Author Topic: C14 holds up well  (Read 8122 times)

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
Re: C14 holds up well
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2011, 08:32:19 PM »
Will insurance pay for new gear as well?  I have always wondered that.

My insurance (dairyland) is paying for my wife and I's gear.
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline TLOC

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2011, 07:22:42 AM »
This was on US129 north of the lake the last turn before the TN Monroe county line.

The gravel was no ones fault.
Rocks and debris are just a part of riding.
Sometimes you go through it, sometimes you go down.

+1 Would NEVER try to find fault in a third party, no way to plan for gravel or put blame on it. But it's the American way and it's one of the reasons this country's in the shape we're in.(That's a whole other topic and debate) Thanks for sharing...T

Offline Shadowofshoe

• Arena
  • Mastiff pup/human pup
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2011, 08:38:53 AM »
I would not have been traveling so fast on the LT.
The lean angle is not there.
The C-14 has a way of making the right wrist twist back.

Yeah two very good points there especially the later.....LOL

Mike
Sooooo....we are about to be a Nation that makes you prove you have insurance-but it's not necessary to prove that you are indeed a Citizen of that Nation?

Offline ZedHed

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2011, 06:36:18 PM »
That's why I don't rail blind corners. Glad everyone is ok.

Hell, 80% of the corners where we ride are blind -- that would be no fun, not haulin' A.....  Sometimes you just have to take your chances, hence ATGATT.
"Life is a hard teacher - you get the test before the lesson is taught..."

Offline Cold Streak

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2011, 09:39:37 PM »
This is what I got when I was pinned under the bike. If my ankle had not have be stuck between the bike and road, I would have had no injuries.
Even the best riding boots can not protect your ankle when the concours falls on it at speed... But it could have been worse if I were wearing shoes tactical boots.

I came out a little bit worse as I dislocated my lower foot in the same sort of scenario.  It hurts like hell when your foot is sticking out sideways but you still get up and try to pick up the bike.  Luckily some other guys came along and helped.  It took about 6 months before I could play rqball again.  Ankle is still a little stiff and discolored, over a year later.  I had on Aerostich Darien gear, Oxtar boots and would have walked away (ridden away) if not for my foot getting caught between the right side bag and the ground.  My right boot has lost all the black polish on the inside surface.  Yup, think about that for a sec.  Would have been lots worse if I had been wearing tennis shoes or flip flops as in squid mode.

Long story short, I set a personal record for miles this year.  NEVER EVER stop riding. 

Offline alexx45

• 2009 Black C14
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2011, 09:07:05 AM »
Sorry to hear about your wreck. Glad to hear you & your wife are ok. Thanks for reminding me why I take the extra time & effort to gear up. 
Life is good.... At least from my perspective.
2009 Concours 14
2005 Suzuki Bandit

Offline Bourne2Ride

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2011, 10:35:03 AM »
They didn't total it? I've seen insurers total bikes with less damage in parking lot crawls crashes (albiet on an older less expensive bike). It's nice to know they're going to fix it for you, and good to know you and your wife are relatively OK, and can ride again.
Save the Connie and Save the world!
- Heroes

Offline sf bay rider

• Humble student of the ZG1400
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2011, 10:31:44 AM »
I'm glad to see the Mrs. and you are recovering from your injuries. In 2006, I went down. Road rash to upper and lower body. Four broken ribs. I concur with you about the right riding gear, equipment on the bike and how to slide in a way that dissipates kinetic energy, to minimize bodily injury.  I use a two piece "Motoport" riding suit. All woven "Kevlar" and use "MC Enterprise" crash bars fore and aft on the Connie. A wise investment and cheaper than am Ambulance ride. Although not fool proof.
Jack

2014 Red ZG1400CEFL