Author Topic: 2015 connie [pre-release speculation]  (Read 105053 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: 2015 connie
« Reply #80 on: September 05, 2014, 05:51:14 AM »
Ain't gonna happen.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Cold Streak

« Reply #81 on: September 05, 2014, 08:50:31 AM »
If they could make it 100lbs lighter would be nice.

Yeah and put on knobbies and call it an ADV version!   ;D  Course the knobbies would probably handle better than the original Bridgestones it comes with now.   :censored:

Offline tomp

« Reply #82 on: September 05, 2014, 08:58:54 AM »
Yeah and put on knobbies and call it an ADV version!   ;D  Course the knobbies would probably handle better than the original Bridgestones it comes with now.   :censored:

They tried something similar to that a while back. The Versys 1000.  Not so much the knobbies, but an inline 4 ADV bike, at least.  It didn't make it into the US, that I remember. 

Oh, and how about that new 2015 Concours.Bet it's gonna be great...(gotta keep thread on track).  Sorry Jim, it's been a long and not so great week and I couldn't help myselff... tp
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #83 on: September 05, 2014, 04:35:56 PM »
Wonder if the C14 will get supercharging too?   Not that it needs it, just wondering.

Not even a remote chance.  Forced induction will typically increase the wear on the engine, which is diametrically opposed to the entire concept of the C14- which is good performance but with good life and reliability.  Sure, you can do a mild boost and be OK, but it also will increase cost, weight, size, and complexity.... none of which the C14 needs more of :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #84 on: September 05, 2014, 04:37:38 PM »
Oh, and how about that new 2015 Concours.Bet it's gonna be great...(gotta keep thread on track).

No question in my mind it will be identical to the 2010, 11, 12, 13, and 14.... perhaps with a new color.... but more likely a rerun of one of those year's color- preferably silver ;)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline tomp

« Reply #85 on: September 05, 2014, 04:41:43 PM »
Not even a remote chance.  Forced induction will typically increase the wear on the engine, which is diametrically opposed to the entire concept of the C14- which is good performance but with good life and reliability.  Sure, you can do a mild boost and be OK, but it also will increase cost, weight, size, and complexity.... none of which the C14 needs more of :)

I agree with all that.  It was just a bit of sarcasm and making sure the thread stayed on the 2015 C14.  You understand, right???

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #86 on: September 05, 2014, 04:45:45 PM »
Speaking of staying on track, we haven't heard anything from the OP since he/she started this thread. Strato, where you at?

Offline tomp

« Reply #87 on: September 05, 2014, 04:56:37 PM »

:offtopic: where does the 'stratochile' moniker come from?  For instance, I could be a 'chileosac' myself.  I'm thinking strato has something to do with flying?

I was wondering that too.  Maybe from here....

Jimi Hendrix --- Voodoo Child, Live '69

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #88 on: September 05, 2014, 06:58:15 PM »
A new black and maybe a green.
Joel from Maine.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #89 on: September 05, 2014, 07:47:46 PM »
A new black and maybe a green.

They always have black (as if that is necessary)

Offline tomp

« Reply #90 on: September 05, 2014, 08:07:40 PM »
They always have black (as if that is necessary)

Gotta have black.  #1 color for Harley and MB.  White is #1 color for BMW cars, and for many years, Black was, for BMW motorcycles, what it was for the Model T, the only color available.  It is now normally a Special  Edition color for Beemers.  I had an 03 RT, that was a limited edition black.  Beautiful. 

Love the color of my 08, but the burgandy wine color that has been offered, like it was in '12, is my favorite.  Sofisticated looking, for sure...tp

Offline tomp

« Reply #92 on: September 06, 2014, 03:40:56 PM »
That green looks much nicer than I thought it would.  Thanks for sharing.  tp

Rode a while this afternoon.  Funny that I have three good road bikes, but always seem to be grabbing up the fobs, before going out to the garage. 

BTW, I was asked if the C14 would do 100MPH in 2nd gear.  No place around here to find out.  Anyone know what 2nd red line speed is?   The question was asked of me after the go pro video of the accident that killed the guy in UK hit the interweb and news this week.  I refuse to watch it, as I have seen vehicle death a few times before, and don't need to be reminded of just how fragile our lives are...

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #93 on: September 06, 2014, 05:34:15 PM »
That green is the same green as the new Dodge Viper green. Stryker Green Metallic.
Joel from Maine.

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #94 on: September 06, 2014, 05:34:53 PM »
I love what he did with the lower fairing.
Joel from Maine.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #95 on: September 06, 2014, 08:51:11 PM »
BTW, I was asked if the C14 would do 100MPH in 2nd gear.

Tonight I went [briefly] 95MPH @ 10K in 2nd gear.  Not at redline, but this probably answers your question.

Offline tomp

« Reply #96 on: September 06, 2014, 08:57:32 PM »
That would make redline of 10.5K at least 100.  Thanks for your effort.  I will pass on the info to the one who questioned me...

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #97 on: September 06, 2014, 09:49:38 PM »
That would make redline of 10.5K at least 100.  Thanks for your effort.  I will pass on the info to the one who questioned me...

I am pretty timid.... I have only been over 100MPH or over 9K RPM a few times on the C14, and have never hit redline, and have certainly never been over 60MPH in 2nd :)  Man, there is a lot of HP up in the high RPM...  the bike feels light as a feather and feels like it wants to launch to much higher speeds with zero effort.  There are few opportunities to do such a thing around here (plus I value my license).  Very different than putting along at 70 in 6th.

Offline tomp

« Reply #98 on: September 06, 2014, 10:04:35 PM »
What we have versus what we do with it can be a conflicting thing.  I took both my ZZR1200 and C14 to a little over 135 once before, and in both cases, the bikes seemed to just beginning to be in their elements, but I wasn't, so no higher and no more times. 

I have a riding buddy who feels 100 is just a starting point, but after a while, as BB King sang, "The thrill is gone."  Almost wet my pants more than once riding with him, with some REALLY close calls.  That's why I like riding alone.  Usually 55-65 on back roads or the legal limit on highways.  Riding with others can sometimes bring out the racer and competativeness that can lead to some nasty stuff happening, and I'm not ready to meet my maker, just quite yet... tomp

Offline Rembrant

• Arena
« Reply #99 on: September 07, 2014, 04:49:59 AM »
Speaking of staying on track, we haven't heard anything from the OP since he/she started this thread. Strato, where you at?

Oh...speaking of staying on track...we have three weeks to go before finding out about the 2015 Concours-14...whether it gets an update or not. Unless somebody already posted something in this thread that I didn't read...lol.

We know that Kawi is releasing the new Supercharged "Ninja H2" at the end of this month (Cologne motorcycle show?), and there have been some spy shots in Europe of major updates to other models (Looks like the Versys 650 and 1000 are getting makeovers for 2015).

No word on the Concours-14 yet?

I think I'll stick with my 2010 C14 anyway...maybe swap my Rostra kit for  MC Cruise this winter if I'm feelin' wealthy. If they DO change the C14 for 2015, I fear it will be for the worse anyway, since everybody wants it to be like a BMW 1600 Luxo-tourer with every option available to man. I think the North American masses will drive Kawasaki to turn the bike into more of a sport-TOURING bike instead of a SPORT-touring bike. I'm sure it will get more power, but it will likely also get bigger and heavier too...bigger windscreen, higher handlebars, winder fairings, etc. If you read any of the magazines or these forums, everybody wants the ultimate in comfort with zero wind ever touching their body or helmet, etc. I guess we'll see soon enough, and then in October we can start a new thread about predictions for the 2016 Concours-14...lol.

Rem :o

“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.” ~ Winston Churchill.