Author Topic: MC Enterprises Concours Canyon Cage Discussion  (Read 293470 times)

Taff

Re: MC Enterprises Concours Canyon Cage Discussion
« Reply #740 on: May 03, 2012, 09:20:04 PM »
That would be fruffy Silverdammit thank you very much and we don't need the added drag from Candy A$$ Red slowing us down. 8)

:rotflmao:

Offline Conrad

« Reply #741 on: May 04, 2012, 04:53:45 AM »
That would be fruffy Silverdammit thank you very much and we don't need the added drag from Candy A$$ Red slowing us down. 8)

:thumbs:

Red bars on a Silverdammit would cause the bike to be more apt to tip over anyways.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline wendel

« Reply #742 on: May 04, 2012, 06:47:18 AM »
Ryan- another question about us bathroom bars owners. If I decide to get in on the group buy for the Canyon Cages, can I just order and once I receive the Canyon Cage, return the bathroom bars? I do not want to be without crash protection for a week or so and I ride daily. I alreay put them to use twice in sugar sand and was completely unconcerned each time about the possibility of any damage. I was quite calm and did not think twice about the drop. I figure you are going to deduct for powder coating them again anyway.

2012 C14

Son of Pappy

« Reply #743 on: May 04, 2012, 06:57:10 AM »
Thats the spirit Wendel, I think I'm going to start a thread for a group buy for something not built yet, maybe a little incentive for Ryan to ignore us for awhile so he can get caught up on buisness and then build a set of gen one bars.  Maybe along with a poll?
For the record, I will be ordering a set as soon as they are ready.

Offline RyanMCEnterprises

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #744 on: May 04, 2012, 09:55:42 AM »
Ryan- another question about us bathroom bars owners. If I decide to get in on the group buy for the Canyon Cages, can I just order and once I receive the Canyon Cage, return the bathroom bars? I do not want to be without crash protection for a week or so and I ride daily. I alreay put them to use twice in sugar sand and was completely unconcerned each time about the possibility of any damage. I was quite calm and did not think twice about the drop. I figure you are going to deduct for powder coating them again anyway.

We do do returns/exchanges this way from time to time so I don't see it being an issue. Generally what we do with exchanges is take your credit card information and send out the new product without charging your card. Then we'll generally give the customer 2 weeks to return the original product to us at which point we charge the card if the product doesn't arrive. Once the product arrives we'll put it through our QC and determine whether it needs to be stripped and redone or not.
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline Necron99

• Arena
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #745 on: May 04, 2012, 10:32:31 AM »
So what kind of timeline are we looking at for the 10-12 model group buy?  IE, we can I give you my credit card, when will shipping begin? :D Not that I'm impatient or anything... ;)  It's FUN having people rabid for your product line, isn't it?  (I manage customer service for a company that's experiencing titanic growth, so I know...it's fun!)
Do not go gentle into that good night.
-Dylan Thomas

2010 ZG1400 COG #9384

Offline Conrad

« Reply #746 on: May 04, 2012, 10:38:49 AM »
So what kind of timeline are we looking at for the 10-12 model group buy?  IE, we can I give you my credit card, when will shipping begin? :D Not that I'm impatient or anything... ;)  It's FUN having people rabid for your product line, isn't it?  (I manage customer service for a company that's experiencing titanic growth, so I know...it's fun!)

From MCE's website.

"#1400-410
Canyon Cages (Kawasaki Concours 1400 2010-2012)

Low profile bars to help protect the fairings in a low or no speed drop. These bars are made here in the USA with 1" steel tubing and need no cutting or drilling to mount on a stock bike. We are offering them in Black Powdercoat or Raw. Our first production run will be available mid-June 2012. You can visit the forum at http://www.zggtr.org for more information and to see how this product was developed with customer input. Contact us directly to order. "

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline wipfel

• 2010 Concours 14 ABS
« Reply #747 on: May 04, 2012, 10:44:41 AM »
That kind of sucks.  It might be the best they can do, but that seems like a long time.  BTW, I'm the impatient type as well.
--If I could be anywhere right now, I'd still be out there, on my bike, in the wilderness.

2010 Concours 14 ABS

Offline wendel

« Reply #748 on: May 04, 2012, 10:47:28 AM »
Sounds like a very reasonable policy. I know mine will have to be stripped from the installation and the drop in the sugar sand.
2012 C14

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #749 on: May 04, 2012, 10:48:02 AM »
Ryan, are we going to have the pleasure of continuing this thread to assist you in the design of the Gen1 bars. Hate to let an epic like this go. :)

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #750 on: May 04, 2012, 10:52:57 AM »

It's definitely nice to see people excited for a product I had a direct hand in designing! I'm planning on starting the group buy on Monday, May 7th which is when the bars are going into production. At that time you guys can begin placing orders. The group buy will probably end in about 3-4 weeks (I haven't quite figured out a firm date to end the group buy as of yet) which would be about 2 weeks prior to the completion of the bars. That way I will know how many people want black, chrome, or raw so I know how many sets of each I'll need to fill the orders.

TL;DR - Group Buy begins May 7th and guards will most likely begin shipping June 11th-18th.

That kind of sucks.  It might be the best they can do, but that seems like a long time.  BTW, I'm the impatient type as well.

We're looking at 4 weeks minimum which really isn't very long to produce ~50 cages. That's quite a bit of work to be done. Generally our production takes roughly 6 weeks but I believe we're going to prioritize these higher so we can get them done as quickly as possible for you guys. I know a lot of you are eager so we're doing our best!

Ryan, are we going to have the pleasure of continuing this thread to assist you in the design of the Gen1 bars. Hate to let an epic like this go. :)

I was thinking of just starting a new thread for the Gen1 bars. This thread is getting so long now it's difficult to really find any information for people just joining in on the conversation. I think it'd be best to just start over when we get the bike in and begin preliminary design work. It is quite an epic thread though...
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline daringdave

« Reply #751 on: May 04, 2012, 10:57:05 AM »
Ryan,
Since we are at the ordering/production phase of the project, I want to revisit the idea of including highway pegs as part of the group buy as discussed on page 39 of this thread. Now might be a good time to gauge interest for your production planning, since I would want them to come either with around when I would receive the canyon cage, and others might as well.

I like the pegs you showed us on page 39-40 on this thread, but with a black powder coat. Can you provide the pegs in black and make them available as part of the group buy, with similar quantity requirements and discount as the bars?

2010 Neptune Blue

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #752 on: May 04, 2012, 11:17:53 AM »
Ryan,
Since we are at the ordering/production phase of the project, I want to revisit the idea of including highway pegs as part of the group buy as discussed on page 39 of this thread. Now might be a good time to gauge interest for your production planning, since I would want them to come either with around when I would receive the canyon cage, and others might as well.

I like the pegs you showed us on page 39-40 on this thread, but with a black powder coat. Can you provide the pegs in black and make them available as part of the group buy, with similar quantity requirements and discount as the bars?

We can definitely include the highway pegs in the group buy if there are still people interested in the set we mocked up on page 39-40. It didn't seem like there was a ton of interest in them so it may be easier to handle those people case by case. Unfortunately our pegs only come in chrome though so we won't be able to offer them to you in black.  :( For those of you who want our highway peg option, they can definitely be included with your purchase of the Canyon Cage and be delivered together. If you'd really prefer a set of black pegs I'd look into those Lindy clamp/pegs that someone posted a few pages back, those things would look wicked on the Canyon Cage! I'm sure there are also a slew of other options out there for affordable black pegs with a 1" clamp.

Offline daringdave

« Reply #753 on: May 04, 2012, 11:27:32 AM »
I would not want the pegs with a chrome finish, but thanks for the info.
2010 Neptune Blue

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #754 on: May 04, 2012, 11:29:32 AM »
I would not want the pegs with a chrome finish, but thanks for the info.

Yeaaa, I figured you were stuck on the black. It's okay, though. No problem! I'm sure you can find a nice set of nice black pegs that'll fit on a 1" bar. That's a pretty generic clamp size.

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
« Reply #755 on: May 04, 2012, 11:39:32 AM »
Instead of including other specific products, why not some sort of % off on any other of your items that you produce if they are purchased at the same time? Just a thought.
The Pope
2011 C-14 Atomic Silver...... aka ImprovedSilverDammIt.

"The Universe is a contest between engineers making things idiot-proof and God making bigger idiots. So far, God is winning by a wide margin." Unknown author, well I don't know who said it.

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #756 on: May 04, 2012, 11:56:59 AM »
Instead of including other specific products, why not some sort of % off on any other of your items that you produce if they are purchased at the same time? Just a thought.

That's pretty much what it is, just worded a bit differently. I'll go ahead and apply the tiered discount for those of you who also want other product we make if purchased with the Canyon Cage or small saddle bag guards during the group buy.

Offline Necron99

• Arena
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #757 on: May 04, 2012, 12:15:10 PM »
Awesome, I'm definitely going for raw cage and raw small rear bag bars.  Appreciate you, Ryan!
Do not go gentle into that good night.
-Dylan Thomas

2010 ZG1400 COG #9384

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #758 on: May 04, 2012, 02:53:25 PM »
From MCE's website:
[...] "We are offering them in Black Powdercoat or Raw. "

What??????  So I won't be able to order chrome?  One can order chrome with all the other Canyon Cages, Bathroom Bars, and rear bars they make.  If this is true, I guess I won't get to be a part of the group buy  (and will be very disappointed, after all this development work and waiting)   :(
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #759 on: May 04, 2012, 02:58:35 PM »
And every order placed will be shipped with a bit of swag, right Ryan?     ;)    ;D