Author Topic: Corbin trunk with Sergent seat?  (Read 7163 times)

Offline wildnphx

• Arena
Corbin trunk with Sergent seat?
« on: June 13, 2011, 12:15:07 PM »
I need opinions...  Do you think this will look ok....  A Corbin Trunk (http://www.corbin.com/kawasaki/kc8trnk.shtml) with a Sergent seat.

Trying to make the wife happy...  Is that possible  ???

Offline SVonhof

• 2009 C14
Re: Corbin trunk with Sergent seat?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 12:38:13 PM »
I don't believe a Corbin trunk needs to be mated with a specific seat. If you like the Corbin trunk, go for it, no matter what seat you have.
Scott
ZX-6D --> CBR600F3 --> TL1000R --> Concours 14
Mods: Two Bro's Titanium Slip-on, Shad SH46 trunk, PCA luggage rack, AeroFlow windscreen, Corbin saddles, Helibar risers, LED brake flashers, "divintymotor" (Ebay) LED tail light, ProjektD sidestand Bigfoot and Helmet locks, Vario Passenger pegs, Oxford Heaterz grips

Offline BackInTheSaddle

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 12:39:48 PM »
Don't know if it will make the wife happy, but it sure will make wheelies easier.  Man it seems to hang far out the back.  Nicely integrated with the panniers though.
Don, Apple Valley, MN
2008 C-14 ABS, AeroFlow Tall, Murph's risers with wedges, Buell pegs, Zumo 590, lowered pegs, Russell Day-Long
Previous bikes 2001 Kawi C10 (RIP), and 1981 Honda CB650
http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab353/DonaldHollinger/MOTO/Map_zpse09bb1e5

Offline alexx45

• 2009 Black C14
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 01:03:18 PM »
I know this much if I had the cash for the trunk & the extra $ to have it painted black I'd be all over it. Yes I have a sargeant seat. And yes I have a GF it would make very happy. :D
Life is good.... At least from my perspective.
2009 Concours 14
2005 Suzuki Bandit

Offline Pynikal

• From power cruiser to power tourer.
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 01:35:31 PM »
i can believe the trunk is only $100 more than the smuggler......

Offline DocPigskin

• I'm kind of a big deal
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 02:00:24 PM »
I would be more concerned about your bike and trunk matching than the seat and the trunk.   Is your bike silver?   Also, I think the trunk would look fine with a sargent seat especially if the seat had the silver welt.    As far as making the GF happy, I would think diamonds over a trunk but if she is more into the trunk than diamonds, you should consider marrying that girl cause they don't make many like that  ;)

Offline alexx45

• 2009 Black C14
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 08:08:43 AM »
Trust me I've come to appreciate the fact that I am a lucky man... 8)
Life is good.... At least from my perspective.
2009 Concours 14
2005 Suzuki Bandit

Offline danvforce

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 10:55:21 AM »
Corbin will color match the trunk to your bike color for the price listed.

Offline firetruck41

• No pictures means No Posting
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2011, 04:41:15 PM »
bought my bike about six weeks ago, ordered the color matched trunk the same day. i had to call kawasaki to find out that the silver color trunk is on back order til the end of july. took the trunk back since it was still unused. i ordered the givi E55 silver mono-key. will see it on thursday.
2011 connie. silver
corbin seat on order
motorcycle larry lowers.murphys risers
Givi E55 mono-key. passenger peg lowers

Offline Pynikal

• From power cruiser to power tourer.
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2011, 05:13:22 PM »
man the more i look at these the more i dont like them.  trunks in general.  am i the odd man out here??  i can see the usefulness of them but i just cant get over the look of them. 

Offline DocPigskin

• I'm kind of a big deal
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2011, 09:31:05 AM »
Honestly, whether you like the looks or not, the ease and functionality of the GIVI E55 is so nice as far as the ability to remove or install the trunk.  It honestly takes me no more than 30 seconds to install or remove the trunk so for that, I love the ability for the added storage.   I usually only have it on the bike when I know I am going to need the storage, but that is why I bought the C14.   I have a sportbike to ride when I want to go fast and have no storage so for me the C14 is used for more functional trips.

Offline wildnphx

• Arena
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2011, 09:51:31 AM »
Honestly, whether you like the looks or not, the ease and functionality of the GIVI E55 is so nice as far as the ability to remove or install the trunk.  It honestly takes me no more than 30 seconds to install or remove the trunk so for that, I love the ability for the added storage.   I usually only have it on the bike when I know I am going to need the storage, but that is why I bought the C14.   I have a sportbike to ride when I want to go fast and have no storage so for me the C14 is used for more functional trips.

Well I went ahead and purchased it so time shall tell if I like it or not...  I also only want to use it on long trips with the wife and the ease and time of removing it may be a factor that I am not happy with as I would like a quick change over as mentioned above and I doubt the Corbin has that.

Thanks for the opinions though.

Offline wildnphx

• Arena
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2011, 12:14:08 AM »
Wife likes it and it looks good  :)

Offline DocPigskin

• I'm kind of a big deal
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2011, 10:56:06 AM »
Wife likes it and it looks good  :)

What tinted windscreen is that?

Son of Pappy

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2011, 12:04:22 PM »
Well, it does make the tater launcher look small ;)  I'll stick to my Shad 46, for trips I'd love the extra space and the Corbin looks great, but no quick release really killed the deal back when I was looking.

Offline Mal

• Arena
  • There is no spoon...
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2011, 07:53:28 PM »
man the more i look at these the more i dont like them.  trunks in general.  am i the odd man out here??  i can see the usefulness of them but i just cant get over the look of them.

No, you're not the odd man out... all of them look like afterthoughts...
`09 ZG-1400
Western Colorado

"It is not the business of government to make men virtuous or religious, or to preserve the fool from the consequences of his own folly. Government should be repressive no further than is necessary to secure liberty by protecting the equal rights of each from aggression on the part of others" —Henry George

Offline wildnphx

• Arena
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2011, 09:58:54 AM »
Well, it does make the tater launcher look small ;)  I'll stick to my Shad 46, for trips I'd love the extra space and the Corbin looks great, but no quick release really killed the deal back when I was looking.

I would have preferred a quick release but I was pleasantly surprised as it takes about 10 mins to put on or remove so thats ok by me....

Offline wildnphx

• Arena
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2011, 10:05:02 AM »
What tinted windscreen is that?

I believe it is the Ceebaileys Mini domed. I purchased used off the forum awhile back, I also have the Ceebaileys ultra tour for winter riding in AZ and long trips...