Author Topic: ping BDF  (Read 10658 times)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
ping BDF
« on: May 12, 2011, 06:28:56 PM »
I hope you don't mind I used your sig (modified version)  ;D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: ping BDF
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 06:33:08 PM »
Nah, no problem on my end. I am going to change mine back to an oldie but enjoyable one anyway.

Brian

I hope you don't mind I used your sig (modified version)  ;D
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 07:44:00 PM »
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Just like old times brothers!  ;D

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 08:08:03 PM »
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Alishiea

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 12:41:10 AM »
I've seen your posts. It is the newspaper media in general. I really likeit.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 01:03:23 AM »
I've seen your posts. It is the newspaper media in general. I really likeit.

??

Is this a spambot?
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Rembrant

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2014, 03:17:20 AM »
??

Is this a spambot?

Yes...that same name replied to a thread in another Kawasaki forum a few days ago.
“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.” ~ Winston Churchill.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2014, 04:10:10 AM »
Checking it out..and lets leave it at that for now.

"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2014, 02:58:06 AM »
 :popcorn:

I wish I had any clue what you guys are on about. I think...
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2014, 07:22:26 AM »

+1

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2014, 07:38:25 AM »
Taken care of...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2014, 09:42:18 AM »
The post that brought this thread back (from 3 1/2 years ago!) had odd wording and it looked like it may not have been a human who wrote it- perhaps spam generated by another computer..... hence the word 'spambot' which means a robot (bot) that generates useless text (spam) and puts same on forums, group pages, etc.

And administrator will track down its sending location and determine if it is likely a human or not and if not, terminate the account.

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2014, 09:41:00 AM »
Thanks... I can stop scratching my head now, although according to your explanation, there are quite a few of us here that fit the description sometimes  ;D
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2014, 09:49:08 AM »
True, but at least we are 'real people' behaving badly..... which somehow is more comforting than machinery or automatons behaving badly..... I think. Maybe.  ;)

A year or two ago a gent. popped up claiming he was having some unusual trouble with a C-14 and he was in Mexico on vacation. Some of us thought 'him' a troll, others thought he was a real human in a real situation. I happened to be in the second group in that case so I tried to help the guy out such as I could from far away. Anyway, he did post back that he got to some level of function and was on his way- I wished him the best of luck, assuming 'he' was a real person and this 'Mexico' was a real place.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Brian

Thanks... I can stop scratching my head now, although according to your explanation, there are quite a few of us here that fit the description sometimes  ;D

Offline rocknrod

• 2013 C14 - Blue
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2014, 11:05:26 AM »
What would be the benefit of spambotting? I don't get why someone would set a computer to do that?
Master Chief, US Navy, Retired
2013 C14 Blue, Fenda Extenda, Radiator Screen, HeliBars, Glove Box Mod, 3M paint Protector, Rostra Cruise Control, TechSpec Tank Grips, Lowering Links and Side Stand, Front lowered, Lowered center stand, Balwin Seat.

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2014, 11:13:57 AM »
What would be the benefit of spambotting? I don't get why someone would set a computer to do that?
Because he/she can.
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2014, 02:37:33 PM »
I'm waiting for the fembots, myself.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2014, 03:32:54 PM »
But.... but.... how long 'ya gonna' wait Jim?

:rotflmao:

And by the way, I do not think 'fembot' is P.C. .  I believe the more correct expression would be 'Gyno- bots'.  ;)

Brian

I'm waiting for the fembots, myself.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2014, 04:43:40 PM »
Til the Kaws come home.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2014, 05:59:07 PM »
I prefer the fembots....does it make you horny baby? Shagalicious....
Or frank zappa's fembots / penguins in bondage....?
Either are good.... damn, gonna have to do an extended Mr. Classic weekend post now....

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..