Author Topic: What happened to Super Tech oil filters?  (Read 15871 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: What happened to Super Tech oil filters?
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2012, 09:33:02 PM »
I happened to be in WallyWorld the other day and did a quick check- all Super Tech filters are gone and there is an entire rack of Purolator 'Classic' filters there instead. As you mentioned, something like $3 or $4 but they do not seem to carry the Pure One filters.

Seeing as WalMart no longer carries Rotella oil, at least the one local to me, I guess I will get used to going to the local auto parts emporium for both filters and oil. By the way, has anyone else noted the significant price increase in motor oil? I assume it is just following the price of crude oil up but it is still surprising due to the rate of increase.

Brian

After reading this thread I went to my local Wally World to stock up on a few filters in case there were eliminating them. There were absolutely NONE on the shelf. There happened to be an automotive employee right there so I asked where the ST filters were. His reply was that Walmart corporate called for them to be removed. He said all stores should have taken them off the shelf and they were being replaced with Purolater brand filters. They previously did not carry Purolater. I did see a selection of Purolater filters o the shelf and they were all priced at $3+ (give or take some change) but they did not have the correct one for the C14 or either of my 2 vehicles.
So take that for what it worth, that is what he told me.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline lt1

• 2008 C14
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2012, 02:11:59 PM »
I haven't been able to find T6 at WalMart lately, but the local ones all still seem to have Rotella T.  Still about $13/gallon in AZ.
Eyes, Brain, Hands.  Repeat.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2012, 03:21:22 PM »
Interesting. Rotella 15W-40 is $17 or $18 / gal. in most places and can occasionally be found here (RI) for $15 and change. I do not think there is any 'brand name' motor oil sold here for $13 a gallon anymore. Maybe the difference is in shipping costs and motor oil originates a lot closer to you?

Brian

I haven't been able to find T6 at WalMart lately, but the local ones all still seem to have Rotella T.  Still about $13/gallon in AZ.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline lt1

• 2008 C14
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2012, 04:55:41 PM »
I could be wrong, but IIRC I bought my last gallon of T only about a month ago.   FWIW, 87 gas is about 3.78 here at the cheap (ARCO) stations, but up to about 3.95 at some of the stations across town.
Eyes, Brain, Hands.  Repeat.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2012, 07:39:20 PM »
WalMart should have Cycle Gear right next door in the same crummy strip malls  :D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine