Author Topic: Tire Pressure Batteries.  (Read 6560 times)

Offline Steve Bell

Tire Pressure Batteries.
« on: August 20, 2011, 05:35:06 PM »
I know this was talked about on the old forum but I just thought I would tell my story.
While I was changing another set of tires I pulled out the sensors, took them apart and dropped them off at a battery specialty shop. They have the equipment to mount all sorts of tabs and such to various types of batteries and they guy took one look and said no problem at all come back later and I will have them done. $20.00 for the complete job, batteries included, and I was on my way. I reinstalled the sensors, spooned on the rubber and went for a ride and the TPS works perfect. Check around your cities and i'm sure you will find the same type of store that can swap out your batteries.

Steve.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Tire Pressure Batteries.
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 05:40:22 PM »
Was this a chain type store or just something local? 
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Steve Bell

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 05:47:06 PM »
Was this a chain type store or just something local?

Local, the place is called battery Boys from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada.
I am sure most larger cities would have something.

Offline So Cal Joe

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 08:11:13 AM »
The batteries in the sensor has a 5 year guarantee,  the dealer will replace them for free. I know some guys don't like the dealer to touch their bikes but changing a tire is no big deal.

If you are born once you will die twice
If you are born twice you will die once

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 09:23:24 AM »
Great idea! Thanks for sharing that info. as that is by far the easiest way I have heard of to get new batteries into TPS sensors. And very reasonable in cost too.

Brian

I know this was talked about on the old forum but I just thought I would tell my story.
While I was changing another set of tires I pulled out the sensors, took them apart and dropped them off at a battery specialty shop. They have the equipment to mount all sorts of tabs and such to various types of batteries and they guy took one look and said no problem at all come back later and I will have them done. $20.00 for the complete job, batteries included, and I was on my way. I reinstalled the sensors, spooned on the rubber and went for a ride and the TPS works perfect. Check around your cities and i'm sure you will find the same type of store that can swap out your batteries.

Steve.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Steve Bell

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 09:32:21 AM »
The batteries in the sensor has a 5 year guarantee,  the dealer will replace them for free. I know some guys don't like the dealer to touch their bikes but changing a tire is no big deal.

I have no warranty on my bike! Never had any from day one.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 09:35:03 AM »
I have no warranty on my bike! Never had any from day one.

What.....that doesnt make sense, this is a factory warranty.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline Kirby

• I ride up front and look through the hole.
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2011, 09:37:35 AM »
Steve is in Canada (eh?) and they may have a different warranty period than we do. If he bought the bike used the warranty might have already expired so he never did have a warranty in force.

Kirby  (I can ask through my rodent network if you want)

Member: Dead Rodent's Riders
President: KiPass Lover's Society

Offline Steve Bell

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2011, 10:20:20 AM »

Yes I live in Canada and we have the same 3 year warranty but I bought the bike brand new from the USA. Canadian Kawasaki, along with many other brands, got mad when Canadians started buying from the USA for lower costs and revoked any warranty my bike once had.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2011, 11:42:57 AM »
Sounds like you have no luck with anything related to tires and brakes.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2011, 11:48:08 AM »
I remember an incident like that- someone posted about buying a C-14 in the US, transporting it to Canada and registering it there. Kawasaki sent that person a letter stating that the warranty was no longer valid in either country if I remember correctly.

That whole situation was probably the result of Canadian Kawasaki dealers being cranky about local folks 'walking around' them to buy bikes from another country.

Note: this is not a political or economic post, just commenting on the state of things regarding cross- country sales and importation of motorcycles.

Brian

Yes I live in Canada and we have the same 3 year warranty but I bought the bike brand new from the USA. Canadian Kawasaki, along with many other brands, got mad when Canadians started buying from the USA for lower costs and revoked any warranty my bike once had.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Steve Bell

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2011, 03:34:39 PM »
I remember an incident like that- someone posted about buying a C-14 in the US, transporting it to Canada and registering it there. Kawasaki sent that person a letter stating that the warranty was no longer valid in either country if I remember correctly.

That whole situation was probably the result of Canadian Kawasaki dealers being cranky about local folks 'walking around' them to buy bikes from another country.

Note: this is not a political or economic post, just commenting on the state of things regarding cross- country sales and importation of motorcycles.

Brian
I posted about the whole ordeal a few times on the old forum, and yes they sent me a very polite letter basically telling me to go F**k myself if I wanted warranty anywhere! My name on the old board was Recoil.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2011, 04:51:10 PM »
If I may be so bold, what was the difference in the pricing?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Steve Bell

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2011, 07:07:33 PM »
If I may be so bold, what was the difference in the pricing?

What did I save driving 8 hours to the USA instead of getting bent over here in Canada????
$6600.00

Offline shreveportSS

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2011, 07:42:34 PM »
What did I save driving 8 hours to the USA instead of getting bent over here in Canada????
$6600.00
You have to pay for that free healthcare you guys get.
2011 Concours 14
2011 ZX1000GBF Ninja. Died Dec. 1st, 2012
2012 ZX1000HBF Ninja.

Offline Toaster

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2011, 10:46:19 PM »
I am another Cancunk that bought my red 09 in the US. no problem importing it to Canada, but NO warranty. although the US dealer(who is great to deal with has done warranty work on the bike). I saved $7435.40 (if you include the tax dollars I saved) over the best deal I could get from a Canadian dealer. The Canadian dealer offered me 2% off for cash ( what a joke). I winter in the Southern US and have had great service from friendly dealers south of the boarder. :)

ang

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2011, 06:51:12 AM »
Steve, what battery boys location was that, for future reference. By the way, I am part of the import to Canada and no warranty group!

Offline Shoe

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2011, 07:46:07 AM »
Has anyone tried Battery World? or Batteries Plus?
Eat corn. Drill for oil.

2008 Concours, 2010 Goldwing

Offline Shoe

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2011, 07:49:56 AM »
I am another Cancunk that bought my red 09 in the US. no problem importing it to Canada, but NO warranty. .....................

So what happens if I live in the US, bought my bike in the US and I am on a trip in Canada in need of warranty repair? Will the bike be covered?
Eat corn. Drill for oil.

2008 Concours, 2010 Goldwing

Offline Steve Bell

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2011, 08:12:33 AM »
So what happens if I live in the US, bought my bike in the US and I am on a trip in Canada in need of warranty repair? Will the bike be covered?

Yes, because it has not been imported.