Author Topic: License Plate Light  (Read 4516 times)

Offline Burbs

• 2009 ABS
License Plate Light
« on: August 15, 2011, 06:55:43 PM »
So my license plate light burned out and I went to look for a new bulb. The issue I'm running into is that I can only find a 12v light but only 4.3W or 8W, but the OEM light bulb is 12v 5W. I went to Advanced Auto Parts, Autozone & Carquest with no luck. Do they not make this anymore? Will the 4.3W be enough? I haven't tried my dealer yet, but that's next.

Thanks,

Chris
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 08:48:41 AM by Burbs »

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: Tail Light
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 07:28:00 PM »
The tail light in a C-14 is LED and should not burn out.... ever. Do you by chance mean the license plate light? If so, I have good news and bad news. The bad news is that it is an R5W, a Japanese standard bulb about impossible to find anywhere. The good news is that it crosses with a standard US type 5007, which is available in any auto supply house.  :D  It might be packaged as a 5007 LL, which is the right bulb only a Long Life type and fine to use.

Brian

So my tail light burned out and I went to look for a new bulb. The issue I'm running into is that I can only find a 12v light but only 4.3W or 8W, but the OEM light bulb is 12v 5W. I went to Advanced Auto Parts, Autozone & Carquest with no luck. Do they not make this anymore? Will the 4.3W be enough? I haven't tried my dealer yet, but that's next.

Thanks,

Chris
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Burbs

• 2009 ABS
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 08:48:14 AM »
Ugh! I meant the license plate light. ::)  I stopped by Razees this morning with no luck. Would the package have that 5007 LL on the package?

The tail light in a C-14 is LED and should not burn out.... ever. Do you by chance mean the license plate light? If so, I have good news and bad news. The bad news is that it is an R5W, a Japanese standard bulb about impossible to find anywhere. The good news is that it crosses with a standard US type 5007, which is available in any auto supply house.  :D  It might be packaged as a 5007 LL, which is the right bulb only a Long Life type and fine to use.

Brian

Offline DenverC-14

Re: License Plate Light
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 08:58:08 AM »

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 09:45:08 AM »
Razee is more likely to carry 'real' R5W lamps, and that is what it would say on the package.

The 5007's are available at any auto supply store such as Auto Zone, Pep Boys, Parts Plus, etc.  That is how the package will be marked, 5007 or 5007LL

Brian

Ugh! I meant the license plate light. ::)  I stopped by Razees this morning with no luck. Would the package have that 5007 LL on the package?
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Burbs

• 2009 ABS
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 02:51:01 PM »
Thanks for the help guys.

Offline DenverC-14

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 03:17:10 PM »
No prob. When mine burnt out, I simply took to the bulb section and matched it up best I could. Haven't had any issues since.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 06:34:19 PM »
Not me- I looked all over the world, figuratively speaking, for a replacement R5W only to find they are made of unobtanium. 5007's are easy to get though and a direct replacement for an R5W.

Brian

No prob. When mine burnt out, I simply took to the bulb section and matched it up best I could. Haven't had any issues since.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2011, 07:23:07 PM »
Not me- I looked all over the world, figuratively speaking, for a replacement R5W only to find they are made of unobtanium. 5007's are easy to get though and a direct replacement for an R5W.

Brian

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine