Author Topic: Scroll Modification  (Read 7844 times)

Offline Drugless

Scroll Modification
« on: June 18, 2014, 08:45:33 AM »
Does any one know the link to the " use your flash to pass button to scroll through the options on your multi display modification". Looks like an excellent idea, but I'd probably install another switch, we use the flash to pass as a warning to other oncoming traffic that there's police or a speed camera behind us here.
It's better to be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and confirm the fact. (Like I always do)
Previous bikes-
  Yamaha FJ1200 ('85)
  BMW R1200RT ('05)

Offline Drugless

Re: Scroll Modification
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 09:24:36 PM »
It's better to be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and confirm the fact. (Like I always do)
Previous bikes-
  Yamaha FJ1200 ('85)
  BMW R1200RT ('05)

Offline Drugless

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 04:39:10 AM »
   Alright scroll modification done! Yep lost the TPI for about 4 minutes, then they came back. You beauty!
Don't seem to be able to use my trip meters though.  Has any one else struck this?
   The modification is an excellent idea and being able to go through the different displays without taking a hand off the handlebars is a great improvement, but I use my trip meters all the time. How do I get them back?
Previous bikes-
  Yamaha FJ1200 ('85)
  BMW R1200RT ('05)

Offline petepro

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 04:56:06 AM »
Oh! Here it is-
http://www.gtr1400.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=1165.0

Umm,  I can't get that without registering for that forum.   
Can you report the post in this forum?  (instead of the link.)
2012 Concours 14abs - 2013 - Current
2002 BMW R1150R - 2012-2013
1995 Honda 750 Nighthawk - 2001-2009
1984 Suzuki GS1150ES - 1987

Offline Drugless

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 05:06:53 AM »
Being virtually computer illiterate (honestly I'm amazed at myself every time I post successfully) I have to admit that I don't know how to do that. I found it easier just to register on the forum. It is after all another source of information. I apologise for my ineptitude,  I've a bunch of photos I'd like to post but I'm still trying to nut that out too!
Previous bikes-
  Yamaha FJ1200 ('85)
  BMW R1200RT ('05)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 06:41:01 AM »
The UK people are really good folks.  Quite a few of us are members of that forum as well as here.  Just sign up with them like you did here.  No big whup.  Same forum software.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Drugless

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2014, 06:42:58 AM »
No help with my little problem though?
Previous bikes-
  Yamaha FJ1200 ('85)
  BMW R1200RT ('05)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2014, 06:46:40 AM »
No help with my little problem though?
Try this...

Offline Drugless

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2014, 06:54:56 AM »
  Thanks gPink, but if I use that, the bike will be constantly wheel standing and foaming at the mouth......
  Maybe just some mood lighting and a nice meal somewhere, or a couple of glasses of a nice red and a walk on the beach perhaps.......
Previous bikes-
  Yamaha FJ1200 ('85)
  BMW R1200RT ('05)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2014, 06:57:14 AM »
 :rotflmao:

Offline Drugless

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2014, 07:00:23 AM »
Okay, I love a good laugh too, but I'd really like my trip meters back....... HELP!!........PLEASE!!
Previous bikes-
  Yamaha FJ1200 ('85)
  BMW R1200RT ('05)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2014, 07:45:35 AM »
I can't help you as I have a first gen '08 without all that fancy stuff. Might try back on the gtr forum?

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2014, 09:11:54 AM »
Try this...

So do you put that in the tank or what?

Offline clogan

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2014, 09:56:17 AM »
Does any one know the link to the " use your flash to pass button to scroll through the options on your multi display modification". Looks like an excellent idea, but I'd probably install another switch, we use the flash to pass as a warning to other oncoming traffic that there's police or a speed camera behind us here.

Confused here! My fashion-to-pass button does only that: flashes the high beam. It's a thumb-operated button that is pushed down to flash high beams, and pushed up to run high beams. On my bike, there is a separate "trigger finger" switch that is used solely to toggle through the display menu: temperature, PSI, volts, MPG average, MPG at present, and range to empty.

I am confused. Can somebody explain? Thanks in advance.

Edit: Never mind. I registered on the Brit site, read the thread, and now understand that pre-2010 bikes did not have the trigger scroll button like the 2010+ models do. Sorry for my confusion.
2010 Neptune blue C14
2009 blue KLR
2013 DRZ400

Offline PH14

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2014, 10:27:21 AM »
So do you put that in the tank or what?

Yes, it helps stiffen the suspension. Makes it more fun in the curves.

Offline RBX QB

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2014, 12:29:41 PM »

Edit: Never mind. I registered on the Brit site, read the thread, and now understand that pre-2010 bikes did not have the trigger scroll button like the 2010+ models do. Sorry for my confusion.

The 14 is the first bike I've owned where the trigger ISN'T the flash to pass... I'm still not used to using the thumb button for that feature.

2011 Concours 14 ABS
2̶0̶0̶6̶ ̶D̶u̶c̶a̶t̶i̶ ̶M̶o̶n̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶S̶2̶R̶D̶  SOLD

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2014, 01:43:15 PM »

:rotflmao:

Offline Drugless

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2014, 04:33:32 PM »
   My bike is a 2009 model which doesn't have the button on the switch block to scroll through the display options on the display in the instrument cluster. To do that on the earlier model bikes such as mine one must use the two buttons in the centre of said display. This mod. places a momentary switch in a convenient location (for me the left hand switch block) so you can do this with out using the buttons in the centre of the display thereby negating the need to take your hand off the handle bars.
   A most excellent idea IMHO. Sadly I'm having a bit of a teething problem in that I've done the mod. and all good except that now the top button of the ones in the centre of the display doesn't work even though I can scroll through the displays with the new switch, I cant use my trip meters, activated as we all know by the bottom button, as this button also seems to have lost it's function. A most perplexing development.
   It was suggested to me by the designer of the mod. To disconnect the battery to let every thing reset. I did this to no avail. Now I guess I'll have to go through my install and recheck all my connections and the ground, after that I'll be at a loss.  As I said before......HELP.........PLEASE.
Previous bikes-
  Yamaha FJ1200 ('85)
  BMW R1200RT ('05)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2014, 05:03:08 PM »
   My bike is a 2009 model which doesn't have the button on the switch block to scroll through the display options on the display in the instrument cluster. To do that on the earlier model bikes such as mine one must use the two buttons in the centre of said display. This mod. places a momentary switch in a convenient location (for me the left hand switch block) so you can do this with out using the buttons in the centre of the display thereby negating the need to take your hand off the handle bars.
   A most excellent idea IMHO. Sadly I'm having a bit of a teething problem in that I've done the mod. and all good except that now the top button of the ones in the centre of the display doesn't work even though I can scroll through the displays with the new switch, I cant use my trip meters, activated as we all know by the bottom button, as this button also seems to have lost it's function. A most perplexing development.
   It was suggested to me by the designer of the mod. To disconnect the battery to let every thing reset. I did this to no avail. Now I guess I'll have to go through my install and recheck all my connections and the ground, after that I'll be at a loss.  As I said before......HELP.........PLEASE.

Not sure what to say.  I assume the mod just puts a remote switch in parallel to one of the two buttons.  It shouldn't affect the other button at all.  It if does, it might be something was cut or disconnected when you did the mod...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2014, 05:32:58 PM »

Approaching Twit status?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.