Author Topic: 2009 concours 14 at extreme machines in millstone new jersey  (Read 9363 times)

Offline kjk concours

2009 concours 14 at extreme machines in millstone new jersey
« on: August 04, 2014, 07:21:13 PM »
If anyone lives near this dealership can you check out the 2009 red concours for me and see what condition it is in. I live 2.5 hours away and would hate to drive to look at it and it's not as nice as they say. thanks kevin

Offline Bourne2Ride

Re: 2009 concours 14 at extreme machines in millstone new jersey
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 10:26:05 AM »
If anyone lives near this dealership can you check out the 2009 red concours for me and see what condition it is in. I live 2.5 hours away and would hate to drive to look at it and it's not as nice as they say. thanks kevin
That's my dealership. I can stop by today after work. Take a few pictures, do a walk around. start her up, give  a quick review.
Save the Connie and Save the world!
- Heroes

Offline Bourne2Ride

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 09:02:24 PM »
The bike is in decent shape I noticed a little chip on the right pannier

It had Throttlemeiter throttle lock and after market heated grips.

I got there about 20 minutes before closing so I didn't get a chance to ride it, however, I'm getting there tomorrow morning at 10AM for a test ride.
There was a top case or trunk

and a Cee Baily wind screen.

it also had the police style bathroom bars for the front fairing, and the full bars for the panniers all the way around the back end.

My dealer was telling me it's selling for $7200 or there abouts. It's low mileage for a 2009 and looks like it was treated well. I'll have more information after the ride tomorrow.
- Heroes

Offline Walker18

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 04:07:03 PM »
Sure was good of you to go out of your way to see this C-14
 for a forum member.. And then to return for a test ride on
a bike that you have no intention on purchasing, yet not
a word of thanks.. That's the same response I received on
the exact same post on the COG site..
Honestly folks, a little thanks can go a long way.
COG#8443                                                  
AMA# 1088783
2012 C-14  'Rudy'

Offline kjk concours

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 07:00:38 PM »
Bourne to ride. Thank you, Thankyou AND Thank you. Let me how it rode. Thanks kevin

Offline kjk concours

Thanks Bourne to ride for looking at the concours at the dealership
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2014, 07:04:15 PM »
And the pics were helpfull also. Now I have to go down there and hopefully work out a deal.

Offline DucRider

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2014, 08:04:25 PM »
Wow the bike does look clean but what is the deal with those bars?
I Read More than i Post.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2014, 09:32:30 PM »
Wow the bike does look clean but what is the deal with those bars?

Those are the older/big "elephant ears" by MC Enterprises which where their first model and popular for police bikes.  Most people now use their much more compact Canyon Cages model which offer a little less protection but look much, much, much better.

http://www.mcenterprisesusa.com/products/search/dsp_searchForm.cfm
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Bourne2Ride

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2014, 09:25:53 AM »
The Sales man I usually speak to wasn't there, so I got a new guy, who didn't know me. He indicated they only offer Test rides on the Red Connie to "qualified" riders. Funny thing is I pointed to my Black 2011 in the parking lot, and he said, "I guess you're qualified, Here's the fob." The bike started right up, and reved smooth, on my short ride She felt, well like my bike. I'm not sure of the service history, but she tracked as true as she could with the OEM Battleaxe's on her. The shop replaced the rear, but with the same Bridgestone. Honestly I'd replace those first thing. I didn't mind the "bathroom" bars, and was able to kick my heels up where the police lights would go. I found the switch to the aftermarket heated grips in the glove box on the tank.
All in all, the bike is clean and I think $7200 is fair especially for such a low mileage ride.

You're welcome, and good luck!
- Heroes

Offline Big Mike

• Binghamton, NY
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2014, 10:48:45 AM »
Bourne2Ride, nice of you to step up for another member like that..  8)
2014 Concours 14 Candy Cardinal Red..
HeliBar Risers/Knight Design Lowered Pegs/Super Shark Skins/Cee Bailey Ultra Tour/TechSpec Snake Skin

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2014, 05:07:53 PM »
Bourne2Ride, nice of you to step up for another member like that..  8)

+1 !
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline kjk concours

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2014, 07:05:32 PM »
Thank you again bourne2ride. I might head down there this weekend.

Offline Bourne2Ride

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2014, 10:21:53 AM »
Thank you again bourne2ride. I might head down there this weekend.
They're open between 10-4 on Saturday. NJ sucks because all dealerships are closed on Sunday (Blue Laws).
Good luck with everything.
- Heroes

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2014, 05:05:19 PM »
They're open between 10-4 on Saturday. NJ sucks because all dealerships are closed on Sunday (Blue Laws)

Wow- those still exist?  Those disappeared in VA when I was a teenager.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2014, 05:11:52 AM »
They're open between 10-4 on Saturday. NJ sucks because all dealerships are closed on Sunday (Blue Laws).
Good luck with everything.

Wow- those still exist?  Those disappeared in VA when I was a teenager.

Same thing here in Illinois. No vehicle dealers open on Sunday. What's the deal with that law, anyone know? 
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2014, 05:16:50 AM »
When did the state of Illinois begin its ban on Sunday car sales, and why?

The short answer? Turns out, auto dealers in Illinois have kept their doors closed on Sundays for more than three decades — from a law passed in 1982, to be specific. The state legislature sided with a group of dealers who argued that having a mandatory day off allowed employees to be with their families and practice their faith, without worrying that their competitors were open and could steal a sale.

Here’s an excerpt of the law Illinois still follows today:

(625 ILCS 5/5-106) (from Ch. 95 1/2, par. 5-106)

Sec. 5-106. No person may keep open, operate, or assist in keeping open or operating any established or additional place of business for the purpose of buying, selling, bartering, exchanging, or leasing for a period of 1 year or more, or offering for sale, barter, exchange, or lease for a period of 1 year or more, any motor vehicle, whether new or used, on the first day of the week, commonly called Sunday; ...

But this story about Sunday car sales goes back even further than the 1980s; Illinois has had this debate since the 1950s, with similar arguments for and against being deployed each time — including the issue’s resurrection today.

http://www.wbez.org/series/curious-city/illinois-red-light-sunday-car-sales-110136

Offline Conrad

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2014, 05:40:57 AM »
Thanks G! I had a feeling that it was something stupid like this.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2014, 08:56:25 AM »
Colorado has the same law. Always bugged me because I could only shop for cars on Saturday or Sunday. If you go on Saturday there is a crowd and harder to make a good deal with the salesman.

Offline Bourne2Ride

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2014, 10:34:07 AM »
Blue laws or "Sunday" laws are a silly Puritan hold out of an earlier time when it was thought various laws first enacted by Puritan colonies in the 17th century that prohibited certain activities, recreational as well as commercial, on Sunday (Saturday evening through Sunday night). Sometimes the sale of certain types of merchandise was prohibited, and in some cases all retail and business activity.
It honestly serves no purpose today but to limit retail of spicific items for sale (I.E. Cars, motorcycles, and liqueur). Funny, i can buy a riding mower from Home Depot on Sunday, but not from the dedicated John Deer dealer. So it's silly, and should be repealed. Espcecially when the adjoinging states to NJ (NY, PA, Del) all allow auto and powersports sales on Sunday.

- Heroes

Offline tomp

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2014, 10:38:09 PM »
We had the blue law in effect in Texas back in the early 70's... I worked at Handy Dan Home Improvement store then, and we literally roped off certain isles on Sundays.  We could sell hammers and screwdrivers, but no nails, screws or bolts.  Could sell any hand tool, but no tools with a power cord.  Couldn't sell cabinet hardware, either, since they all had machine or wood screws. 

It ended in 74, but to this date, auto dealers still cannot be open on consecutive Saturdays and Sundays.  Either but not both.  Imagine that if dealers could be open seven days a week, they would.  Sales force would probably have to work both days, too.  That would be a tough gig...

Can't sell Beer or wine until noon on Sundays, and liquor stores cannot be open on Sundays, either...tp
Living in the Texas Coast...