Author Topic: Warranty - What has been covered, what has been denied?  (Read 10243 times)

Offline ZG

• Arena
Re: Warranty - What has been covered, what has been denied?
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2011, 08:44:00 PM »
Which dealer are you working with Rob?

Oh, and by the way, thanks for the life line the other day bro, I owe you a cold one and so does Jim!  :chugbeer:

Offline C1xRider

• Where did all the posts go?!??
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2011, 11:54:46 PM »
Which dealer are you working with Rob?

Oh, and by the way, thanks for the life line the other day bro, I owe you a cold one and so does Jim!  :chugbeer:

Working with Beaverton Honda (seem like good guys). Tried once again to work with Portland Motorcycle company, what a waste of time they are (BMW dealer, that treats customers like they are BMW owners - i.e. bend over and wait your turn).

As for the lifeline, happy to help.  Glad to see Jim and Rick got you back on here without wiping out your profile.
--------------------   BACK UP YOUR DISKS PEOPLE!! -------------------------------
2012 K1600 GTL 8), 2010 C14 ABS, 2002 HD FXSTDI, 2000 XT350, 1998 C10, 1983 V65 Magna, 1978 HD SX250

Offline MJJ_ZX6RR

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2011, 04:49:29 AM »
Rear shock replaced due to siezed remote pre-load adjuster. Exhaust can replaced due to pain finish peeling off in various places.

Both replaced with no hassle at 15k miles, 2010 bike 11 months old. This is in the UK.

Martin.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2011, 04:30:51 PM »
Working with Beaverton Honda (seem like good guys). Tried once again to work with Portland Motorcycle company, what a waste of time they are (BMW dealer, that treats customers like they are BMW owners - i.e. bend over and wait your turn).

As for the lifeline, happy to help.  Glad to see Jim and Rick got you back on here without wiping out your profile.

I only live about 3 minutes from Beavo, but I go out to Motosport in Hillsboro for all my bike stuff, you might give Motosport a try some time...

Offline sycamoredave

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2011, 10:58:15 PM »
TPM and Rotors - Not covered.  18K miles.

Dave

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2011, 06:59:53 AM »
TPM and Rotors - Not covered.  18K miles.

Dave

Is your bike still covered by warranty? 
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

valkmc

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2011, 07:58:21 AM »
Final Drive seals and bearings replaced at 9K-severe leak covered

Right front black dash board replaced-would not stay snapped into place-covered after long back and forth- new one stays in fine.

TPS front out-waiting for the front tire to wear out

Offline Armyguns

« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2011, 02:30:05 PM »
2010 rear shock replaced under warranty due to leaking oil seal at 1556 miles.  11,100 on it now and all is good!
2010 C14 ABS

Offline redbarber

• Arena
  • '09 ABS (wife on '08 Can-AM Spyder follows)
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2011, 08:20:35 PM »
Time for yet another tally:
#1) TPM Sensor(s) - 8 claimed, 7 covered.
#2) Front Brake Rotor(s) - 6 claimed, 5 covered
#3) Final Drive Seal(s) - 4 claimed, 3 covered
#4) Sun damaged plastic (Covers or Instruments) - 4 claimed, all covered
#5) Rusty fuel tank welds - 2 claimed, all covered.
#6) Battery - 2 claimed, 1 covered

Tied with 1 apiece, all covered:
4th gear, gear position sensor, leaking radiator hose, thermostat.

and finally: engine vibration over 4000 RPM, denied.

I want to add a side note here.  My rear TPM sensor was covered, and replaced last Thursday.  Sunday morning, first ride, Low Battery warning on rear TPM.  Seems like there is a real Quality issue there, or at least they haven't purged the old/bad stock yet.

If you take yourself too seriously, nobody else will.  Humor is all around you, make it your quest to find all of it!

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2011, 08:35:28 PM »
ZERO issues.

>41,000 miles, 2010 in fast blue
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Excavator

« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2011, 09:13:51 PM »
Has anyone tried to get the crappy Bridgestones replaced? (Yeah, they would just laugh) My bike has a total of 4300 miles and my front tire is junk (I think I have a pair of Nikes with that mileage). I've always kept it at 42psi and the bike rides perfect. I will just buy some PR3s but curious if anyone has tried or complained to Kawi. I just got back from a 900 mile trip and my front stocker looks like a piece of bacon.

Kawasaki needs to stop ripping off their customers with these cheap a$$ tires.

I would have been glad to pay a few hundred more for the new bike with some better tires on.

Offline redbarber

• Arena
  • '09 ABS (wife on '08 Can-AM Spyder follows)
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2011, 09:15:28 PM »
ZERO issues.

>41,000 miles, 2010 in fast blue
Yes, we get it.  Zero issues.  No further notification is necessary.  Thanks.
If you take yourself too seriously, nobody else will.  Humor is all around you, make it your quest to find all of it!

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2011, 09:18:14 PM »
Has anyone tried to get the crappy Bridgestones replaced? (Yeah, they would just laugh) My bike has a total of 4300 miles and my front tire is junk (I think I have a pair of Nikes with that mileage). I've always kept it at 42psi and the bike rides perfect. I will just buy some PR3s but curious if anyone has tried or complained to Kawi. I just got back from a 900 mile trip and my front stocker looks like a piece of bacon.

Kawasaki needs to stop ripping off their customers with these cheap a$$ tires.

I would have been glad to pay a few hundred more for the new bike with some better tires on.

The great thing about tires is that they are disposable.  If I don't like a tire, I just wait 5-6,000 miles and slap on a new one.  I have a PR3 going on my bike this week since my rear is toast.

Offline rcannon409

« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2011, 03:54:13 PM »
Slight rusting around tank mounts.  Very slight, but its there. Dealer made Kawi aware on Monday. Kawi says its a cosmetic issue only and denied the claim.  No problem, really, but it is odd how they replaced some of them.....Actually, I hate replacement tanks as they are blems.....but thats not the point.

Anything I can do to make this a non issue while I own the bike?

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2011, 06:23:25 PM »
Slight rusting around tank mounts.  Very slight, but its there. Dealer made Kawi aware on Monday. Kawi says its a cosmetic issue only and denied the claim.  No problem, really, but it is odd how they replaced some of them.....Actually, I hate replacement tanks as they are blems.....but thats not the point.

A dab of electrical grease around those crevices is what I did with my new tank to keep water from resting in those little spots. 

Offline Frontier

« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2011, 08:00:53 AM »
For the data base.
'09 warped front brake rotors. Started vibrating at about 8000 miles. Took her in last week at roughly 12500 miles for the cure.
Being replaced with '11 rotors under warranty which are on order. I have to buy the new pads.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2011, 08:08:15 AM »
45K, the mad pow-ah of KiPass has my bike protected. No warranty issues to report
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline koval68

« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2011, 08:27:43 AM »

Any rust inhibiting product will do. I use T-40 with good results and T-32 on all pivots,cables,etc.
Tom"Killer"Kowalski   COG#9263  Newmarket,Ontario
"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need,  but not every man's greed."
- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline c14rider

« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2011, 08:30:29 AM »
Plastic lens over instument cluster cracked.  Not covered.  I don't think my dealer went to bat for me.  This should have been covered :(

Offline TLOC

« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2011, 05:17:42 AM »
Don't post much but did in the old forum so thought I should contribute to this thread. Bought my 08 new in Feb.08 from Mid-Carolina Powersports in Graham, NC. They replaced the front TPS under warranty. The dealership went belly up about a year later. Started dealing with Forsyth Motorsports in Winston-Salem, when I started bringing my bike there service management changed and it just happened to be the service manager/ partial owner of MCP. They changed the front and rear TPS. Replaced final drive seal the first time under warranty, both final drive seals and bearing OUT of warranty the second time, and a complete final drive OUT of warranty the third time! (Just got the bike home last night) Pleased with the customer service Jay has given me but this bike has been in the shop more times then every bike I've owned put togther. Now to top it off the rear shock pre-load reservoir is leaking, thing is it has been for a year or more but I wiped it cleaned under neath and it was out of sight out of mind so too late for warranty. Dam it man!!! Apparently from what Jay and my local motorcycle mechanic/racer bro say the rear shock is non service-able? Anyone have a POS rear shock they want to sell cheap...T :(