Author Topic: Dealer or Kawasaki screwup?  (Read 3028 times)

Offline Wickedsprint

Re: Dealer or Kawasaki screwup?
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2018, 05:05:35 PM »
They were extremely apologetic but they are adamant that the bike must have been damaged at the mothership save for the improperly installed winddhield and battery lead deformation.

The lead tech / service manager is staying late tonight and tearing the panels, mirrors and windshield off and replacing every item that he finds damaged or missing.

Additionally, They are reimbursing me for the new battery and cable that I ordered myself and the service manager will be doing the first service for free with extra emphasis on the typical C14 niggles (steering bearings/header bolts).

This particular mechanic seems well versed on the C14; its a shame he didnt do the uncrating.

I am satisfied with this outcome and would still do business with them in the future.

Thank you guys for staying tuned in and the 20 mile ride to the dealer solidified why I chose the C14, fast and comfortable...loce this bike.

Offline Rubber_Snake

• Arena
  • 2009 GTR1400 ABS, Black
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2018, 05:57:20 PM »
Excellent news!  Sounds like they’re doing right by you. 

Now, what farkles are you gonna add...
2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 48k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Oxford heated grips, V-Stream windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash, Brian’s low fuel eliminator farkle, ST2 smart brake module and smart turn system, Two Brothers Black Series M5 w/P1X decibel killer.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2018, 06:05:34 PM »
I am glad to hear the dealer is jumping on it and taking care of you!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Wickedsprint

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2018, 06:22:12 PM »
Have not given a lot of thought to farkles. Id like to get comms in my helmet and likely switch headlights to LEDs initially.   

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2018, 06:36:51 PM »
Have not given a lot of thought to farkles. Id like to get comms in my helmet and likely switch headlights to LEDs initially.

Start looking through our tons of threads- so many options :)  One of the great advantages to a platform like the C14- a long lifetime means lots of products and possibilities.

And once you get used to/familiar with the bike, you will very much need to reflash the ECU- best money you can spend, period!  (Although a good second place is wearing out the stock tires so you can get some decent ones).
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline O.C.

« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2018, 01:15:05 AM »
I think that if the bike has been damaged in some way prior to initial sale then it shouldn't technically be sold as 'new'

Unless you feel that the issues are serious then maybe consult and communicate with your supplying dealer to get the issues resolved to your satisfaction
CARPE DIEM

KAWASAKI VERSYS 650

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2018, 04:10:14 AM »
Or they could give you a free extended warranty..
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2018, 05:46:53 AM »
And once you get used to/familiar with the bike, you will very much need to reflash the ECU- best money you can spend, period!  (Although a good second place is wearing out the stock tires so you can get some decent ones).

Oh yeah, and like Jim reminded us, get the extended warranty:  http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=225.0