Author Topic: Hello  (Read 4220 times)

Offline mayday

Hello
« on: November 10, 2011, 09:57:49 PM »
Just wanted to say Hello to all. I just bought an 08 with 4905 miles on her and all stock but the Corbin seats. Just ordered a Coocase trunk, has anyone bought this product? any pros and cons would be great. Thanks and have a great day, Lance

Offline roadie

• RIP:2009 ABS....Welcome 2015 Black
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 10:59:13 PM »
Welcome dude,  if all is stock, I'd imagine you will be replace those tires soon.  You'll find tons of farkles you want to do to our bike. No advice for you on the case, but you might look into getting a replacement back rack for more stability for case.  I have a cheap case from jc whitney, but only slap her on the back (with Phil's Rack) when i need some more cargo room for camping.  Works justt fine for that.  There is a wealth of information in this forum and hope you find some nuggets to help you along the way. 
Will

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 11:26:44 PM »
Welcome MD!  :chugbeer:

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 11:59:15 PM »
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Conrad

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 05:14:07 AM »
Welcome Lance. Nice choice on the color! I hope that you enjoy your bike as much as I enjoy mine. I also hope that you have a sense of humor, it seems that it's lacking in some folks around here. We like to have a bit of fun from time to time.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 05:18:05 AM »
Read the Wiki FAQs for interesting facts about the C14 to get some of the specific eccentricities of the C14.  Glad that you are here and hopefully you have a sense of humor.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline mkorn

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 10:42:11 AM »
Welcome.
  Lots of good knowledge here on these great bikes!
2009 C14 ABS
2002 750 Nighthawk (sold)
2006 DRz 400s

Offline gonzosc1

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2011, 01:47:46 PM »
welcome,,,, enjoy the forum

Offline mayday

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2011, 08:36:51 PM »
Welcome dude,  if all is stock, I'd imagine you will be replace those tires soon.  You'll find tons of farkles you want to do to our bike. No advice for you on the case, but you might look into getting a replacement back rack for more stability for case.  I have a cheap case from jc whitney, but only slap her on the back (with Phil's Rack) when i need some more cargo room for camping.  Works justt fine for that.  There is a wealth of information in this forum and hope you find some nuggets to help you along the way.
Yes the guy i bought it from just replaced both of them with pilot road 2. They any good?   

Offline mayday

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2011, 08:50:04 PM »
Welcome Lance. Nice choice on the color! I hope that you enjoy your bike as much as I enjoy mine. I also hope that you have a sense of humor, it seems that it's lacking in some folks around here. We like to have a bit of fun from time to time.
Thanks! humor, joker....yes i am. just ask the guys at my work lol! just screwed with a guy that got into my truck turned the heater to a/c wipers on and pushed the e brake on. so i called him to let him know my truck breaks heated up on me and locked the rear tires up on the free way at 70 mph and the truck is at the shop getting new breaks,rotters,bearings,seal, ext. for the sum of 1500.00 and the boss was not happy at all. i let him think this all day. So yea i can take a joke...... but do expect it back. :)         

Offline C1xRider

• Where did all the posts go?!??
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2011, 01:09:07 AM »
Just wanted to say Hello to all. I just bought an 08 with 4905 miles on her and all stock but the Corbin seats. Just ordered a Coocase trunk, has anyone bought this product? any pros and cons would be great. Thanks and have a great day, Lance

Welcome Lance.

I've been running the Astra 48L for a couple of years now, mounted on Phils Rack.  Replacing the stock plastic POS rack is a must!  I still love the key less entry more than anything else about it.  Goes great with KIPASS.

It does not have any feet in the hinge area, so be careful when using it like a suitcase or when it's not on the bike.  It will scratch easily if you let it fall over on it's top on abrasive concrete.  Otherwise, it's pretty much indestructible.

They've had some quality issues with the solder joints of the wire to connector pins, but an easy fix if you now how to use a soldering iron or gun.  Also, make sure you pop it off the rack connector before parking the bike for the winter (if you do that), or put a battery tender on the bike.  It draws a small amount of current, and will kill your battery if you leave it on there for a couple of months without starting the bike.

One other thing, the lock gets filled with crap from the back tire after riding in the wet, so flush it out with some silicon spray regularly.  With the FOB, you may not use the key lock very often, so you wont know it's bad until it's too late.  I put a mud flap on the back of my bike to reduce the tire spray that gets to the trunk, and it's helped a lot.
--------------------   BACK UP YOUR DISKS PEOPLE!! -------------------------------
2012 K1600 GTL 8), 2010 C14 ABS, 2002 HD FXSTDI, 2000 XT350, 1998 C10, 1983 V65 Magna, 1978 HD SX250

Offline mayday

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2011, 06:56:21 PM »
Welcome Lance.

I've been running the Astra 48L for a couple of years now, mounted on Phils Rack.  Replacing the stock plastic POS rack is a must!  I still love the key less entry more than anything else about it.  Goes great with KIPASS.

It does not have any feet in the hinge area, so be careful when using it like a suitcase or when it's not on the bike.  It will scratch easily if you let it fall over on it's top on abrasive concrete.  Otherwise, it's pretty much indestructible.

They've had some quality issues with the solder joints of the wire to connector pins, but an easy fix if you now how to use a soldering iron or gun.  Also, make sure you pop it off the rack connector before parking the bike for the winter (if you do that), or put a battery tender on the bike.  It draws a small amount of current, and will kill your battery if you leave it on there for a couple of months without starting the bike.

One other thing, the lock gets filled with crap from the back tire after riding in the wet, so flush it out with some silicon spray regularly.  With the FOB, you may not use the key lock very often, so you wont know it's bad until it's too late.  I put a mud flap on the back of my bike to reduce the tire spray that gets to the trunk, and it's helped a lot.
Thanks C1xRider for all the info. I see you are from PDX would you be a Duck fan?

Offline C1xRider

• Where did all the posts go?!??
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2011, 07:24:10 PM »
Thanks C1xRider for all the info. I see you are from PDX would you be a Duck fan?

Duck fan?  No, not me.  Not a Beaver fan either.

I've never been much of a fan or spectator of any sport, just a participant.
--------------------   BACK UP YOUR DISKS PEOPLE!! -------------------------------
2012 K1600 GTL 8), 2010 C14 ABS, 2002 HD FXSTDI, 2000 XT350, 1998 C10, 1983 V65 Magna, 1978 HD SX250

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2011, 08:49:29 PM »

Go Ducks!  :chugbeer:

Offline mayday

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2011, 09:24:18 PM »
Gooooo Ducks!!!! Lived in Portland for 7 years and Bend for about 9 years. Just moved to Colorado in Aug. Will always be a Duck fan :chugbeer: 

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2011, 10:02:38 PM »
Gooooo Ducks!!!! Lived in Portland for 7 years and Bend for about 9 years. Just moved to Colorado in Aug. Will always be a Duck fan :chugbeer:

You and I will get along just fine MD!  :chugbeer:

After todays win and the TCU win I think we still have a shot at the National championship, you just never know...  ;)

Offline mayday

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2011, 07:41:48 AM »

You and I will get along just fine MD!  :chugbeer:

After todays win and the TCU win I think we still have a shot at the National championship, you just never know...  ;)
Great game last night. :thumbs: