Author Topic: Carb question for Steve  (Read 2162 times)

Offline sroby

• 06 Blue C-10
Carb question for Steve
« on: September 03, 2011, 08:12:08 AM »
Hey boss, I remember reading on one of you responses to a guy who was having problems with his cars you got him through his problems as usual, but I remember you telling him, if he Isolates the vacum on each carb when he goes to sync the carbs he will get a smother Idle.  I was dwon rerouting the cables for the heils when I noticed those 2 small black vacum lines I believe looped from carb 1 to 2 and carb 3 to 4 they are the little small vac tubes.  now I have a smooth as heck idle when I syncd mine, But was curious when I got them back from you those were still intack.  I caped off the 1.2 4 carb with a black vac cap at the front of the carbs, Should I also remove those little small ones on the rear part of the carb and cap them off also.  Thx in advance Steve
no.1 Dale Singleton fan along with King Kenny Roberts/Fast Freddie Spencer/ Steve and Shoodabeen.    aka (connkawi)

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Shoodaben Engineering
Re: Carb question for Steve
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 01:10:12 PM »
Steve, I'm not sure what you mean, are you talking about the small black drain tube system I build that goes to the carb bowl nipples on the bottom of the carbs? if so, that's the overflow tube system, and the drain line just vents to the ground. no vaccuum develops there. HTH, Steve

Offline sroby

• 06 Blue C-10
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 03:37:52 PM »
No no I have all of the drain lines intack. they are on the bottom at the float bowls.  i am talking about on top of the carbs as they are sitting in the the mount boots.  at the front of the intake boots i have my black plastic caps on,  this is where I hook up my carb sync tool. now go back from there in the top side of the carbs not the bottom i stll have a super small diameter black vacum hoses  going across the top of carb 1 and looping into carb.2 then over on carb3 to 4 I believe.  I tried to get a pic so maybe it would help.  If so are these the ones I should also cap off so as no carb would share vacum with one another?  thx Steve
no.1 Dale Singleton fan along with King Kenny Roberts/Fast Freddie Spencer/ Steve and Shoodabeen.    aka (connkawi)

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 06:15:07 PM »
those are the air cut hoses. leave them alone. HTH, Steve

Offline sroby

• 06 Blue C-10
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 06:29:35 AM »
10.4 just checking  them i am 10.8 strait thx boss.  regards steve