Author Topic: Great, another new farkle!  (Read 5251 times)

Son of Pappy

Great, another new farkle!
« on: June 30, 2011, 12:16:40 PM »
http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/Products/IgnitionModule/powercommander_v_ignition_module.aspx
I have an email into Jamie at Fuel moto to see what his impression is and if it's compatable.  I'll post up as I learn more.  I'm thinking this combined with the full system, auto tune, and ZX TBs should prove to be the best NA powered system for the motor.  If Jamie says it'll show a positive boost, I'm in, I'll probably set the rev limit to 11500 to mirror the ZX.  I may even finally pony up the change for a dyno run!

Update before I even post!  Just spoke with Jamie-they havent used the Module yet, the only true advantage he could see-off the top of his head-would be the rev extend ability combined with the ZX TBs.  I will probably go ahead and do it, just because!

Offline Gearhead82

Re: Great, another new farkle!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 12:27:04 PM »
I didn't see it listed for the C-14.  Am I missing something?
'09 C14, Area P Full System, BMC, Flies out, PCV

Son of Pappy

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 12:39:24 PM »
Its not, but then again, neither is the PCV ;D

Offline Gearhead82

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 01:17:51 PM »
Oh, actually it does show the IM, but only for the '08 model.  So the IM must only be compatible with the PCIII and not the PCV.  You should be able to use the PCIII on any year C-14 though.  This is how it was with my FZ1.  They never came out with an IM that was compatible with the PCV (unless they have in the last 6 months).
'09 C14, Area P Full System, BMC, Flies out, PCV

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 01:23:24 PM »
That looks slick, but I would be lost trying to set it up....................properly.
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 03:53:05 PM »
Nope-PCV on my '08, aint sure why they only list the PCIII.  That is why I think the IM will work just fine.
Jeremy, I would say if you manage Power Point on the platform ya should be fine ;)  Just think, in three years, I will already have the controls I need for the turbo ;D  And launch control?  That would be slick, may need to hit the strip to see how many ZXs I can slay, heck, I'd even leave the bags and trunk on.  Next thing may be a quick shift kit, combined with TBs, 11500 rev limit, and launch control I'm thinking I could only get one run in-aint got full leathers that would be required for them kinda speeds 8)

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2011, 07:03:08 AM »
Actually, I don't even use PowerPoint anymore.  The MP school has realized that privates learn best with hands on training and that is how I teach all the weapons.  Of course this isn't possible for paperwork style classes, but I am fortunate to be teaching weapons since I actually enjoy it.

I can't wait to see a video of your bike once you get everything dialed in.  With a lightweight rider maybe a sub 10 second 1/4 mile would be possible.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2011, 10:44:48 AM »
Actually, I don't even use PowerPoint anymore.  The MP school has realized that privates learn best with hands on training and that is how I teach all the weapons.  Of course this isn't possible for paperwork style classes, but I am fortunate to be teaching weapons since I actually enjoy it.

I can't wait to see a video of your bike once you get everything dialed in.  With a lightweight rider maybe a sub 10 second 1/4 mile would be possible.
I am waiting on the Contour HD-GPS, so I will have something!  Hey, you saying I'm fat?  I'm down to 212, from 240+, goal is 190s, best form of HP I know of, and it's not only free, it's cheaper then free, all in the best tradition of frugality.
I hear ya on the PP, other then day one which is all Arms Room Admin I never turn on the projector, they call it death by PP for a reason :'(

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2011, 12:44:12 PM »
Not saying you are fat, but I didn't figure you were built like a jockey either.    ;)  I know that since I weigh 250 that I would have to get a little guy on my bike to get the best e.t. out of it.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2011, 01:27:19 PM »
I am waiting on the Contour HD-GPS, so I will have something!  Hey, you saying I'm fat?  I'm down to 212, from 240+, goal is 190s, best form of HP I know of, and it's not only free, it's cheaper then free, all in the best tradition of frugality.
I hear ya on the PP, other then day one which is all Arms Room Admin I never turn on the projector, they call it death by PP for a reason :'(

I weigh 212 holding the stock potato launcher, only 160 if I set it down though...  :o

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2011, 03:13:00 PM »

Wow, You teach at the MP school? Awesome. Went to the MP school at McClellan in 87. Hell of a time for Me since My last name is McClellan. I think I did enough pushups to move the earth off it's axis a little. Great to see Ya on here.
2008 C14, Area-P carbon fiber, PCV, Rostra Cruise, LAAM leather seat, Optilux 1500 & MondoMoto MM10 lights, Cee Bailey windshield, BMC air filter, Warm & Safe dual dash mounted heat troller.

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2011, 05:57:25 PM »
Wow, You teach at the MP school? Awesome. Went to the MP school at McClellan in 87. Hell of a time for Me since My last name is McClellan. I think I did enough pushups to move the earth off it's axis a little. Great to see Ya on here.

Yup, I have been instructing since SEP 09, so I should be getting orders somewhere new fairly soon.  The MP school has been here at FLW since 1999.

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2011, 06:09:28 PM »
Yup, I have been instructing since SEP 09, so I should be getting orders somewhere new fairly soon.  The MP school has been here at FLW since 1999.
Yup. I was at McClellan, Alabama a few years ago. It is a big gated community now. The PX & barracks are still there, but empty.
2008 C14, Area-P carbon fiber, PCV, Rostra Cruise, LAAM leather seat, Optilux 1500 & MondoMoto MM10 lights, Cee Bailey windshield, BMC air filter, Warm & Safe dual dash mounted heat troller.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2011, 10:37:12 AM »
Is branch giving you hints at your next assignment?  I'd say show some nutz and go recruiting, but ya aint an enemy ;)  If ya make it out west, look me up, I'm on global chet.mainwaring at conus.army.mil.

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2011, 10:41:53 AM »
Is branch giving you hints at your next assignment?  I'd say show some nutz and go recruiting, but ya aint an enemy ;)  If ya make it out west, look me up, I'm on global chet.mainwaring at conus.army.mil.

Nothing yet, I just checked my ASK today and it is empty.  I would love to go to Ft Carson or Ft Lewis. 

Offline Conrad

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2011, 10:44:41 AM »
Nothing yet, I just checked my ASK today and it is empty.  I would love to go to Ft Carson or Ft Lewis.

I was at Ft Carson back in 76 - 79. Great place to live, I've kicked myself many times since then for not staying in that area.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Son of Pappy

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2011, 11:13:20 AM »
My son in law is at Carson, he's currently in the 'Stan so I get to spend this summer with my grand baby :)  Not biased, but I'd rather be at Lewis, Carson is nice, but the winters are a little too extreme, cut back on riding with no real benefits.  We have everything they do, and then some, all within a few hours ride/drive.  Just avoid Seattle ;)

Offline C1xRider

• Where did all the posts go?!??
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2011, 07:28:41 PM »
Just avoid Seattle ;)

... and Tacoma ...  ;)
--------------------   BACK UP YOUR DISKS PEOPLE!! -------------------------------
2012 K1600 GTL 8), 2010 C14 ABS, 2002 HD FXSTDI, 2000 XT350, 1998 C10, 1983 V65 Magna, 1978 HD SX250

Son of Pappy

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2011, 10:16:56 PM »
... and Tacoma ...  ;)
between 1600-1730 fer sure, less of course ya wanna practice slow speed park and rolls >:(  Rolling parking lot for sure.  I keep hopping gas goes to $10 a gallon, keep some of the buffoons off the road, it gets nice on the days prior to pay day/welfare check day, roads are filled with at least some sane people!  Heck Jeremy, ya already got a tour guide who speaks your language ;)  Your wife would hate me, 'cause as soon as ya took a spin on my tweaked bike, you'd rush off and get yours all powered up, all in the name of safety, of course ;)  I dont know what my weekend is holding yet, depends on how my back procedure goes on Friday, but a coupla 7.5 codeines should fix me right up :o  If all goes well I will have the ZXTBs installed ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2011, 08:49:12 AM »
Just post a before and after dyno sheet to show the gains or a 1/4 mile slip, and I will start getting the parts together if the gains are worth the effort and cash.