Author Topic: ZX14 4 into 1 exhaust fitment  (Read 3863 times)

Offline tyler1015

ZX14 4 into 1 exhaust fitment
« on: October 11, 2011, 08:33:45 AM »
I have used the search feature. I have found a couple things. I talked to Zteve about his setup and he said it was simple, but I know hes busy since I havent heard back from him. Just wondering how many people have done this. You can find the 4 into 1 exhaust for pretty good deals. I know the factory zx 14 dual pipes go on pretty easy, so in theory the 4 into 1 aftermarket should be pretty easy also. I was just wondering if anyone wanted to post anymore on this. Any tips are helpful.

Offline Rudy

Re: ZX14 4 into 1 exhaust fitment
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 08:56:39 AM »
I installed a Yoshimura R77 complete header on my 09 c14. The mid pipe as comes for the zx14 does not fit properly. It allows the muffler to sit too high to fit under the bag and too close to the bike to clear the suspension linkage. I was able to gently bend the pipe down and out taking my time so as not to kink the pipe. The stainless steel my pipe was made of was easy to bend a little at a time. The tab on the midpipe also needed to be bent at a different angle. Also the hanger bracket for the muffler needed to be lengthened about an inch. It was easy to just make a short extension to the existing muffler clamp. It was cheap on Ebay and makes my bike unique. If you buy a Power Commander from Fuelmoto they will load a map on it for you for free. Just tell them what you are doing. They were very helpful to me. I  hope this helps you.

Offline tyler1015

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 09:20:18 AM »
Rudy thanks for the response. Were you bending the pipe with everything attached to the bike?

Offline Arata

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 02:26:35 PM »
I found a killer deal on an all titanium used ZX14 single exhaust on E-bay last year.

The only problem was that it was a high mount pipe, so I knew it was gonna be a bit more involved, but I thought the Ti would make up for the extra effort.

I was right.  I had to cut out about a 8" piece of the Ti midpipe, and after lots of searching, I found a guy to custom make me a stainless section to fit.

He also added a tab to serve as a centerstand stop.

It turned out great, and was well worth the effort.  I have less in it than an Area P system, and probably the only mostly Ti piped C14 on the planet.

There is a thread with pics here somewhere.
2014 V Strom 1000
2008 C14
2004 ZRX1200R
1993 GSXR 1100

Offline tyler1015

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 07:37:39 AM »
Thanks arata. So did you mount everything and you can see what you needed then had him weld it? if u dont mind me asking what did it run you for the welding?

Offline Arata

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 09:37:23 AM »
Thanks arata. So did you mount everything and you can see what you needed then had him weld it? if u dont mind me asking what did it run you for the welding?

Yes, I was able to mount up the head pipes and collectors.  I then had the original mid pipe cut locally where I wanted.  (it was originally in an S shape)

I then mounted the cut midpipe, and fabbed a little tab to lower the muffler where I wanted.

I took lots of pics, and started shopping around, originally looking for someone who could mandrel bend a pipe, but that just didn't work out.

The guy I used did a fantastic job, but wasn't cheap.  He supplied the pipe, and welded it up for 300.00

I originally thought that was too much, but I was really happy with how it turned out, and it sounds awesome, so I quickly forgot the pain.

I did have to take him the bike, and leave it for a day.
2014 V Strom 1000
2008 C14
2004 ZRX1200R
1993 GSXR 1100