Author Topic: 2015 connie [pre-release speculation]  (Read 105029 times)

Offline Rembrant

• Arena
Re: 2015 connie
« Reply #200 on: October 21, 2014, 01:13:46 PM »
Could be something to that.  My local dealer doesn't have a single 2014 C14 on the floor and they have two 2013's.  Last time I was there I think they had $11,999 on the tag.  I see folks asking MORE for older used bikes on CL locally.  They're probably just trolling...

Have a look on Ebay, you'll see old leftover 2013 C14's for even less than that...I'm amazed at how low the prices are this fall for the leftovers.

I was talking to a Kawi dealer yesterday, and they have a 2014 C14 they're tryin to unload for $5000 off of list price.

Tough market where I live...sigh*...lol.

Rem :o
“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.” ~ Winston Churchill.

Offline Classvino

• Longtime Kawi Rider
« Reply #201 on: October 21, 2014, 02:41:44 PM »
...this is my last bike and I'm keeping it forever if I can....

+1  on the sentiment  (I can't promise to never get another though   ;) )

But I'm happy with the 2013 I got.  In fact, if I knew then what I know now, a 2011 or 2012 could have saved me some money for the same bike. (albeit a different colour perhaps)

New features are nice and all, but you'll be perpetually unhappy if you constantly "pine" for the latest/greatest thing.

You see the same thing in other markets - cameras, phones, TV's...   Is a new TV going to make viewing that much better?  After 10 or 12 megapixels, how much can be improved by adding a couple more?   There are exceptions, but I'll bet they're few and far between...

This is all  IMHO, FWIW, and YMMV and all that...

Jamie
2013 C14 - First "new" bike
1983 CB1100F, 1977 GS850, 1974 KH750 H2, 1974 KH500 H1, 1975 KH400 S3, 1979 RD 400 Daytona......

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #202 on: October 21, 2014, 04:25:33 PM »
Could be something to that.  My local dealer doesn't have a single 2014 C14 on the floor and they have two 2013's.  Last time I was there I think they had $11,999 on the tag.  I see folks asking MORE for older used bikes on CL locally.  They're probably just trolling...

1) The economy still isn't great.
2) The demand for sport touring is much smaller than other categories.
3) The Concours is expensive- it is big, complex, and feature-packed.  Most shoppers don't want to spend that much and/or can't afford it.
4) The dealers often don't even understand the Concours- why it exists, what it can do, etc.
5) The competition is finally starting to catch up.

I have noticed over the years that most dealers will have either one or no Concours on the floor.  I think of that as pretty normal.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #203 on: October 21, 2014, 04:29:16 PM »
New features are nice and all, but you'll be perpetually unhappy if you constantly "pine" for the latest/greatest thing.

You see the same thing in other markets - cameras, phones, TV's...   Is a new TV going to make viewing that much better?  After 10 or 12 megapixels, how much can be improved by adding a couple more?   There are exceptions, but I'll bet they're few and far between...

So VERY true.  And computers too- the improvements in computers over the years was so dramatic and fast that the last years most people simply don't need to upgrade anymore... they are fast and capable enough.  It has led to a huge slump in the computer market.  Manufacturers keep adding superficial fluff that really doesn't matter and consumers are tired of the upgrade game.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #204 on: October 22, 2014, 05:59:10 AM »
If you look on Kawasaki's website, they have reduced the MSRP on some of their models for 2015.  The high end bikes as much as $2000 lower than 2014. 

Yamaha is coming out with competitive bikes in the low and mid markets and pricing them quite a bit lower than Kawasaki's offerings.  The new R3, FZ07, and FZ09 are taking away market share. 

The adventure touring market is growing and Kawasaki is hoping the Versys 650 and 1000 are competitive, but many are choosing the lower maintenance shaft drive bikes.  Plus Electronic Cruise is the way to go for touring bikes.  Yamaha added it to the Super Tenere this past year. 

I do find it confusing how Kawasaki decides to add certain features to a bike and not other features.  They put cruise on the big Vulcans, but no TPMS.  They give the Concours a nice digital display along with the analog speedo and tach, but don't have the option of showing the speed digitally.  I either leave the display on temp or tire pressure, but having a nice large digital display of speed would help when I pass through small towns that rely on tickets to keep their police force funded.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #205 on: October 22, 2014, 06:06:41 PM »
They give the Concours a nice digital display along with the analog speedo and tach, but don't have the option of showing the speed digitally.  I either leave the display on temp or tire pressure, but having a nice large digital display of speed would help when I pass through small towns that rely on tickets to keep their police force funded.

Agreed completely.  Plus, it would have been nice to allow us to display more than one function on the screen at a time.  It is a huge waste of available space for something like the temperature (which is what I leave it on after checking the tire pressures when first starting out).  Of course, the more complex it is, the more it would need additional buttons and such.

I am *SO* glad the Concours has big analog tach/speedo.  That is getting REALLY hard to find now on bikes, and it is a shame.  I don't mind *also* having a digital display, but hate an ONLY digital display.  What I think would be the best (for cars and bikes) would be a huge LCD display with the ability to customize and put anything you want anywhere on the screen (digital readouts, simulated analog guages, info boxes, etc) using a smartphone app or something as a convenient interface.  Maybe some day...

By the way, I like the same thing in a watch- a dual digital AND analog display.

Offline overthehill

« Reply #206 on: October 22, 2014, 07:58:01 PM »
I understand that the US has a new "boss" from Kawasaki.  We will have to see what he thinks the market wants.
1987 Connie gone
2003 Goldwing (yikes, no lean angle) gone
1999 Connie gone
2008 Connie

Offline tchinkov

« Reply #207 on: October 24, 2014, 03:35:02 PM »

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #208 on: October 24, 2014, 04:41:50 PM »
It would be nice but that article is all speculation.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline almightys

« Reply #209 on: October 26, 2014, 04:39:29 AM »
Damn, I keep coming to this thread hoping to see all the magical links to the 2015. Still in the dark it seems. Sighs

Offline aspire61

• 08 concours + 85 madura 1200
« Reply #210 on: October 26, 2014, 07:52:45 AM »
Damn, I keep coming to this thread hoping to see all the magical links to the 2015. Still in the dark it seems. Sighs

Yup- but no news is good news. I believe each day they don't introduce a 2015 model is one day closer to a no 2015 announcment.

mat
No mans opinion is entirely worthless- even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #211 on: October 26, 2014, 08:57:31 AM »
Yup- but no news is good news. I believe each day they don't introduce a 2015 model is one day closer to a no 2015 announcment.

And a day closer to no 2015 is a good news??

voileauciel

« Reply #212 on: October 26, 2014, 02:05:42 PM »
And a day closer to no 2015 is a good news??

Why is no 2015 bad news? The final decision on anything will probably need to be signed off by Shigeru Murayama, so just chill already. Sometimes companies will give a model a sort of gap year, with little or no production, especially if there is low demand or a lot of late model examples still in showrooms.

Kawasaki's big announcements for 2015 were the H2/R and the Versys. The C14 had it's big hurrah in 2007, so just give it time. If nothing else, for yon's that are dead-set on having the latest and greatest, it only means that the later the announcement, the more time yon's had the time to save up some money, eh?  ;D

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #213 on: October 26, 2014, 03:12:20 PM »
let's not get excited about an announcement "bold new graphics"  ;D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #214 on: October 26, 2014, 03:20:43 PM »
Agreed.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #215 on: October 26, 2014, 05:24:22 PM »

Yep  [yawn]

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #216 on: October 27, 2014, 12:20:17 AM »

nice one, Steve. You had to be realistic, now, didn't you?  >:(

;)
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline aspire61

• 08 concours + 85 madura 1200
« Reply #217 on: November 03, 2014, 08:34:46 PM »
nice one, Steve. You had to be realistic, now, didn't you?  >:(
 ;)

We should find out this week- perhaps tomorrow. I still say there's more than paint and sparkles coming, even if the naysayers disagree!

mat
No mans opinion is entirely worthless- even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Offline Jimmy Lucas

« Reply #218 on: November 03, 2014, 09:21:14 PM »
I hope the new concours 14 will have the new zx14 power and be kawasaki green. that way in 5 years I might be able to find a wrecked one cheap so i can buy one lol.

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #219 on: November 04, 2014, 06:29:33 AM »
I hope the new concours 14 will have the new zx14 power and be kawasaki green. that way in 5 years I might be able to find a wrecked one cheap so i can buy one lol.

I love my dirt bikes in Kawasaki Green, and really thought I wanted my street bikes in Kawasaki Green, but I couldn't bring myself to trade my '11 'Red' Versys on a screaming deal for a '14 Versys in candy lime green and ABS.  The imperial mettalic red is just a really nice color that provides a touch of class to the otherwise cartoonish looking Versys.

In reality, if all my street Kawasakis were the same color I would be tempted to only run one license plate since most LEOs wouldn't see past Black Kawasaki on the registration.  Of course I love my freedom too much to truly try and get away with that for long.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077