Author Topic: Starting without transponder?  (Read 14786 times)

MGvalerio

Starting without transponder?
« on: February 17, 2012, 01:14:11 AM »
Notice to all GTRisti your motorcycle with universal key position on the GTR 1400 can be started even without the transponder in less than 15 "seconds, leave the master key in the OFF position, yet you can always turn the engine , but does not disengage the lock handlebar.

Forewarned is forearmed.

MGvalerio. :( >:( :-[
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 04:09:12 AM by VirginiaJim »

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
Re: NOTICE ....ONLY I KNOW HOW TO DO IT .... AT LEAST I THINK????????
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 03:51:30 AM »
very apocaliptic.  ???
Care to elaborate?
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: NOTICE ....ONLY I KNOW HOW TO DO IT .... AT LEAST I THINK????????
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 04:08:17 AM »
+1??
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
Re: Starting without transponder?
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 04:18:07 AM »
Please Do Not Post How To Do This Online!!!

If you do, the crooks will know how to steel our bikes!

"Maybe" you should contact Kawasaki and let them know what you found.
The Pope
2011 C-14 Atomic Silver...... aka ImprovedSilverDammIt.

"The Universe is a contest between engineers making things idiot-proof and God making bigger idiots. So far, God is winning by a wide margin." Unknown author, well I don't know who said it.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 04:37:56 AM »
I agree, but strangely want to know how.  Is that wrong? 
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 05:16:17 AM »
I find this VERY hard to believe.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline lt1

• 2008 C14
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 09:29:54 AM »
Let me re-translate that for you. 

If you lose your transmitter, you can still re-start your C14 within 15 seconds after shutting the ignition off.  Don't lock the handlebars or wait too long, or it won't work.
Eyes, Brain, Hands.  Repeat.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2012, 09:39:30 AM »
Let me re-translate that for you. 

If you lose your transmitter, you can still re-start your C14 within 15 seconds after shutting the ignition off.  Don't lock the handlebars or wait too long, or it won't work.

Oh, nevermind and carry on.    :-[

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

MGvalerio

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2012, 09:49:58 AM »
Scusate se vi rispondo in ritardo......... :-[

Mi spiego meglio...se io trovo un vostro GTR 1400 Kawa...parcheggiata e incustodita in 15"secondi  metto in moto il motore e se la chiave è nel quadro e in posizione OFF ve la porto via.Non mi occorre il vostro TRASPONDER.

Se volete avvisare Kawasaki ..OK            la mia EMAIL è           valeriofo@live.it

NON PREOCCUPATEVI ...   ACQUA IN BOCCA MIA ...su tale evento. Raga .... peso 88k mica sono vuoto.. ;)

MGvalerio. ;)

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2012, 10:11:41 AM »
Oh, nevermind and carry on.    :-[

+1   :-\
The Pope
2011 C-14 Atomic Silver...... aka ImprovedSilverDammIt.

"The Universe is a contest between engineers making things idiot-proof and God making bigger idiots. So far, God is winning by a wide margin." Unknown author, well I don't know who said it.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2012, 10:17:47 AM »
Is that what he is talking about?

Offline lt1

• 2008 C14
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2012, 10:25:39 AM »
Basically, sorry for the delay in responding.  What he is trying to warn us about is that if a thief was able to get to the bike within 15 seconds of us shutting it off, he could start it up and ride it away.  This warning appears to be in either the owner's and/or service manual.

Having lived in a foreign country, I understand that it is hard work to communicate at times.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2012, 10:28:21 AM »
Thanks.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2012, 10:42:59 AM »
Basically, sorry for the delay in responding.  What he is trying to warn us about is that if a thief was able to get to the bike within 15 seconds of us shutting it off, he could start it up and ride it away.  This warning appears to be in either the owner's and/or service manual.

Having lived in a foreign country, I understand that it is hard work to communicate at times.

Heck, it takes me more than 15 seconds to get off the bike after I shut it off anyways, so, no worries here.    ;)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2012, 10:48:50 AM »
+1.  I don't know why you would want to restart it that quickly during normal operations.  I guess if you are riding naked (well you have the transponder taped or inserted somewhere) and sprint to the nearest clothing store, I imagine any crook looking for an easy steal would take that opportunity (after reading the manual of course to know that this happens) steal our beloved bike and motor off into the sunset. ;)

Seriously, though, what occasion would cause someone to need to do that?  My thoughts are that when it's turned off, it should be off.

MGvalerio

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2012, 10:53:30 AM »
 Senza transponder la GTR 1400  può essere messa in moto da me,spero ora capiate il grosso problema.

Io non sono un ladro,se lo fossi avrei il garage pieno di GTR 1400 .OK

Without the transponder GTR 1400 can be set in motion by me, I hope you understand the big deal hours.

I am not a thief, if I were I would have a garage full of GTR 1400. OK

MGvalerio. >:(

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2012, 11:23:51 AM »
Didn't say you were a thief.  Just wondering about the whole premise, that's all.  Notice the  ;) smiley?  I use humor all the time here.

Are you saying you can start the bike without a transponder, period?  I'm not talking about the 15 second interval after switch off.  I'm talking about anytime. 

If anyone can figure that one out, you could, based upon what you've shown us here.

If that's not the case and you are only talking about the 15 seconds after switch off then I still don't get the point of that.  I can be thick at times...well most times, and may not understand what you are talking about.

Offline lt1

• 2008 C14
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2012, 12:11:36 PM »
Now it sounds like he believes that a locked C14 can be started without a transponder, and that it is a 15-second process, and that he is capable of executing the procedure.  Since he is not a thief, he doesn't use this information to steal bikes.

IIRC, Fred H had a brief thread a few years back indicating that the locking mechanism could be bypassed in about 2 minutes, but he clammed up immediately afterwards.

MGvalerio

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2012, 12:20:21 PM »
Didn't say you were a thief.  Just wondering about the whole premise, that's all.  Notice the  ;) smiley?  I use humor all the time here.

Are you saying you can start the bike without a transponder, period?   >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

If anyone can figure that one out, you could, based upon what you've shown us here.

If that's not the case and you are only talking about the 15 seconds after switch off then I still don't get the point of that.  I can be thick at times...well most times, and may not understand what you are talking about.

Forget what I wrote before.
 New message.

The 1400 Kawasaki GTR without the transponder can be set in motion ... tell me if you get the idea.

It can be stolen with the key in the off position.

You can throw out the transponder, no need to ... understand????????????

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2012, 12:27:28 PM »
Thank you for that enlightenment.  I, for one, don't want that information broadcast on this forum.  I wouldn't think any of our C14 members would appreciate it either.  If you have inside information on how the KIPASS system can be circumvented then keep it to yourself and/or possibly contact Kawasaki Italy and let them in on the secret.

I do appreciate what you you've shown us so far but this is something we don't want in the open.