Author Topic: Gauge backlighting  (Read 4157 times)

Offline Gixerhp

• The Lighting Guy,,,
Gauge backlighting
« on: March 05, 2017, 01:39:33 AM »
Was bored tonight, went to my garage, fired up the heaters and this is the outcome.
No Replacement for Displacement
Bikes are my passion and my hobbie,,
If you need help, and are close,, PM me

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Gauge backlighting
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 06:14:43 AM »
You have entirely too much time on your hands.  You should fly over to the former colonies, I have lots of legit chores for you to do instead of rice!  :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Gixerhp

• The Lighting Guy,,,
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 05:38:44 AM »
You have entirely too much time on your hands.  You should fly over to the former colonies, I have lots of legit chores for you to do instead of rice!  :)
Send me your gauges!

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 05:44:28 AM »
Send me your gauges!

I suppose I deserved that.
Um, no thanks, I will stick with white!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Gixerhp

• The Lighting Guy,,,
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2017, 06:08:33 AM »
LOL

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2017, 07:06:02 AM »
I like the red on mine :)
--
space reserved for humourous sig file

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2017, 03:16:23 PM »
Me too but reading around this place makes me think we might be the only two that do like the red. ??  I guess it was a big enough issue that Kawasaki changed them to white.

I have that thought rattling around in the back of my head too- if I get a newer C-14, I am going to have to un- do a number of Kawasaki's "fixes" such as the gauge color and the linked brakes. Not wild about working on the tupperware on the Gen. 2's either but no choice there and at least it does address the heat problem. I guess I am just not finding the 'pro' in the progress of the C-14, at least not everywhere.

Brian

I like the red on mine :)
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2017, 03:18:25 PM »
+3, I like the red.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2017, 03:21:02 PM »
Me too but reading around this place makes me think we might be the only two that do like the red. ??  I guess it was a big enough issue that Kawasaki changed them to white.

Oh, I would absolutely HATE anything other than white backlighting.  If I had a gen 1, I absolutely would have torn it apart to replace it with white.  Really, the difference in tri-color LEDs vs single color LEDs is nothing.  Why not use THOSE and allow the owner to set any color their damn well choose??  I don't understand why engineers don't think of such simple solutions.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2017, 03:51:34 PM »
$$ my friend, $$.  And it isn't the engineers.  Typically its the marketing folks that determine what features go into something.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2017, 05:15:52 PM »
$$ my friend, $$.  And it isn't the engineers.  Typically its the marketing folks that determine what features go into something.

What, 8 LEDS?  At $0.05 each for single color or $0.15 each for tri-color.  Add $0.10 for the extra traces.  So we could have any color we like with user control for, say, $0.80 added to the price of a $15,000.00 vehicle???

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2017, 08:44:34 AM »
Yep...serious thinking has to go into that decision.

Offline Gixerhp

• The Lighting Guy,,,
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2017, 05:46:36 AM »
Just to clarify here, there is 13 leds total.

They come in different spec such as brightness and viewing angle.

I have worked with Blues, Whites, Oranges, and a few Reds, the red has been the most of a pain in the ass.

But i now have 2 new versions witch one should be the ticket, As well  Green and Yellow just showed up.

Her is my Busa cluster Before and After

Before

Offline Gixerhp

• The Lighting Guy,,,
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2017, 05:48:18 AM »
And After,
Blue main background, Red for rev limiter, and White for the Clock and odometer