Author Topic: MC Enterprises Concours Canyon Cage Discussion  (Read 293972 times)

Offline Necron99

• Arena
    • Facebook Page
Re: MC Enterprises Concours Canyon Cage Discussion
« Reply #780 on: May 05, 2012, 08:27:52 PM »
I'm sure the prices will be in the group buy thread he'll post on Monday.  Woot woot!
Do not go gentle into that good night.
-Dylan Thomas

2010 ZG1400 COG #9384

Offline RyanMCEnterprises

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #781 on: May 06, 2012, 10:06:24 AM »
these look great. ill be ordering on Monday. What will be the price of a front/rear combo in black?

Bill

Thanks, Bill! It took quite a bit of work but I think we really ended up with a great product. MSRP  for the Canyon Cage is going to be $300. The saddle bag guards are $175 as always although the discount percentage does apply if you purchase both. I'll get into the pricing and discount tiers in the group buy thread on Monday but I believe the maximum discount is going to be 20-25% and one person, one credit card, one shipping address equals one order. The more orders there are, the better the savings basically.
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline Mal

• Arena
  • There is no spoon...
« Reply #782 on: May 06, 2012, 07:50:30 PM »
Thanks, Bill! It took quite a bit of work but I think we really ended up with a great product. MSRP  for the Canyon Cage is going to be $300. The saddle bag guards are $175 as always although the discount percentage does apply if you purchase both. I'll get into the pricing and discount tiers in the group buy thread on Monday but I believe the maximum discount is going to be 20-25% and one person, one credit card, one shipping address equals one order. The more orders there are, the better the savings basically.

What will be the amount refunded for the bathroom bars?
`09 ZG-1400
Western Colorado

"It is not the business of government to make men virtuous or religious, or to preserve the fool from the consequences of his own folly. Government should be repressive no further than is necessary to secure liberty by protecting the equal rights of each from aggression on the part of others" —Henry George

Offline FireIdiot

« Reply #783 on: May 06, 2012, 11:49:56 PM »
Ryan,

So if i currently have the police bars on the front, what is involved with removing them and installing these? Do the new bars use the same mounting holes?
1999 Yamaha Zuma 50 (Camping Scooter)
2010 C14 ABS Blue
Member Red Knights - IL Chapter 21

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #784 on: May 07, 2012, 08:34:52 AM »
What will be the amount refunded for the bathroom bars?

That depends on a few things, actually. First, it'll depend on how many Cages we sell during the group buy and what discount is applied. Second, it'll depend on whether your bathroom bars need to be stripped and redone (the majority of you who have mounted them will most likely need them stripped and redone). I believe the end cost of the bathroom bars for the group buy was $297.50. If we hit the maximum discount for the Canyon Cage we're looking at a cost of $225 so if your bars don't need to be stripped and redone you're looking at a refund of $72.50.

Ryan,

So if i currently have the police bars on the front, what is involved with removing them and installing these? Do the new bars use the same mounting holes?

The Canyon Cage does share some of the same mounting points as the bathroom bars. I'm not sure what you mean by what's involved, though. Basically all you need to do is remove the old set and install the new set. The Canyon Cage doesn't require any drilling or cutting or anything so you're good there. In fact, the Canyon Cage doesn't even require you to remove the fairings for installation. The 2010-2012 bathroom bars did require you to make a small cut in an air duct beneath the fairing but that's not visible with the fairings on so it's nothing to worry about when you remove the bathroom bars.
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline wendel

« Reply #785 on: May 07, 2012, 09:42:29 AM »
You are making it hard for me to justify keeping the bathroom bars. I am pretty sure I will be ordering the Canyon Cages. Thanks.
2012 C14

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #786 on: May 07, 2012, 10:12:00 AM »
I just ordered a set. Woo Hoo can't wait.

Offline pbenson

« Reply #787 on: May 07, 2012, 10:16:12 AM »
So, where did you go to order them??  Is there a "group buy" thread started yet??   (I didn't see one.)  Information, please.  thanks

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #788 on: May 07, 2012, 10:19:19 AM »
So, where did you go to order them??  Is there a "group buy" thread started yet??   (I didn't see one.)  Information, please.  thanks

It's Monday morning so I'm pretty busy here at the office! I should have the group buy thread written up and posted by this afternoon though! You can always call us at 866.886.2368 and order if you absolutely can't wait but the group buy thread will be up later today for those of you looking for more information first.

Offline Colt45

• COGnito Ergo Zoom
« Reply #789 on: May 07, 2012, 10:26:48 AM »
O.K.  I'm in for a set for my '09, in black.  Opinions/wishes bellow:

1)  Would you guys mind a Canyon Cage that required drilling into the fairing if it meant a cleaner, better looking application?
Prefer no drilling, but would accept it

2) Or, would you rather have a slightly beefier bar that used external mounting points exclusively as to avoid fairing modification?
Let the engineers decide, but i want a bar that will fit the 08-09.  I would like it to have a fairly convenient spot for a set of highway pegs for another leg position.   

3) Would you prefer a single-bar, 2 point cage or a slightly beefier 2 or 3-bar, 2.5 or 3 point cage?
Let the engineers decide.

3) How much does lean angle matter to you (this was a huge selling point for our Canyon Cages on the supersports as they protrude LESS than standard frame sliders)?
The bars must not reduce cornering lean angle.   

4) Also, are there any other things that bother you about currently available front-end protection?
The only ones that aren't butt-ugly are expensive and difficult to get.

5) I'd really like to hear what bothers you folks about the fairing guards that are currently on the market so we can work to eliminate as much of those things as possible.
The only ones that aren't butt-ugly are expensive and difficult to get.  They are too wide and look like they will make getting it into my crowded garage tough. 
John 
'09 Concours 14  '00 748/853 "Rosetta" 
Chattanooga 
COG/IBA

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #790 on: May 07, 2012, 10:50:30 AM »

I called the number on the web site that Ryan mentioned: 866 886 2368

I didn't know there would be a separate thread for ordering.

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #791 on: May 07, 2012, 11:18:36 AM »
O.K.  I'm in for a set for my '09, in black.  Opinions/wishes bellow:

Thanks for your input, Colt! I believe we're getting the 2009 Connie in our shop the week of May 21st. At that time I'll make a new thread so those of you who are interested can be a part of the design/build process again like we did for the 2010-2012 Canyon Cage.

I called the number on the web site that Ryan mentioned: 866 886 2368

I didn't know there would be a separate thread for ordering.

The group buy thread isn't really for ordering through so you're okay. Individuals still have to either call, email, or otherwise contact me directly to place their order. The group buy thread is really just a place to ask/answer questions people may have regarding the bars themselves, discounts, fitment, or any other questions people may have.

Offline Mal

• Arena
  • There is no spoon...
« Reply #792 on: May 10, 2012, 10:53:18 AM »
That depends on a few things, actually. First, it'll depend on how many Cages we sell during the group buy and what discount is applied. Second, it'll depend on whether your bathroom bars need to be stripped and redone (the majority of you who have mounted them will most likely need them stripped and redone). I believe the end cost of the bathroom bars for the group buy was $297.50. If we hit the maximum discount for the Canyon Cage we're looking at a cost of $225 so if your bars don't need to be stripped and redone you're looking at a refund of $72.50.

Talked to Ryan today, and they are offering the full retail value of the bathroom bars as a trade in on the Canyon cages. The refund he mentions is what they would send me after I traded in my bathroom bars for the Canyon Cages...

Confused? I was... I'm sure he'll be along shortly to explain.
`09 ZG-1400
Western Colorado

"It is not the business of government to make men virtuous or religious, or to preserve the fool from the consequences of his own folly. Government should be repressive no further than is necessary to secure liberty by protecting the equal rights of each from aggression on the part of others" —Henry George

Offline Conrad

« Reply #793 on: May 10, 2012, 11:03:30 AM »
Talked to Ryan today, and they are offering the full retail value of the bathroom bars as a trade in on the Canyon cages. The refund he mentions is what they would send me after I traded in my bathroom bars for the Canyon Cages...

Wow! You can't go wrong there.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #794 on: May 10, 2012, 12:05:26 PM »

This is correct. Although the only people eligible for the exchange are those who purchased their bathroom bars directly from us during the first group buy as the timing of the Canyon Cage build sort of screwed them over. We are offering a credit for the full amount paid for the bathroom bars ($297.50) and will deduct the cost to strip and redo the bars if need be from that credit. Seeing as how the majority of you will be trading the bathroom bars for the Canyon Cage, the price of the Canyon Cage will also be taken from this credit of $297.50 leaving you with a refund of $42.50 if your bars need to be stripped and redone. I could see why this would be confusing though so I figured it'd be easier to handle these on a case by case basis.

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #795 on: May 10, 2012, 08:11:51 PM »
This is correct. Although the only people eligible for the exchange are those who purchased their bathroom bars directly from us during the first group buy as the timing of the Canyon Cage build sort of screwed them over. We are offering a credit for the full amount paid for the bathroom bars ($297.50) and will deduct the cost to strip and redo the bars if need be from that credit. Seeing as how the majority of you will be trading the bathroom bars for the Canyon Cage, the price of the Canyon Cage will also be taken from this credit of $297.50 leaving you with a refund of $42.50 if your bars need to be stripped and redone. I could see why this would be confusing though so I figured it'd be easier to handle these on a case by case basis.

You guys are seriously awesome in your customer service!  I can't believe that!  I hope this bring you great prosperity in your business!

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
« Reply #796 on: May 11, 2012, 03:53:42 AM »

I missed out on the group buy (bought them in January 2012). So I paid full price  :(  for the front and rear and installed them when I had less than 5 miles on my bike.

I like the bathroom bars (cagers on the interstate tend to move to the right as I approch them for behind  ;D ) and would not be traiding them in anyway. This is a great deal for those who would rather have the cage instead of the bathroom bars. So now I'm just trying to figure out if I want the Canyon Cage too. It's just seems that lately, I've been a day late and a dollar short.  :(   I know the bike with the bags off would look better with the Canyon Cage instead of the bathroom bars.

Decissions decissions.  :-\
The Pope
2011 C-14 Atomic Silver...... aka ImprovedSilverDammIt.

"The Universe is a contest between engineers making things idiot-proof and God making bigger idiots. So far, God is winning by a wide margin." Unknown author, well I don't know who said it.

Offline Armyguns

« Reply #797 on: May 11, 2012, 05:40:39 AM »
I missed out on the group buy (bought them in January 2012). So I paid full price  :(  for the front and rear and installed them when I had less than 5 miles on my bike.

I like the bathroom bars (cagers on the interstate tend to move to the right as I approch them for behind  ;D ) and would not be traiding them in anyway. This is a great deal for those who would rather have the cage instead of the bathroom bars. So now I'm just trying to figure out if I want the Canyon Cage too. It's just seems that lately, I've been a day late and a dollar short.  :(   I know the bike with the bags off would look better with the Canyon Cage instead of the bathroom bars.
Decissions decissions.  :-\

I'm in the same position, just been there longer.  I bought my bars in May 2011.  I paid a whopping $350 for just the fronts. I spoke with Ryan yesterday to see if there was any 'deal' for those of us who were early adopters of the bars.  Unfortunately, the answer was no.  I thought about going in on the current group buy and then selling the original bars, but the reality is anyone who is thinking about the bars is probably going to get them off this buy.  I really don't want to have the bars hanging around and I'd never swap back and forth, so it looks like I will be keeping the bathroom bars. 
2010 C14 ABS

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #798 on: May 11, 2012, 03:54:56 PM »
  I know the bike with the bags off would look better with the Canyon Cage instead of the bathroom bars.

To have protection, you need the rear bars also.  So if you take the bags off, those look very odd, regardless of if you have the bathroom or canyon bars on the front.  Me?  I never take off the bags, except for maintenance.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

MGvalerio

« Reply #799 on: May 14, 2012, 12:27:52 PM »
these look great. ill be ordering on Monday. What will be the price of a front/rear combo in black?

Bill
Ci vuole sempre tanta prudenza.
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/393389_2919668597047_1420743669_3019992_1978297721_n.jpg

MGvalerio. 8)