Author Topic: Upgrading the Can  (Read 8314 times)

Offline brant bandit

Re: Upgrading the Can
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2015, 10:33:19 AM »
I've been thinking about a Delkevic slip-on. Nice looking, great price.

I like that my bike is quiet, but the stock pipe is a bit oogly. Even with my stock pipe, contents in my right saddle bag get hot...... I imagine that an after market pipe would just make that worse. True?
2014 Concours 1400 in black (the fastest colour)
COG# 11854

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2015, 10:38:31 AM »
I've been thinking about a Delkevic slip-on. Nice looking, great price.

I like that my bike is quiet, but the stock pipe is a bit oogly. Even with my stock pipe, contents in my right saddle bag get hot...... I imagine that an after market pipe would just make that worse. True?

From what I've been reading (and according to a user) a Carbon Fiber slip-on does not get hot...even to the touch just after a ride.
Mike
Ojai, CA
2016 Black Triumph Trophy SE

elp_jc

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2015, 11:13:41 AM »
I imagine that an after market pipe would just make that worse. True?
As Mike said, with a C/F can, no. And if you get a TwoBrothers with the P1X (quietest) insert, it's louder but not even the pickiest neighbor would look at you funny because of it. That's what I did. Just wanted that abomination out of sight... and saved about 12 lbs in the process 8). And now you can hear the engine and exhaust at the same volume, which is what I like the best. Hope this helps.

Offline KevinRLi

• I avoid normal people.
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2015, 01:13:26 PM »
From what I've been reading (and according to a user) a Carbon Fiber slip-on does not get hot...even to the touch just after a ride.

Correct. The CF parts I can hold onto right after a ride. The metal bolts and what not do get hot. Inside the bag remains cool.

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2015, 03:25:26 PM »
So, received my Delkevic CF slip-on and love it! The process was really easy and pretty painless. The CF can DOES NOT get hot...gets warm but you can touch it just after a ride. Also, the entire assembly cools down long before the stock setup did. I cover my bike when at work because it sits in the sun and I had to wait longer before covering it with the stock can because the heat would have melted my cover. I don't wait long at all now before throwing the cover on with the new can so it definitely cools down faster!
Mike
Ojai, CA
2016 Black Triumph Trophy SE