Author Topic: XM Radio  (Read 3605 times)

Offline jemmons

XM Radio
« on: December 27, 2011, 08:48:54 PM »
I would like to listen to XM radio through my earbuds while riding my 2010 Concours;  Can you suggest what receiver to order, I would like to plug it into the auxillary socket. How do you mount the receiver and is there a antenna required? Where do you hook up the antenna

Offline roadie

• RIP:2009 ABS....Welcome 2015 Black
Re: XM Radio
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 05:07:57 AM »
Just a thought, would xm radio app on your smart phone work?  No additional hardware if you already have smart phone and comms to your helmet.
Will

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 06:09:37 AM »
Just a thought, would xm radio app on your smart phone work?  No additional hardware if you already have smart phone and comms to your helmet.

The only problem with that is you having to be in cellphone tower signal vicinity... no BFE Nowhere listening.

I used to run the GXM30 antenna into my Zumo 550, then use EdSets connection from the Zumo into my helmet... I use speakers, but he also has a setup for using earbuds... or you can just run the earbuds straight into the mini-plug/jack-out.

I gave up paying over $140 a year, went with Slacker radio... you can cache stations in your phone, even create your own stations with songs/bands you like... cached stations can be played even without any cellphone signal, so you have music out in the middle of BFE Nowhere... runs you ~$8 a month, and you aren't limited to one device.

added this as I just thought of it...

Also checkout free IHeartRadio app.  If you just want something for local use, needs cell service, it has loads of radio stations, different genre's... you can find any flavor of music for your ears pleasure.  I've been hooked on 2 stations on it lately... KISS out of San Fran, old school funk... and CBGB Radio, underground rock/new wave.
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 09:05:38 AM »
smart phones rule.

I like the pandora radio while riding
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 09:44:34 AM »
I have a Sirius radio. The Stratus 6 model. I just velcro it to the right side trim plate on the fairing. I use the antenna that came with it, and wind the long wire up and tuck in into the foam under the trim piece. Works great. I just plug it into My Sena when I want to listen to it.
2008 C14, Area-P carbon fiber, PCV, Rostra Cruise, LAAM leather seat, Optilux 1500 & MondoMoto MM10 lights, Cee Bailey windshield, BMC air filter, Warm & Safe dual dash mounted heat troller.

Offline jim snyder

• Arena
  • I'm married but my girlfriends name is Connie
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 01:59:22 PM »
I would like to listen to XM radio through my earbuds while riding my 2010 Concours;  Can you suggest what receiver to order, I would like to plug it into the auxillary socket. How do you mount the receiver and is there a antenna required? Where do you hook up the antenna

I am in the process of trying to mount my Sirius radio to my Connie also. I purchased another car mounting kit at Best Buy, that way I can swap it back and forth between car and bike in a snap.
I am looking at the J&M Integrator IV system to hook the radio to the helmet speakers. I have to
buy another headset also as I let both of mine go with the Goldwing when I sold it. I am going to mount the antenna on top of my top box. Hope to have tunes and talk radio by March.
"Somedays you're the windshield, and somedays you're the bug"
"An armed citizen is a patriot, and unarmed citizen is a victim"

http://community.webshots.com/user/kawadude

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, 03:23:35 PM »
smart phones rule.

I like the pandora radio while riding

+1...love it with my Sena SMH10

Offline lolife

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2011, 04:23:45 PM »
I use Slacker Radio for my smart phone.  For $4.99 a month you can cache stations on your memory card.  That way you don't have to worry about cell signal & its easier on the battery b/c its playing the files from your memory card & not having to download anything.

You can also ban songs & artists from your stations so it doesn't play crappy music you hate.   ::)