Author Topic: SOLD***SOLD -- Scala G9X Powerset -- SOLD***SOLD  (Read 3699 times)

Offline h19hsp33d

SOLD***SOLD -- Scala G9X Powerset -- SOLD***SOLD
« on: April 14, 2016, 01:13:00 AM »
SOLD-SOLD-SOLD-SOLD-SOLD-SOLD
For Sale - $350 shipped CONUS
Cardo Systems Scala Rider G9x Powerset
  - brand new from RevZilla:  $479.95
Used one unit last season. Wife never used the second unit. No visible wear on either.

Selling because buddy I ride with most ditched his Scala setup for a Sena 10c ... so I went out and bought a 10c. Keeps us compatible.

Only part/piece not included will be the square inch of adhesive backed velcro I used to install this thing in my Shoei.
... I'm thinking most of you probably have a piece laying around that'll do just fine. If I'm wrong, new pieces direct from manufacturer are .99 cents:  https://nastore.cardosystems.com/vel...tion-p149.aspx
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 08:09:18 PM by h19hsp33d »

Offline BruceR

• Arena
Re: Scala G9x Powerset
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 10:30:28 AM »
Can you use earbuds with these units?

Offline h19hsp33d

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 10:46:30 AM »
yes... In fact, I think the G9x is the only unit that has the 3.5mm jack necessary for using earbuds.

Offline zarticus

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 04:33:07 PM »
yes... In fact, I think the G9x is the only unit that has the 3.5mm jack necessary for using earbuds.
Yes, The Scala G9 & G9X have a 3.5mm jack that the headset plugs into. You can also use any earbuds or headphones you want. Most other units headsets are hardwired directly into the unit.
2012 Kawasaki Concours 14 -  Candy Arabian Red
2014 Kawasaki Vaquero - Candy Burnt Orange
1986 Honda V65 Magna - Black
1984 Honda V65 Magna - Black

Offline freebird6

• In a big country...
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016, 07:14:28 PM »
Can you use earbuds with these units?

Yep. Any old buds will work. Depends on how much wind noise ya got. How quiet your windsheild makes things and the comfort level of each. Currently using an Audio Technica  set but was using skull candy last week and a few others over time.
2008 Concours
2007 Mean Streak
99 r1100rt

Offline C14lvr

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2016, 09:35:14 PM »
Yes, The Scala G9 & G9X have a 3.5mm jack that the headset plugs into. You can also use any earbuds or headphones you want. Most other units headsets are hardwired directly into the unit.

G9's don't have the jack.
G9X's were the first Scala's to have the 3.5.
You can buy a G9X cradle kit for about $60, and that gives you the jack and will work with G9's.
Essentially, turns a G9 into a G9X.

That's what I've done for mine.
2011 C14 ABS black w/red/yellow, B.D.F lofuel W.E.,SSD h/g's,
2" setback risers, Phil's wedges/rear rack,K Gel-seat, Rostra CC, AST tourpegs, techspec, 2"droppegs, 4"droppass pegs, Fuzeblock,  7"Garmin, fenda ext, LED tag plate, Ip5S Ram mt, TMeister, Mirror LED t/s, Bestem TBox, CB HDUT w/s, TRex front/CC bag, Wolo Badboy, Tailbrights, Scala G9X, Scorpion EXO1200 Jag, PR4GT's55's, 55W Qz Dr

Offline K0rnfl4k35

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2016, 05:59:33 AM »
the G9x was the first to have the 3.5 jack but now the packtalk and the smartpack include them. I just sold my set of G9x to upgrade to the packtalks

Offline Gscott

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2016, 06:15:32 AM »
Q3's have the 3.5mm jack as well

Offline zarticus

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2016, 08:14:48 AM »
G9's don't have the jack.
G9X's were the first Scala's to have the 3.5.
You can buy a G9X cradle kit for about $60, and that gives you the jack and will work with G9's.
Essentially, turns a G9 into a G9X.

That's what I've done for mine.
Yes you are correct, I totally forgot I upgraded to G9X cradles when my G9 cradle speakers quit working on one side. Funny because I have a pair of G9's but only use one. The headset speaker died so I said no problem I have the other cradle to switch out.  I switched it out & not even a week later I lost a speaker on that cradle too !!. I was going to get a different brand of headsets "sena" but found out the new G9X cradles had a 3.5 jack, Upgraded speakers & retrofitted the G9. I bought the G9X cradles & have never had a problem since, Been almost 3 years. I guess Scala quietly figured out they had a problem otherwise why would they of changed to upgraded speakers & having a jack instead of permanently attached speakers ?

Offline C14lvr

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2016, 06:37:33 AM »
Yes you are correct, I totally forgot I upgraded to G9X cradles when my G9 cradle speakers quit working on one side. Funny because I have a pair of G9's but only use one. The headset speaker died so I said no problem I have the other cradle to switch out.  I switched it out & not even a week later I lost a speaker on that cradle too !!. I was going to get a different brand of headsets "sena" but found out the new G9X cradles had a 3.5 jack, Upgraded speakers & retrofitted the G9. I bought the G9X cradles & have never had a problem since, Been almost 3 years. I guess Scala quietly figured out they had a problem otherwise why would they of changed to upgraded speakers & having a jack instead of permanently attached speakers ?

I agree!
I've heard many say they've had audio problems with their G9's audio failing.
I've owned my G9 Powerset for 3 years now, and haven't had this problem.
But 2 years ago I upgraded to the G9X cradles, and use earbuds.

I have had a lot of software-related issues (bugs) with mine, but since I recently upgraded to their latest software version, it seems to have corrected those issues. Plus, the new female voice is MUCH nicer...
 :D
2011 C14 ABS black w/red/yellow, B.D.F lofuel W.E.,SSD h/g's,
2" setback risers, Phil's wedges/rear rack,K Gel-seat, Rostra CC, AST tourpegs, techspec, 2"droppegs, 4"droppass pegs, Fuzeblock,  7"Garmin, fenda ext, LED tag plate, Ip5S Ram mt, TMeister, Mirror LED t/s, Bestem TBox, CB HDUT w/s, TRex front/CC bag, Wolo Badboy, Tailbrights, Scala G9X, Scorpion EXO1200 Jag, PR4GT's55's, 55W Qz Dr

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2016, 10:14:30 AM »
Does this unit work in a Flip faced helmet?
If yes, I may be interested.

I currently have the Scala Teamset Pro (Intercom only).

Ride safe, Ted

Offline BruceR

• Arena
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2016, 11:28:14 AM »
Ted,
The G9X has both corded and boom microphones included in the kit.  Boom mic for modular helmets.  You should be good.

Offline zarticus

• Arena
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2016, 03:31:33 PM »
I agree!
I've heard many say they've had audio problems with their G9's audio failing.
I've owned my G9 Powerset for 3 years now, and haven't had this problem.
But 2 years ago I upgraded to the G9X cradles, and use earbuds.

I have had a lot of software-related issues (bugs) with mine, but since I recently upgraded to their latest software version, it seems to have corrected those issues. Plus, the new female voice is MUCH nicer...
 :D
I have never updated mine since I have had no software problems, Are there any other improvements with the update ?.