Author Topic: MC Enterprises Concours Canyon Cage Discussion  (Read 293491 times)

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
Re: MC Enterprises Concours Canyon Cage Discussion
« Reply #840 on: May 17, 2012, 03:34:25 AM »
Valerio has already posted All Of This Stuff Already.

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=7252.msg86174#msg86174

:offtopic:

The Pope
2011 C-14 Atomic Silver...... aka ImprovedSilverDammIt.

"The Universe is a contest between engineers making things idiot-proof and God making bigger idiots. So far, God is winning by a wide margin." Unknown author, well I don't know who said it.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #841 on: May 17, 2012, 04:28:18 AM »
I think it's correct not to go off topic in a post, but Valerio just wanted to provide you with what he sincerely thinks could be a benefit for every Connie owner.
Drilling a bag is his solution, could be interesting for someone could be useless for others.
Anyway, in his last post Valerio is upset because it seems you don't appreciate his suggestions.
The language barrier sometimes twists the real meanings of the phrases, so I just want to tell Valerio that no one is saying that your ideas are bullshit (I hope bullshit is allowed in this forum: I had a bad experience in another one managed by a mentally disturbed administrator ;) ...) .
I suggest you, if you haven't done it already, to open a specific thread about your suggestions, hints and advices.
Fellow riders will have the choice to argue about them in a free way.
In this post it's off-topic.

I translate this last part in Italian for him:

Valerio, nessuno sta dicendo che le tue idee sono stronzate.
Ti consiglio, se non l'hai già fatto, di aprire un thread specifico per i tuoi consigli e proposte.
Gli altri piloti potranno liberamente scegliere se commentare o meno le tue idee :)
In questo post siamo off-topic.

Ciao
Ugo

This is a thread discussion on the Canyon Cages per se, not pinning bags or various other subjects.  There are other threads for that.  I don't mind a little veering off course, I do it as well.  We're guys, it's easy for that to happen to us.

My previous post was a kindly reminder.  No malice was intended nor was it singling out anyone.  However and that's a big HOWEVER, my mentally disturbed deranged alter ego could surface if that friendly advice isn't heeded or there is push back over it.  We don't want that to happen.  It's not nice when that happens.  Then I get to feeling bad afterwards.  It's no good for anyone.  Any further posts outside the parameters (I like that word) of this thread will be deleted.  End of discussion.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #842 on: May 17, 2012, 09:41:49 AM »
This is a thread discussion on the Canyon Cages per se, not pinning bags or various other subjects.  There are other threads for that.  I don't mind a little veering off course, I do it as well.  We're guys, it's easy for that to happen to us.

My previous post was a kindly reminder.  No malice was intended nor was it singling out anyone.  However and that's a big HOWEVER, my mentally disturbed deranged alter ego could surface if that friendly advice isn't heeded or there is push back over it.  We don't want that to happen.  It's not nice when that happens.  Then I get to feeling bad afterwards.  It's no good for anyone.  Any further posts outside the parameters (I like that word) of this thread will be deleted.  End of discussion.

That is as diplomatic as I have ever seen a mod be!

Bravo!

Breaker19

« Reply #843 on: May 20, 2012, 09:15:00 AM »
Yea, and when our Mod friend ever has to come after you, just do this:

Monty Python - Run Away!

LOL...  8)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #844 on: May 20, 2012, 04:05:39 PM »
 :rotflmao:   Monty Python soothes the savage beast...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline ZZG1400RIDER

« Reply #845 on: June 19, 2012, 11:01:37 AM »
Can I get a copy of the install instructions so I can pretend to read them before I tear the box open like a little kid on Christmas day.  ???

Offline RyanMCEnterprises

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #846 on: June 19, 2012, 11:10:09 AM »
Can I get a copy of the install instructions so I can pretend to read them before I tear the box open like a little kid on Christmas day.  ???

For the 2010-2012 Canyon Cage, correct? I've added them for you as an attachment to this response.
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline drizoiu

PLEASE HELP !!!Re: MC Enterprises Concours Canyon Cage Discussion
« Reply #847 on: August 26, 2012, 09:33:16 PM »
Hello Everyone,
 Does this Enterprise cage fit a 2009 C14 ABS ????

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #848 on: August 27, 2012, 04:11:38 AM »
This one does...

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=9386.0

There are two versions.  One for the 10+ bikes and one for the 08/09 bikes.

Offline RyanMCEnterprises

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #849 on: August 28, 2012, 02:53:59 PM »
Hello Everyone,
 Does this Enterprise cage fit a 2009 C14 ABS ????

This one does...

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=9386.0

There are two versions.  One for the 10+ bikes and one for the 08/09 bikes.

Thanks for answering him, Jim! You hit the nail directly on the head! We do indeed make a Canyon Cage for the 2008-2009 Connie and it's part number #1400-400. If you're also interested in the Saddle Bag Guards for that bike as well, they're #1400-300.
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline Xelvic

« Reply #850 on: September 04, 2012, 08:28:27 PM »
Late to the party. Where's a good place to buy these cages? Doesn't look like I can buy them off of  MCEnterprises website.
2012 Kawasaki Concours 14

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #851 on: September 04, 2012, 09:08:49 PM »
Late to the party. Where's a good place to buy these cages? Doesn't look like I can buy them off of  MCEnterprises website.

Call McEnterprises
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Xelvic

« Reply #852 on: September 05, 2012, 04:19:31 PM »
Got them ordered!! This bike is going to put me in the poor house! When will the bleeding stop!!! Oh well, anyone have a good highway peg for these???   ;D

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #853 on: September 05, 2012, 04:57:35 PM »
Got them ordered!!

Congrats!

This bike is going to put me in the poor house! When will the bleeding stop!!! Oh well, anyone have a good highway peg for these???   ;D

Well, since you are in the mood to spend, go for the best :)    Skip trying to ruin the Canyons with addon's that look crazy and are WAY too wide and far away to be practical and get Ronnie's Highway Pegs (which are not really pegs).
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #854 on: September 05, 2012, 05:15:01 PM »
Oh well, anyone have a good highway peg for these???   ;D
Don't listen to Max. I got these on mine and absolutely love them. Unless you ordered chrome ones  :doublepuke:

http://www.rivcoproducts.com/products/product.php?productid=282&cat=221&page=1

http://www.rivcoproducts.com/products/product.php?productid=352&cat=221&page=1

Offline RBX QB

« Reply #855 on: September 05, 2012, 05:18:12 PM »
Don't listen to Max. I got these on mine and absolutely love them. Unless you ordered chrome ones  :doublepuke:

http://www.rivcoproducts.com/products/product.php?productid=282&cat=221&page=1

http://www.rivcoproducts.com/products/product.php?productid=352&cat=221&page=1

+1... The powdercoat isn't as quality as the bars, but the pegs will work for the times they are on the bike. They look like they'd disassemble pretty easy if they need to be refinished.
2011 Concours 14 ABS
2̶0̶0̶6̶ ̶D̶u̶c̶a̶t̶i̶ ̶M̶o̶n̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶S̶2̶R̶D̶  SOLD

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #856 on: September 05, 2012, 06:15:11 PM »
I have to go with Max on this one, the Gen 1 Canyons will not work with Ronnies so I had to sell mine and bought Rivco's.  No way they are comparable, if I had a 2010+ C14 Ronnies are the only pegs I would consider.   They satisfy both form and function.

Offline Jim M.

• 2008 C-14
« Reply #857 on: September 06, 2012, 07:34:57 AM »

Offline Xelvic

« Reply #858 on: September 19, 2012, 05:00:04 PM »
So I ordered these on the 9-5-12 and haven't got them yet. How long does it take?

Offline Bugnut

• The Dude abides.
« Reply #859 on: September 19, 2012, 07:14:28 PM »
I went down a different path or my pegs...

I welded in a little spot on the peg itself to decrease the droop of the peg. Leveled it out since the welded in tab follows the angle of the whole bar. I didn't compensate for that and really it worked out better to get to the bolt next to the fairing. Way comfortable.

Mike
"Now I know what the Klingons felt like when the Enterprise was at warp 9 with photon torpedoes firing away as they blasted past. There is no way I could catch up to, much less get past that Concours when it's on the hunt it's lights at full power."