their order as well as the invoice for their order (with tracking information) once their product ships out. Generally, most people who want us to email them that sort of stuff merely request that we do so when they order. I assume if they're interested in having it, they'll ask for it. To be honest with you, though, I usually ask customers that I personally help if they'd like their invoice with tracking information emailed to them when their product ships out.

Anyhow, I'm sure your order is still safe and sound and on-track to ship out next week as scheduled. If you'd like me to email you your invoice when your shipment leaves, please PM me your email and the name you placed the order with. Oh, and before I forget, we don't charge customers credit cards until the product is actually ready to leave our facility so that's why you haven't been billed yet. I don't think it's really fair to take money for a product that isn't ready to be shipped.

Like I said, no hit against the customer service. For example, you're on a forum devoted to a customer base for one of a number of products you offer. That alone is great, the customer service I experienced while placing my order was top notch, so I applaud you.

Again, I'm an info hog, in my job I have to be and it kind of rolls over into everything else. Everything I do has to be backed by some type of information trail, an email conversation, etc. I guess that probably drives the need for email traffic.

You mentioned some companies frequently dropping the ball and I think that is what always worries me the most. As for the charging of the card, I can accept where you're coming from, its a fair practice. Thank you for the response, I'll shoot you a PM.

I can't wait to get my cages, I love the product and I'm glad you offer them for the C14. Hell, toss some business cards in the box, I'll help spread the word.

On a different note, do you have anything in the works for a canyon cage style bar for the FJR?

Offline RBX QB

« Reply #872 on: September 21, 2012, 10:19:06 AM »

On a different note, do you have anything in the works for a canyon cage style bar for the FJR?

Yup... http://www.mcenterprisesusa.com/products/search/dsp_searchForm.cfm

I already clued in a buddy of mine who has an FJR.
2011 Concours 14 ABS
2̶0̶0̶6̶ ̶D̶u̶c̶a̶t̶i̶ ̶M̶o̶n̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶S̶2̶R̶D̶  SOLD

Offline Conrad

« Reply #873 on: September 21, 2012, 10:57:32 AM »

Hey J! I think that you need to have my home address posted near your PC at home, just in case you do anymore drunken ebaying...

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #874 on: September 21, 2012, 12:32:46 PM »
Hey J! I think that you need to have my home address posted near your PC at home, just in case you do anymore drunken ebaying...

;D ;D ;D

Offline Sgt Mac

« Reply #875 on: September 21, 2012, 01:07:28 PM »
Yup... http://www.mcenterprisesusa.com/products/search/dsp_searchForm.cfm

I already clued in a buddy of mine who has an FJR.

Talking more about something like the canyon cages that hug the bodywork and not the large loop style.

Offline DonnellMCE

« Reply #876 on: September 21, 2012, 01:32:48 PM »
Problem with our website.  To see the Canyon Cages for the FJR put 1200-400 in the search by keyword box on the products page and you will see them.  I am working on getting the site fixed.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #877 on: September 21, 2012, 02:21:32 PM »
Talking more about something like the canyon cages that hug the bodywork and not the large loop style.

Isn't this what you're talking about?

Offline RBX QB

« Reply #878 on: September 21, 2012, 02:23:11 PM »
Problem with our website.  To see the Canyon Cages for the FJR put 1200-400 in the search by keyword box on the products page and you will see them.  I am working on getting the site fixed.

What they said.
2011 Concours 14 ABS
2̶0̶0̶6̶ ̶D̶u̶c̶a̶t̶i̶ ̶M̶o̶n̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶S̶2̶R̶D̶  SOLD

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #879 on: September 21, 2012, 04:08:59 PM »

I still wonder what could have been done with the Gen 1 bars.