Author Topic: 50 years, viet nam  (Read 1357 times)

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
50 years, viet nam
« on: June 20, 2015, 05:09:25 PM »
just saw evening news. I have forgotten, by some reasons, how long it has been since that "war" was actually a war.

50 years.

I was 10, my brother with a Big Red 1 on his shoulder had only come home from the Cuban missle crisis, sitting on a boat for months, very shortly before that date.
He made no bones about telling me NEVER to be a part of war. Funny, and as young teen, I protested, and then realized the protesters that were spitting on those that HAD to go, were simply douchebags.. changed my thoughts.. and when I turned 18, the year the draft became a "lottery", but as a result they were taking 19 yr old's only, my number came up 6...
the following year, i was somewhere near 300, so it did'nt matter.

thank all my predecessors, I would have done what was asked, without running to Canada.. like some did.

full respect, and Semper Fi

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Sgt Mac

Re: 50 years, viet nam
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 02:34:40 AM »
Thank you to all those who served.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: 50 years, viet nam
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 07:22:46 AM »
A war that we should never have got involved in and we haven't learned anything from it.  A war where the public treated our soldiers like  :censored: on their return.  My dad served there.  And to all that did and your fathers that served, a very big thank you!  A big Thanks to my Marine friend in the next county over from me.  I think I'll buy him lunch this coming week.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.