Author Topic: Concours 14 in Brasil - adventure bike  (Read 3970 times)

Offline Haroldo_PSF

Concours 14 in Brasil - adventure bike
« on: October 12, 2011, 11:48:12 AM »
Weird. Go here www.kawasakibrasil.com.br and click on "Produtos". You'll be surprised under the category where the C14 is listed. I was.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Concours 14 in Brasil - adventure bike
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 12:14:39 PM »
Hmmm, they don't have a Super Sport Tourer section.  I guess they guessed and stuck it there because it's always an adventure with this bike.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 12:40:12 PM »
I've grabbed about 100+ ADVenture Tag-O-Rama photos on my C14.....so I say it is a true ADVenture bike.... 8)

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 04:18:58 PM »
Maybe Brazilians are just tougher than the average human? Where the rest of us would ride a 300 lb. bike with low gearing and high- traction tires, Brazilians ride a C-14 with racing slicks....? Now I have a mental image of a thong wearing Brazilian, 500 miles (or is that 700 kilometers?) up the Amazon, riding along in the rain forest.

I will tell you from experience, a C-14 is absolutely horrible in the snow. So bad that it won't climb a shallow driveway coated in less than 2" of snow from a standing start- letting the clutch out simply spins the rear tire. Amazing.

Brian

Weird. Go here www.kawasakibrasil.com.br and click on "Produtos". You'll be surprised under the category where the C14 is listed. I was.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 06:07:09 PM »
Now I have a mental image of a thong wearing Brazilian, 500 miles (or is that 700 kilometers?) up the Amazon, riding along in the rain forest.

Brian

:yikes:

Offline koval68

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 06:08:27 PM »
Maybe Brazilians are just tougher than the average human? Where the rest of us would ride a 300 lb. bike with low gearing and high- traction tires, Brazilians ride a C-14 with racing slicks....? Now I have a mental image of a thong wearing Brazilian, 500 miles (or is that 700 kilometers?) up the Amazon, riding along in the rain forest.

I will tell you from experience, a C-14 is absolutely horrible in the snow. So bad that it won't climb a shallow driveway coated in less than 2" of snow from a standing start- letting the clutch out simply spins the rear tire. Amazing.

Brian

I bet this Nissan Pathfinder commercial was made for Brazilian market..... :rotflmao:
Sorry for the hijack...................,not! 8)
Nissan commercial
Tom"Killer"Kowalski   COG#9263  Newmarket,Ontario
"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need,  but not every man's greed."
- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2011, 04:18:07 AM »
You're right, that's totally  :offtopic: .  However, I've always wondered how independent suspension worked.  To say that this opened my eyes is an understatement to the engineering involved.

In case anyone has any bright ideas on following up with another video along this line.......don't.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Caffeinated

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2011, 05:28:46 AM »
That's the new "independent silicone suspension" Nissan's been working on!
Chris (COG# 8538), Bristow, Va
2012 Black Concours 1400
2011 Silver Concours 1400 (Totaled)
2002 Silver Concours (sold), 06 Vulcan 900LT (sold), 03 VStar 650 (sold)

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2011, 06:42:56 AM »
That babe has Mad Skilz!
Back on topic... sorta. In college I met a Brazilian who said back home he raced motocross. I asked what kind of bike he raced and he said a Triumph Bonneville.
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.