Author Topic: 2014 Kawasaki Trunk  (Read 1551 times)

Offline aWanderer

2014 Kawasaki Trunk
« on: June 09, 2015, 12:42:32 PM »
I ordered a trunk for my C14 a few weeks back and still no ETA. Starting to think i should shop around for a similar quality or as closely matched to the bags as possible. Any suggestions?  Looked at Corbin but a little to rich for a trunk for me.

Thanks
2014 Concours 14 (700km)

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
Re: 2014 Kawasaki Trunk
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 03:50:30 PM »
I have a Givi Monokey. Very well made unit.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline C14lvr

Re: 2014 Kawasaki Trunk
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 07:14:23 PM »
How much do you want to spend?
Is name brand important to you?
I was on a budget, when I bought mine. $75!
Bestem TBox. It's actually a Givi knockoff. I've seen the Givi beside mine, and it's almost identical!

For a while, I used the mounting plate that comes with it (included in the price, btw... not additional cost like a Givi), but tired of how the plate looked on the rack w/o the trunk.

So, after discussing it with Phillip in Texas, and after purchasing one of his beautiful racks, I took some measurements of mine, drew it out and sent it to him. We concluded that the pin/latch locations were slightly differently located than the Givi, and that the latch is actually backwards facing from the Givi's. He sells an SWMotul kit for his racks. I simply turned the latch post around, relocated it rearward just a bit, added some extra felt pads to the bottom of the trunk for spacers, and presto!
It's worked perfectly for 2 years now! No problems, and looks great when not using the trunk.

Bestem makes a liner for the TBox, too. I also got a bit creative, and cut in some extra LED strip lights in the red band portion. It already comes with an LED built in, so I wired mine so that I can have the 2 I added as running lights, and the factory's as a brake. Looks great, works great, increases rear visibility.

Bang for the buck, I love this trunk. It works.
I will say this, though... If you want a huge one, large enough for 2 fulfaced helmets, this one's slightly too small. One helmet, and lots of other stuff fit fine, though. I think it's considered a 42 litre size, IIRC.

Just a suggestion for another option... for those like me on a budget.
2011 C14 ABS black w/red/yellow, B.D.F lofuel W.E.,SSD h/g's,
2" setback risers, Phil's wedges/rear rack,K Gel-seat, Rostra CC, AST tourpegs, techspec, 2"droppegs, 4"droppass pegs, Fuzeblock,  7"Garmin, fenda ext, LED tag plate, Ip5S Ram mt, TMeister, Mirror LED t/s, Bestem TBox, CB HDUT w/s, TRex front/CC bag, Wolo Badboy, Tailbrights, Scala G9X, Scorpion EXO1200 Jag, PR4GT's55's, 55W Qz Dr