Author Topic: N.E.D.  (Read 3928 times)

Offline bbroj

• To be determined...
N.E.D.
« on: March 19, 2015, 01:58:35 PM »
It stands for No Evidence of Disease. That's what came back from my first CT scan following a year of battling rectal cancer! I am still dealing with some side effects from chemo and intestinal issues following ostomy reversal surgery, but at this point "N.E.D." is my new best friend and I can and will deal with the rest!
'12 C-14, Vance and Hines CS One muffler, lowered pegs, tank bra, bar risers, Phil's Farkles rack with Givi V46 top box, fender extender, Bucks tail brights, Canyon Cages and much more to come!
COG 9331
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=1302;type=avatar&time=1422479190

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: N.E.D.
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 03:10:47 PM »
 :banana :banana :banana

Outstanding news! It looks like a good year shaping up.  :thumbs:

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 03:17:30 PM »
Good for you! +100 on the dancing bananas!
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 03:19:08 PM »
AWESOME!!!!

Chemo is some nasty stuff!  Did you have a port?

Again, congrats!
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline bbroj

• To be determined...
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2015, 03:23:04 PM »
AWESOME!!!!

Chemo is some nasty stuff!  Did you have a port?

Again, congrats!

Yup, still have the port. It was used for chemo and will continue to be used for blood draws and CT scans. I may have it for up to 3 years, kind of depends on if scans continue to be N.E.D.
'12 C-14, Vance and Hines CS One muffler, lowered pegs, tank bra, bar risers, Phil's Farkles rack with Givi V46 top box, fender extender, Bucks tail brights, Canyon Cages and much more to come!
COG 9331
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=1302;type=avatar&time=1422479190

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2015, 03:31:44 PM »
Yeah, comes in handy for that stuff...  Hope scans continue to be NED.

My wife had Non Hodgkin's Lymphoma... just had her port taken out 6 months ago. 

Congrats!
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2015, 03:38:02 PM »
Excellent! Congrats to both you and Kathy, Blaise.

Coming at a great time to begin riding in your (new) neck of the woods too.

Brian

It stands for No Evidence of Disease. That's what came back from my first CT scan following a year of battling rectal cancer! I am still dealing with some side effects from chemo and intestinal issues following ostomy reversal surgery, but at this point "N.E.D." is my new best friend and I can and will deal with the rest!
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2015, 03:42:13 PM »
Excellent news!
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2015, 05:22:10 PM »
Great news! Best wishes for continued success!
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2015, 08:32:06 PM »
 :goodpost: Congrats, bbroj!!!
And future well wishes.
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2015, 05:53:33 AM »
Great news! I just had my first scope 2 months ago at 53.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline Rembrant

• Arena
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2015, 07:48:15 AM »
 :chugbeer:
“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.” ~ Winston Churchill.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2015, 08:01:28 AM »
 :)    :thumbs:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline bbroj

• To be determined...
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2015, 03:32:01 PM »
Thanks to all for the kind words! Got out today for my first post-surgery ride today. Nothing earth shattering, about 140 miles with my wife Kathy. Out for a late breakfast then a mid afternoon lunch in Pinehurst NC. We have never been there before, but it's kinda cool in an expensive touristy kind of way. It's designed to be reminiscent of a small New England town, and it does a pretty good job. The bike was spectacular, I did pretty well and generally loved getting back on 2 wheels again. I need to log a bunch more miles and decide on ergonomics of the C-14. It already has bar risers and lowered pegs, but I found myself squirming on the seat and dropping my feet off the pegs even in the relatively short distances we did today. Admittedly, that could have a lot to do with me literally getting my @$$ back in shape and have nothing to do with the bike, time and miles will tell  :great:.
COG 9331

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2015, 04:50:29 PM »
Were the risers and lowerers on the bike when you got it? If so you may want to return to stock to get a proper baseline for future changes.

Offline bbroj

• To be determined...
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2015, 05:02:19 PM »
Were the risers and lowerers on the bike when you got it? If so you may want to return to stock to get a proper baseline for future changes.

Yes, they were on it when I bought it. But even as it is, I find myself looking for more room to stretch my knees and feel some tightness in my shoulders. I had risers, and later Helibars on my C-10, but never lowered the pegs. I may do as you suggest as an experiment, though I would bring the parts and tools with me on any such ride, I really can't see going without either the bar risers (Carpel Tunnel Syndrome) or the peg lowering kit, but a stock ride for comparison may be interesting.
COG 9331

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2015, 05:10:10 PM »
Stock seat? I found it tiring to try to keep from sliding forward on the stocker.

Offline bbroj

• To be determined...
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2015, 05:49:31 PM »
Stock seat? I found it tiring to try to keep from sliding forward on the stocker.

Yup, stock seat. That's why I want to be sure of my conditioning before making changes, seats can get pretty pricy in a hurry!
COG 9331