Author Topic: CA Vapor Canister removal?  (Read 1756 times)

Offline galaxieman

CA Vapor Canister removal?
« on: January 12, 2012, 11:33:33 AM »
Anybody done this?  I bought my new '09 in '10 in southeast AZ, and when I got the RH fairing off doing my Autocom install last year, I found out it's got the damn CA vapor canister etc all wadded up in there.  Serious waste of space for a bike that doesn't have to pass CA spec anyway, and as I'm working on other stuff I'd like to see about pulling at least the damn canister out of there, if not all the hoses as well.  Can't find anything pertinent for the C14 in forum searches, so I'm just wondering if this was something someone did and documented on the old board that they'd be willing to summarize for me.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparat bellum.

Offline Mister Tee

Re: CA Vapor Canister removal?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 11:44:41 AM »
People pull them out all the time on sportbikes.  Just extend the vent hose that feeds it slightly past the bottom of your fairing.  Or don't.

I probably wouldn't pull mine out unless it gets plugged up, but I damn sure wouldn't replace it after it quits working.

Offline katata1100

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 06:45:20 PM »
This is one of the reasons why I flew out to CO to get a 49 state bike. CA bikes
have evap, slightly less fuel capacity because of the different tank and a different  computer.
States that neighbor CA also get CA bikes. As my local dealer said, "Oh, this bikes got so much power, you won't notice the extra emission stuff!" Yeah, well I flew to CO, got a 49 state bike and still saved $.

Offline SpazOnaConcours

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 09:18:27 AM »
It's pretty easy to remove. :) You must make certain to plug the line from the throttle bodies, though. It's not a bad idea to cap the lines on the tank too.

....you said southeast AZ? Whereabouts? I'm down here in Sierra Vista/Tucson area: I'd be more than willing to show/help you get rid of it... only takes a few minutes.  ;D