Author Topic: Jake Wilson $40 rebate on Pirellis  (Read 18621 times)

Offline PlaynInPeoria

Jake Wilson $40 rebate on Pirellis
« on: March 14, 2016, 12:54:07 PM »
If you scroll through the front screen, they have rebates on others too, but I like Pirelli Angel GT A specs.  Note: It's a prepaid debit card that takes 8 weeks.  I have gotten Pirelli rebates before, I forget the format but they came through. 

I normally buy PR2's because I'm a tightass and I have gotten just as good of miles out of them, but I like the Angel GT's.
2012 "root beer" C14 - unlinked brakes, reflash, LED headlights, Walmart orange city lights, LOUD horn, Laam seat, radar detector for ahem, reasons.
2013 Aprilia Tuono, 2009 CRF-150F

Offline robertv

• 2008 C14 Silver
Re: Jake Wilson $40 rebate on Pirellis
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 05:21:37 PM »
Thanks for the heads up! I need a new front tire and have used Pirelli Angel GTs past year, glad the timing works out!

*edit- just read the details and you need to buy a pair or more. I guess I should get the set so I'm ready for the summer!

Offline Pilgrim

• '12 Black
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 03:55:02 PM »

I'll be needing to replace the tires soon, so I got a set.  Shipping was free & fast.   
Ordered Saturday and they were waiting for me when I got home Tuesday.

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 06:15:25 PM »
I hope this is for the 14 because I just copied your tire sizes off the pics and ordered.

I'll be needing to replace the tires soon, so I got a set.  Shipping was free & fast.   
Ordered Saturday and they were waiting for me when I got home Tuesday.

2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 10:23:24 PM »
I hope this is for the 14 because I just copied your tire sizes off the pics and ordered.

Front, yes. Rear, no ... technically, that is. OEM rear size is a 190/50, whereas Pilgrim opted for a slightly taller 190/55. I say 'technically' because many dudes (oh, and chics!) make that same non-standard rear tire size selection, for the purpose of causing the speedo to read more accurately and/or to improve handling, namely turn-in - The taller tire causes the rear to be higher, and the forks more vertical, and therefore the bike leans into turns quicker / easier.

The 190 figure is the tire's width in mm (7.48"). The 50 and 55 figures are the height of the tire as a percent of its width. So the height of a 50 series tire is 50% of the tire's width (3.74"), and a 55 series tires is a little taller than that (4.11"). And a 55 series tire is actually going to be 10% taller in total (0.75" taller), since the 50% and 55% figures are for a cross-section slice of the tire, not the entire tire. (say 'entire tire' 55 times real fast) However, the rear of the bike itself will only be 0.37" taller, and the fact that your seat is not directly over the rear axle means the seat height increase will be even a little less ... about 0.27"

« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 09:36:45 AM by Conniesaki »

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2016, 01:15:51 AM »
And a 55 series tire is actually going to be 10% taller in total (0.75" taller), since the 50% and 55% figures are for a cross-section slice of the tire, not the entire tire. (say 'entire tire' 55 times real fast)

entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire

Whew.

All I know is that 190/55 would be too tall for my really short legs.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2016, 06:19:18 AM »
Front, yes. Rear, no ... technically, that is. OEM rear size is a 190/50, whereas Pilgrim opted for a slightly taller 190/55. I say 'technically' because many dudes (oh, and chics!) make that same non-standard rear tire size selection, for the purpose of causing the speedo to read more accurately and/or to improve handling, namely turn-in - The taller tire causes the rear to be higher, and the forks more vertical, and therefore the bike leans into turns quicker / easier.

The 190 figure is the tire's width in mm (7.48"). The 50 and 55 figures are the height of the tire as a percent of its width. So the height of a 50 series tire is 50% of the tire's width (3.74"), and a 55 series tires is a little taller than that (4.11"). And a 55 series tire is actually going to be 10% taller in total (0.75" taller), since the 50% and 55% figures are for a cross-section slice of the tire, not the entire tire. (say 'entire tire' 55 times real fast)

Excellent graphic.  Thanks!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2016, 09:39:31 AM »
entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire

:chugbeer: :thumbs: ... whoops, that's "only" 50 times  :)

Excellent graphic.  Thanks!

Thanks, although I can't take credit for it. Saw it on another site.

Also ... I edited my post to add a sentence regarding increased seat height ... about 1/4" ... OK, 0.27" ... but who's counting.

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2016, 11:25:14 AM »
I new the rear was not stock size but ya'll say it is the best and I am not on my tippy toes yet!  They are on the way but I need to figure the rebate thing out.
Wayne
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline PlaynInPeoria

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2016, 02:22:57 PM »
I should have 2 rebates on the way.  Based on the response I got in the email, it might be June before I get them.
2012 "root beer" C14 - unlinked brakes, reflash, LED headlights, Walmart orange city lights, LOUD horn, Laam seat, radar detector for ahem, reasons.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2016, 04:05:33 PM »
:chugbeer: :thumbs: ... whoops, that's "only" 50 times  :)

Damnit!!! I intentionally made it 50 because I thought you wrote 50.  Ug.  Here are 5 more:

entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire

Also ... I edited my post to add a sentence regarding increased seat height ... about 1/4" ... OK, 0.27" ... but who's counting.

I am.  Every fraction of seat height matters for some people, unfortunately...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2016, 04:39:49 PM »
Damnit!!! I intentionally made it 50 because I thought you wrote 50.  Ug.  Here are 5 more:

entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire, entire tire

There we go  :thumbs:

I am.  Every fraction of seat height matters for some people, unfortunately...

I guess you could say I have the opposite problem. Some of my friends say I'm freakishly tall.

I'm 6'-0". They're in the 5'-6" to 5'-8" range.

;)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2016, 06:12:42 PM »
There we go  :thumbs:

I aim to please!

I guess you could say I have the opposite problem. Some of my friends say I'm freakishly tall.

I'm 6'-0". They're in the 5'-6" to 5'-8" range.

Perhaps, but on a bike, it is leg length that matters most, not standing height.  If we sat next to each other, it wouldn't surprise me if we were nearly the same "height" (I am 5'7", but only 26.5" or so inseam).   http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=260.0

When/if I ever get new boots (damn these are good quality and have lasted a long time), I will try to see if I can get a modification to at least raise the heel maybe 1/2".  I can't do much more with the toe or it will be too difficult to use the shifter.

sailor_chic

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2016, 05:38:06 AM »
My last set of tires, I installed the 55 series.  I thought that this was going to correct my speedo error. Much to my disappointment, it us still 2 mph off from my GPS.
So in my opinion, the 55 series isn't worth changing to.  I've just ordered another set of tires for my upcoming trip and the rear is a 50. I'll take he lower seat height and the 3 mph speedo error. 

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2016, 09:47:59 AM »
That's always been my thoughts about it..
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Pilgrim

• '12 Black
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2016, 02:53:03 PM »

VISA card for rebate came in the mail today.  Card activated, $40 balance.   

Also, I recently got an email from Jake Wilson indicating I have a $38 credit. 

~2,000 miles on the tires now with no complaints.

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2016, 08:58:50 PM »
Me too! The 38 credit was a surprise. I only have about a 1000 on the tires but really like them so far.
Wayne

VISA card for rebate came in the mail today.  Card activated, $40 balance.   

Also, I recently got an email from Jake Wilson indicating I have a $38 credit. 

~2,000 miles on the tires now with no complaints.
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline PlaynInPeoria

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2016, 09:55:59 AM »
I ordered 2 sets, almost done with the 2nd.  I used the rebates (2) to buy some vented pants. 

Those tires are like velcro.  I put my last set on brand new right before I did a 4900 mile trip out west, they are about 90% gone.  We rode them hard and we rode them heavily loaded and in a lot of heat.  I am perfectly satisfied with them.  I ordered and received 2 more sets, no rebate but I like them that much.