Author Topic: Farkle Cherry Popped  (Read 2883 times)

Offline MrFurious

Farkle Cherry Popped
« on: June 20, 2011, 04:20:42 PM »
It only took 4 days of ownership for my CFS (Chronic Farkle Syndrome) to kick in as I installed my first C14 farkles today.

First on the list was installing a fender extender.  Rather than glue it on as Murph recommends, I opted to bolt mine on as I just feel more confident in that form of attachment.  Ran into a problem with the stock hardware that was provided with the extension, but that was resolved with a quick trip to the hardware store for $3 in nuts and washers of the proper size to fit the supplied bolts.  Took all of about an hour, most of which was the trip to the hardware store and laying out the 4 holes to drill so they were in line and evenly spaced.

I also got rid of the hand killing stock grips and replaced them with the ProGrips that Murph sells.  Didn't have a long skinny bolt or screwdriver to pry the old grips off so I just cut them, but other than that it went without issue.  I did have to run a tap into the bar ends and a die over the bar end weight bolts to clean off all the red Loc-Tite they used at the factory, then used a little blue Loc-Tite on reassembly.  Much better than the stock grips but still a lot smaller in diameter than I'm used to. I'll give them a week or two to see if I still need to order some Grip Puppies or not.

Got the email notification that my Helibar risers shipped out today so I should have them in time to get them installed before the weekend.  My Muzzy lowering links should be in by the end of the week as well.  I also bought a spare side stand off Flea-bay last night so I'll have a spare if I decide to go back to the stock height in the future.

Jim B.
COG #9642
2009 C14 - Black - Non-ABS
Insanity is not as easy as I make it look!

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
Re: Farkle Cherry Popped
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 04:35:03 PM »
Hide your credit card!

;D

Offline Pynikal

• From power cruiser to power tourer.
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 06:42:55 AM »
nice man im going on 2 1/2 months no farkles...........spent it all on getting the bike....

Offline SVonhof

• 2009 C14
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 08:09:32 AM »
nice man im going on 2 1/2 months no farkles...........spent it all on getting the bike....
It's only a matter of time. We all know you are itching to get stuff...
Scott
ZX-6D --> CBR600F3 --> TL1000R --> Concours 14
Mods: Two Bro's Titanium Slip-on, Shad SH46 trunk, PCA luggage rack, AeroFlow windscreen, Corbin saddles, Helibar risers, LED brake flashers, "divintymotor" (Ebay) LED tail light, ProjektD sidestand Bigfoot and Helmet locks, Vario Passenger pegs, Oxford Heaterz grips

Offline MrFurious

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 08:38:23 AM »

I would have been in that boat had I not traded in my old Road Star or if I had gone with a new 2011.  Doing the trade-in and going with the left-over model left me with lots of extra cash for farkles.   ;D  Now the trick is not going overboard like I did with the Road Star.  ::)

It went from looking like this in Oct - 2008

To this in May 2010
Jim B.
COG #9642

Offline C1xRider

• Where did all the posts go?!??
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 02:22:23 PM »
Hmm, a C14 with flames would be more appropriate than a Road Star with flames...  Just thinking out loud here (hint, hint).  :)
--------------------   BACK UP YOUR DISKS PEOPLE!! -------------------------------
2012 K1600 GTL 8), 2010 C14 ABS, 2002 HD FXSTDI, 2000 XT350, 1998 C10, 1983 V65 Magna, 1978 HD SX250

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 02:54:41 PM »
Hmm, a C14 with flames would be more appropriate than a Road Star with flames...  Just thinking out loud here (hint, hint).  :)

Haven't you heard, the 08/09's have such a bad heat issue that they do have flames coming out the sides...  ::)

Offline MrFurious

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 03:03:02 PM »

Funny - the guy who painted my Road Star has been wanting to do a sport bike and as soon as he heard I got the Connie he called asking when I was going to have him paint it.  I told him, "Soon as you agree to do it for free."  Needless to say, I don't see it getting painted anytime soon.   ;D
Jim B.
COG #9642

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2011, 06:38:21 PM »
The right flames might be cool..........