Author Topic: F1s High Performance Exhaust  (Read 3073 times)

Offline Matt L

F1s High Performance Exhaust
« on: March 10, 2012, 07:18:40 AM »
Does anyone have any experience with the subject exhaust system for the Concours?

I have a low mileage 1986 and was wondering if its worth the cost and time to remove and replace the OEMs with F1s. 

Offline Mettler1

Re: F1s High Performance Exhaust
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 07:24:41 AM »
   If I remember right they are lighter in weight and make a nice sound but "high performance" I don't think so. But they do sound faster!! ;D
'94 Concours 112,000 miles-- 7th gear,2MM,KB fork brace,Over flowtubes,Stick coils,Tcro shifter,GPS,Torque cams,SPOOKFAK,block off plates, SS brake & clutch lines,KB risers, FENDA EXTENDA, emulators,etc

Offline jim snyder

• Arena
  • I'm married but my girlfriends name is Connie
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 06:36:51 PM »
Does anyone have any experience with the subject exhaust system for the Concours?

I have a low mileage 1986 and was wondering if its worth the cost and time to remove and replace the OEMs with F1s.

Hey Matt, If it involves Connie exhaust I have done it. The F-1's are loud and don't do much
as far as performance. If you want something different that does work you might consider my 4 into 1 exhaust thats for sale in the "For Sale" section.
"Somedays you're the windshield, and somedays you're the bug"
"An armed citizen is a patriot, and unarmed citizen is a victim"

http://community.webshots.com/user/kawadude

Offline wild4stangs

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 11:39:15 AM »
I just picked up a set used, and they are light and loud, and look great... I love them !
01 Yamaha Roadstar Silverado
94 Wineberry Connie

Offline Eddie

• BANNED
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2012, 01:56:30 AM »
Matt, first, I need to see a bigger picture of your concours, that orange looks killer.

Second, do you already have a set of F1 pipes ? If you do then go ahead and swap em, will take ya all of 20 minutes.

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2012, 06:10:35 AM »
I just picked up a set used, and they are light and loud, and look great... I love them !

You can control that "loudness" by repacking them with QUALITY long strand ceramic muffler packing and packing them tightly with as much packing as you can fit into them. When I had mine this is what I did and it toned them down quite nicely so that they still sounded great but were no longer LOUD....
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline jim snyder

• Arena
  • I'm married but my girlfriends name is Connie
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2012, 07:21:22 AM »
I toned my Muzzy muffler down by installing a 2-cycle baffle I got from JCW into the muffler. The F-1's are very similiar in size to that Muzzy, so if they are too loud hollar at me and I'll give you the heads up on that project. 
"Somedays you're the windshield, and somedays you're the bug"
"An armed citizen is a patriot, and unarmed citizen is a victim"

http://community.webshots.com/user/kawadude