Author Topic: Upgraded C-14 Rear Brake Light Pics stock, and the upgrade compare...  (Read 6891 times)

Offline ninjawarrior1400

• "There is no second place winner in a gunfight."
Just installed my new upgraded Rear Brake Light featured on Ebay that several members are ordering...

Here is the stock light...and the new one lit up for comparison...

Ninja
Ninjawarrior

Offline ZG

• Arena
 :thumbs:     :thumbs:

Looks great Ninja!!

You should post these pics up on that other thread too for folks debating.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Just installed my new upgraded Rear Brake Light featured on Ebay that several members are ordering...

Why did you start another thread?  You already know about and have posted to the other one... http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=1731.0

I would suggest posting there and having a moderator delete this one...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Here is the stock light...and the new one lit up for comparison...

Why are your rear yellow turn signals on solid in the pictures?  You do know that is illegal and very unsafe.... you must never display solid yellow on the rear of a motor vehicle and never display ANY red on the front of a vehicle.   I assume other countries are the same as the USA in this regard.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
Why are your rear yellow turn signals on solid in the pictures?  You do know that is illegal and very unsafe.... you must never display solid yellow on the rear of a motor vehicle and never display ANY red on the front of a vehicle.   I assume other countries are the same as the USA in this regard.

Maybe he just turned on the flashers and timed the shutter so we could judge the relative brightness to a known source?

Offline ninjawarrior1400

I have the Kisan SignalMinder unit..runs the signal lights as running lights, brake lights when first applied so drivers in front of you can see you are slowing down...and of course signal lights too.....and they are self-cancelling....naturally.

Ninja
Ninjawarrior

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
I have the Kisan SignalMinder unit..runs the signal lights as running lights, brake lights when first applied so drivers in front of you can see you are slowing down...and of course signal lights too.....and they are self-cancelling....naturally.

You really should swap the bulbs with red, then...

Offline Rawman

Yellow rear running lights are illegal in every state I do believe.  Yellow is for the front, red for rear.  It lets everyone know which way you are travelling, if you see yellow they know you are coming toward them.
2009 Non-ABS
VStream, PR2s, AreaP Full Exhaust, Carbon Can, PC-V, BMC Air Filter, 151 Dyno'd RWhp.
'04 Honda VTX-1300C, '01 Kawasaki ZRX-1200R, '87 Yamaha VMax, '79 Kawasaki K-1000 LTD, '77 Kawasaki KZ-1000,'80 Suzuki GS-550L

Offline ninjawarrior1400

In Florida that is not an issue!

This is the way it came from Kawasaki...maybe you should notify them of the illegality.....

So far, no problems with the local or state police...
Ninjawarrior

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"

This is the way it came from Kawasaki...maybe you should notify them of the illegality.....

Except they are not running lights from the factory...........best of luck with that. ;) Running lights tend to be in the front, not in the back on a motorcycle. Doubt you will have any issues, I wouldnt give it a seconds thought.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline Rawman

Re: Upgraded C-14 Rear Brake Light Pics stock, and the upgrade compare...
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2011, 07:48:00 PM »
In South Carolina I got stopped for aftermarket clear running lights on the back of my VTX.  They were not running lights from the factory, I converted them from yellow signals, to signal/running lights using standard auto signal/running light bulbs. They were nice trick clear lenses from Kuryakyn (spelling?) it made the light reflect out in a refractive pattern.
Luckily he didn't ticket me, just warned me to get red lenses.
2009 Non-ABS
VStream, PR2s, AreaP Full Exhaust, Carbon Can, PC-V, BMC Air Filter, 151 Dyno'd RWhp.
'04 Honda VTX-1300C, '01 Kawasaki ZRX-1200R, '87 Yamaha VMax, '79 Kawasaki K-1000 LTD, '77 Kawasaki KZ-1000,'80 Suzuki GS-550L

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2011, 07:51:51 PM »

Sorry, but what you did is illegal in Florida also. 

No, Kawasaki did not ship any bike with full-time-on, 22watt yellow, rear-facing bulbs.  You did that!

?  That doesn't mean it isn't illegal.  You can drive without a license and not have any problem with the local or state police until you are discovered or noticed.  You could go forever and not be ticketed, or you could be ticketed tomorrow.  Or you could freak someone out, thinking there was a vehicle coming the wrong way, and cause an accident (highly unlikely, but still).

In any case, there is a reason for those laws- they standardize what vehicles look like on the road... it is about safety.  Imagine what would happen if people could just display any lights of any color anywhere they like on their vehicles..... it would be a mess!

Again, a quick switch to red bulbs and your potential problems are gone.

Offline Rawman

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2011, 07:55:16 PM »
More and more states are making the blue'ish HID headlights illegal.  Check your states laws on what color motor vehicle lights are allowed.
2009 Non-ABS

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2011, 08:55:20 PM »
More and more states are making the blue'ish HID headlights illegal. 

I think you mean they are making the fake HID, blue-tinted replacement bulbs illegal.  The reason is that many of these fake things are far too blue and vary in color.  True HID lights are not being made illegal, and the light temperature (cool white) is nearly the same for all of them.

Offline ninjawarrior1400

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2011, 08:00:15 AM »
I took my 2008 out of the Kawasaki shipping box myself at my dealership...no one has ever ridden it but me.....

Just went out and turned on my lights...they are yellow bulbs in clear lenses just like my 2010...all yellow bulbs in the turn signal indicators....

Wonder why now three years in a row....Kawasaki would do something like that???!!
Ninjawarrior

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2011, 08:44:05 AM »
My rear turn signal bulbs are yellow and flash yellow.  The issue is when they are turned into running lights and stay yellow all the time.  Many vehicles have rear yellow turn signals as well as red.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline ninjawarrior1400

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2011, 08:54:46 AM »
Thank you Jim.

The Kisan SignalMinder module allows the rear yellow lights to burn at a lower intensity.....when you hit the brakes, they go to a full intensity. When you use the turn signals they burn at full intensity...

So, this unit allows them to be an additional safety illumination on your bike.

I like the fact that when you slow up for a light...the people in front of you can see those yellow bulbs coming on and see you are slowing or stopping.

The same in the rear, but you have the stock brake light to compliment those two turn signal indicators in a different color....so the more the merrier...hopefully some cager will see the contrasting flashing lights and not run into you...

Ninjawarrior

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2011, 09:25:11 AM »
The Kisan SignalMinder module allows the rear yellow lights to burn at a lower intensity.....when you hit the brakes, they go to a full intensity. When you use the turn signals they burn at full intensity...
So, this unit allows them to be an additional safety illumination on your bike.

It doesn't matter what the intensity is.  It is illegal to display full-time yellow lights on the REAR of a motor vehicle.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2011, 09:27:39 AM »
It doesn't matter what the intensity is.  It is illegal to display full-time yellow lights on the REAR of a motor vehicle.

Yup........but not red. 8)
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline SimonSaysDie

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2011, 09:29:40 AM »
I'm not sure you're getting what people are saying.  They understand it's the signal minder that turns them into run/turn/brake lights and that's OK.  It's legal for you to use the rear signals as running lights also, what's NOT legal is for them to be yellow if you do.  If a light on the rear is to be illuminated all the time, it must be red to be legal (except for the license plate light).  No one is saying you shouldn't or can't use them as r/t/b lights or that they weren't yellow from the factory, only that they can't be yellow if you're going to use them as running lights.  Since rear turn signals can be either red or yellow, but running lights must be red, if you change the yellow bulbs in your rear turn signals to red then you are perfectly legal (as has been said).  If an LEO hasn't let you know that yet, you've just been lucky.  Just trying to keep you from having a conversation with the "man" about it.