Author Topic: Windscreen adjustment bracket  (Read 1704 times)

Offline robbill

Windscreen adjustment bracket
« on: August 04, 2011, 05:47:56 AM »
Back on new site a few months later...

Anyone have any experience of these http://www.madstad.com/s.nl/sc.10/.f

They don't list the zg14 as a potential fitment, but I imagine all that is necessary is to match the separation of the upper and lower windscreen mount points, and the correct size thread tap. I'll email them once I've taken some measurements.

I'm trying to kill the buffeting with my CB Euro cut and I think flattening the angle of attack of the windscreen may be a good trick. The alternative is to fabricate something using some flat steel bar with channels milled in it plus appropriate fasteners.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Windscreen adjustment bracket
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 06:13:21 AM »
Seems like they're more for fixed shields rather than for the moveable ones.  If they don't have a fitment for the C-14 I would be leery of trying it myself, but that's me.  We also wouldn't know what kind of stress this gizmo will put on the windshield mounting areas.  We're seeing a very few bikes having issues with the central sliding mounting point of the shield breaking (don't know why).  There is always unintended consequences for any kind of farkle not designed (and designed) for the bike unfortunately.  All in all, though, it wouldn't hurt to ask them a direct question about the fitment on a moveable shield.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline So Cal Joe

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 07:17:33 PM »
Wouldn't a larger than stock shield at a raised position will do the same thing. My Cee bailey ultra tour domed works great.

If you are born once you will die twice
If you are born twice you will die once

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 06:06:18 PM »
 :) Got it. Thanks.