Author Topic: Well, today Canyon Cages paid for themselfs - Pics  (Read 6170 times)

Offline SeattleDude

Well, today Canyon Cages paid for themselfs - Pics
« on: May 30, 2014, 04:15:52 PM »
My small private street goes into busy road and you have to make sharp left or right turn to it usually pretty quick.

Today I pull up to the end of my road, look left, look right. No cars so I am ready to turn right, turn my handle bars slightly, give it little (not enough gas) and starting to release the clutch.... move about one foot and bike Stalled, momentum of the stalled engine jerked bike and since I was starting sharp right turn it just threw the bike on the right side. It happened so quick that I couldn't do anything to save it. I hear nice THUD sound (instead of Crunch of the bodywork) and bike rests perfectly on Canyon Cages! Got off the bike, picked it up, got back on it and rode away.

No harm to the bike, just two small white scratched spots on canyon cages where they made contact with concrete pavement  and my slightly bruised ego.

The feeling that I experienced when it happened is not the Sad "Oh **** feeling", it is Oh Thank you Canyon Cages for saving my bike and my pocket from costly body work repair!

Canyon Cages worth EVERY PENNY! Thank you Ryan at MC Enterprises for great product!

« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 07:28:23 PM by SeattleDude »

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Well, today Canyon Cages paid for themselfs
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 04:44:37 PM »
Yep, mine paid for themselves also.  It is, indeed, a great feeling.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conrad

Re: Well, today Canyon Cages paid for themselfs - Pics
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 06:41:33 AM »
Usually it happens the other way round. The bike gets dropped right before the CC install, or while your CCs are sitting on the garage shelf...    ;)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 07:49:39 AM by Conrad »
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 07:37:41 AM »
 :rotflmao: I wouldn't know about that...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 07:50:27 AM »
:rotflmao: I wouldn't know about that...

No?   
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline mntbiker-junkie

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 03:59:08 PM »
I had a similar experience.  Dooh!  forgot to put down the kick stand and had to gently lay her down with not much damage.  There was no hope in holding that weight once it starts to go over.  Got the cages, front and rear as soon as that little accident happened.  A few months later, I had a slow speed drop pulling up to the house when I hit a small rock ( I mean the size of a marble of all things).  It started to go over and was on the ground before I even realized what happened.  The cages paid for themselves in that one drop with no angst on my part.  I was feeling pretty darn smart after that for having installed them

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2014, 04:21:32 PM »
Dropped mine this weekend also. Parked the bike, slight rise on the left side so the bike was kind of upright but the ground was soft. I kind of squished the side stand into the soft ground thinking it was leaned over enough. Nope. Got a step or 2 away from the bike and over she went on the right side. No problem with the CC's.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2014, 08:16:48 PM »
You guys realize that you are supposed to cushion the bike with your body, right?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Cuda

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2014, 09:46:25 PM »
Well I was packing the bike for the COG camping trip to sugar loaf key
I just packed the right side case pushing pretty hard to get it to close
walked in the house and boom, looked back and thought my Dog knocked over my bike (got to blame somebody else right)
Well I took off the rear bars ( God are they UGLY with the cases off)
Oh well I really don't care about a little scratch  here or there I'm not ZG I bought my bike to use it not show it... :loco: 
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline Steven C

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2014, 04:35:58 AM »
I know the pain as well..in addition to my 09 c-14 i have a 88 custom Vmax..and it fell over in the driveway two days ago..engine guards saved most of it.  >:(
2009 Red, Two brother carbon fiber with Juice Box.
Cycle Sounds amp'd speakers.1 1/2" Risers
1 off seat. Baileys Windscreen

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2014, 04:41:50 AM »
How about a pic of the Mad Max?

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2014, 05:31:42 AM »
 :battle:

Offline Steven C

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2014, 05:40:23 AM »

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2014, 05:44:02 AM »
Very nice!!

Offline Steven C

Offline Steven C

Offline RyanMCEnterprises

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2014, 10:35:04 AM »
Glad to hear the Canyon Cages saved your bike! I never mind reading these types of threads. It's a bummer the bike went over but sometimes it's inevitable and at least you had the guards to protect you from further damage. If you want to send the guards back to us to be stripped and refinished, shoot me an email or PM and we can get something set up. I believe it's about $50 for the fronts and $35 for the rears or something along those lines. Once they're done we'll ship them back out to you looking brand spankin' new!
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2014, 10:54:23 AM »
That's a good deal Ryan, but do you have a loaner program?  ;)

Offline RBX QB

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2014, 01:03:06 PM »
... If you want to send the guards back to us to be stripped and refinished, shoot me an email or PM and we can get something set up. I believe it's about $50 for the fronts and $35 for the rears or something along those lines. Once they're done we'll ship them back out to you looking brand spankin' new!

Scratched Cages are like dirt...They're a sign that you actually ride.

Of course, they're also a sign that you're a little clumsy, unbalanced, and you don't keep things very clean.  :-[

2 parking lot drops and counting... once to the right, once to the left. As long as I keep the ground time to those (and not the 30+mph sliding kind), I'm "okay" with it.
2011 Concours 14 ABS
2̶0̶0̶6̶ ̶D̶u̶c̶a̶t̶i̶ ̶M̶o̶n̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶S̶2̶R̶D̶  SOLD