Author Topic: interesting center stand mod  (Read 9716 times)

Offline lt1

• 2008 C14
Re: interesting center stand mod
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2011, 11:33:44 AM »
I have never seen a bikes rear tire touching the ground, when on the centerstand unless, you weighted or pushed down the rear of the bike. Then again, What do I know?
Are we reading the same thread?  The comment (park in gear) was based on the ride-off stand, which is the subject of the thread, not the stock centerstand.
Eyes, Brain, Hands.  Repeat.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2011, 12:05:05 PM »
That would make sense to me now that you've pointed that out but it's not that hard to use the normal stand and I can ride off that with a push but I could see that shorter legged riders could benefit from the modified stand.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2011, 01:06:41 PM »
I have never seen a bikes rear tire touching the ground, when on the centerstand unless, you weighted or pushed down the rear of the bike. Then again, What do I know?

My bad!  :o  I was wrong! There! I'm man enough to admit it.  :-\ :-[ :-X

But it's like lt1 said "The comment (park in gear) was based on the ride-off stand, which is the subject of the thread, not the stock centerstand."
The Pope
2011 C-14 Atomic Silver...... aka ImprovedSilverDammIt.

"The Universe is a contest between engineers making things idiot-proof and God making bigger idiots. So far, God is winning by a wide margin." Unknown author, well I don't know who said it.

Offline JetJock

• 2010 Concours in wicked fast BLUE
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2011, 01:46:53 PM »
Unless you weigh 90 lbs dripping wet and have the physique of a soggy pretzel, there is nothing wrong or difficult about the C14's centerstand.

It's easier to put up than my ST1100.

Thing is, most people never read the owners manual where it says quite specifically to have one hand on the luggage rack brace when lifting it onto the CS. Do it properly and it's easy.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2011, 04:54:14 PM »
I never use my center stand unless I'm working on the bike...

+1
There is almost no case otherwise where I would consider it stable, safe, or convenient for "normal parking".
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline marku8a

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2011, 09:29:35 PM »
Unless you weigh 90 lbs dripping wet and have the physique of a soggy pretzel, there is nothing wrong or difficult about the C14's centerstand.

It's easier to put up than my ST1100.

Thing is, most people never read the owners manual where it says quite specifically to have one hand on the luggage rack brace when lifting it onto the CS. Do it properly and it's easy.

I also shift to neutral which seems to make it easier.

Mark
2009 C14 Red
Fly_ectomy, K&N Filter, Oxford Heated Grips, PC V, Full Area P Exhaust
How far can a person run into a forest?

Offline wally_games

• Arena
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2011, 10:25:09 AM »
Put your foot on the center stand, push down until both of its "feet" touch the ground, stand on (put your body weight on) the lever and it will come right up. Well, it will if you weigh at least 165 lbs. Anything under that and you man need to apply some lifting muscles.
'14 BMW 1200 GSw (red, what little there is that's not grey)
'11 Concours ABS (black) w/ Leo Vince carbon, heated Corbin, Garmin; TechSpec pads (gone but not forgotten)
'05 Yamaha FZ6, only crashed once, gone in trade; '87 Honda Gold Wing Aspencade, sold; '85 Honda Magna (700), sold; '76 Kawasaki KZ400, sold

Offline Tim

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2011, 04:29:15 PM »
I'm still flipping dizzy from the second vid.  :doublepuke:

Never had a problem getting the 14 on the center stand.   
I don't always ride a street bike. But when I do, it's a Concours. Ride safely my friend.

Offline Graffixnfun

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2011, 09:11:34 AM »
Wow, so your saying the Connie has a center stand?  I guess I need to take a look at my bike........
2009 concours
2006 ninja 650R
2003 victory vegas

Offline ljcorby

• COG#: 9359
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2011, 10:06:16 AM »
Yeah, I didn't try it for a while after getting the bike.  Thought it looked too dificult until I actually watched the guy on youtube, I believe, who was doing it with bare feet.  Tried it and it goes right up.   ;D
10 Kawi Concours 14 ABS