Author Topic: Who has installed a McCruise on a C14  (Read 2858 times)

Offline Cuda

Who has installed a McCruise on a C14
« on: May 20, 2014, 08:16:32 PM »
Well I have the box full of wires ...
Just how much fun was the install?
Any pointers.
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline wingrider

Re: Who has installed a McCruise on a C14
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 10:24:58 PM »
Well, just take your time and follow the directions exactly. Mine had been removed from another bike and when I contacted MC Cruise with some concerns they replied by email and asked for my phone number so they could call me. They would not allow me to call them as they felt it should be on there dime. The thing I liked the most was that it is a complete plug and play install. if you have any questions feel free to send me a pm and I will send you my phone number. Good luck.

Offline MikeH

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 11:45:56 AM »
Only issue i had was when plugging into the bike ecu, I had to remove a little of the insulation from the wire to make it fit.

Offline C14PAINKILLER

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 11:59:21 AM »
Only issue i had was when plugging into the bike ecu, I had to remove a little of the insulation from the wire to make it fit.

Take your time, well documented plug and play unit. Had the same problem for the ecu, just be careful not to break the pin. (I did:( but sourced it locally, McCruise was more than happy to send me some spares) Great guys to talk to, A-one customer service! Enjoying mine!
2010 PAINKILLER BLUE   COG# 9405
Rides the metal monster, breathing smoke and fire

Offline stbtbb

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 01:37:32 PM »
i installed the mccruise on my 08 it wasn't hard or easy just time consuming but well worth the effort. Instructions do come in handy (extremely detailed) but i refuse to admit to actually using them that would cost some man points and i only have a few left.