Author Topic: oem windshield for C10  (Read 1570 times)

Offline tbunder

oem windshield for C10
« on: May 03, 2014, 05:31:54 PM »
I am looking for a stock or shorter windshield for my '02. Let me know if you have one. Apparently, you can only buy aftermarket shields with a minimum height of 22". I'm looking for at most a 17" shield. I have a 22" Rifle I am replacing, hate the look of the rifle but it came on the bike.

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
Re: oem windshield for C10
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 09:56:35 AM »
I have a Cee Bailey 22.5" shield that I really like on my red bike.  It is considerably lower than stock shield because of its laid down angle.  It is not as short as a custom made "shorty" though, which I also use in the summer.  Somewhere on the forum there are some discussions and diagrams related to the different shields.  My cut-down shorty is simply a stock one cut-down and painted black on the inside.

The Rifle is sized differently because of it's mounting base.  You can easily make your own replacement shield with flat sheet of plastic from your local hardware store.  Acrylic is easy to work with, Lexan is very durable.
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington