Author Topic: What did you do with your bike today?  (Read 20871 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: What did you do with your bike today?
« Reply #80 on: March 22, 2014, 07:32:26 AM »
Sounds like you had enough SNOWmobiling C
I should be done with my modifications on the bottom of my race boat this weekend ;D

Yep, I had enough to last two winters!
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline johnryancook

« Reply #81 on: March 22, 2014, 07:56:02 AM »
I gave it it's first bath of the year and then took the woman out for dinner on it.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #82 on: March 22, 2014, 08:04:43 AM »
 :thumbs:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline dolomoto

• '08 C14 "Hot, Nasty, Bad-Ass Speed"
« Reply #83 on: March 22, 2014, 08:59:50 AM »
I didn't do anything to my moto today, still got two months left on this deployment. My wife commented about the fact there is a large pile of parts awaiting my return:

Bike Bullets with Pod Mod (LED marker lights that "twinkle" for visibility)
MCL passenger footpeg extensions with pegs installed
Murphs driver footpegs
Beadrider passenger seat
Eastern Beaver PC-8 fuse box
Stebel Horns
New wiring kit for heated vest
PR4's
CH tank bag

There's probably a few other small things in the pile o'parts. Hopefully I can get most things installed in one or two days before my June trip to Cape Spear, Newfoundland.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #84 on: March 22, 2014, 09:30:48 AM »
Can't talk her into getting those parts installed while you're away?

Offline JS_racer

« Reply #85 on: March 23, 2014, 05:23:45 AM »
I haven't even pulled the bike cover off it since early November...sigh

Maybe in another couple weeks it will be more desireable weather

sure blows, feels never ending!!
hope to see you on the road this year,  :chugbeer:

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #86 on: March 24, 2014, 08:13:45 AM »
Loaded it up to make sure everything fits for my trip to the Nationals.

Offline sanmo

• Arena
« Reply #87 on: March 24, 2014, 08:25:56 AM »
The black Lab rides Romney-style?  ;D
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline MGvaleri

« Reply #88 on: March 25, 2014, 12:37:46 AM »
Went to the dealer for buying back arrow SX.

http://youtu.be/ScYslKTv5pE

MGvalerio ;D
Centauro ancora a  60 anni,..che non finisca mai!!!

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #89 on: April 12, 2014, 03:35:39 PM »
What did you do with your bike today?

Absofreaking nothing.

Delivered bike to dealer on Thur after work for replacement of the two TPS and new tires + rear brake recall.  Asked for it to be completed by Sat morning.

Most beautiful weekend of the year.  Called dealer this morning- they haven't even STARTED working on my bike and won't do anything with it today, either.  Weekend ruined.  I don't want to do stupid chores.  Spent three hours trying to mow the lawn with a broken mower that dies under any load when it gets hot.  What a life.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #90 on: April 12, 2014, 03:39:54 PM »
Take the mower to the dealer and pick up the bike. Have him not work on the mower and you can ride the bike.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #91 on: April 12, 2014, 04:46:05 PM »
Take the mower to the dealer and pick up the bike. Have him not work on the mower and you can ride the bike.

I wish it worked that way.  Seems they are slammed due to the season.  I wanted to get this done much sooner, but so slammed at work.  Hopefully I will get it back Monday after work, if I can make it over there.  It is overdue for 7500 service (I think I am at 9000 now?)... I might have made a huge mistake by not having them do that now... thinking I can do it myself or with assistance from a friend.  Same friend I want to help me with the Throttle Tamer install that is collecting dust.

As an aside, I do think they work on mowers....  the "cruiser" variety, if you know what I mean...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #92 on: April 12, 2014, 05:04:12 PM »
I don't think there's a dealer in a hundred miles open on Monday.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #93 on: April 12, 2014, 11:52:58 PM »
I don't think there's a dealer in a hundred miles open on Monday.

Your dealers have an aversion to Mondays??  Strange.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #94 on: April 13, 2014, 05:56:10 AM »
Your dealers have an aversion to Mondays??  Strange.

I used to have an aversion to Mondays myself, who doesn't? Retirement was the cure for that ailment!   :)

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Classvino

• Longtime Kawi Rider
« Reply #95 on: April 13, 2014, 06:24:04 PM »
I rode it !

I know, I know, it doesn't sound very exciting to you "southerners" but up here, we had our first really nice weekend this year, so I got it out of it's winter storage, and after jumping it off the van's battery, rode it.   I put over 200km on the bike (about 120 miles) without actually going anywhere... I mean, I rode with no destination in mind...  just rode.

I'm sooo glad winter's finally over...  (except the weatherman says we might get some more snow on Thursday...  Hope he's wrong.   BDF's wishes for snow notwithstanding)

Jamie
2013 C14 - First "new" bike
1983 CB1100F, 1977 GS850, 1974 KH750 H2, 1974 KH500 H1, 1975 KH400 S3, 1979 RD 400 Daytona......

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #96 on: April 13, 2014, 07:08:52 PM »
I rode mine to COTA to watch the Moto GP race.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #97 on: April 13, 2014, 09:38:26 PM »
about 120 miles without actually going anywhere... I mean, I rode with no destination in mind...  just rode.

Yep, most of my rides are like that (not usually that long, but without a destination).  I just pick a direction and go, trying to get lost.  And when I do get lost (which isn't too difficult for me), I use the GPS to get home :)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #98 on: April 14, 2014, 04:45:23 AM »
Yep, most of my rides are like that (not usually that long, but without a destination).  I just pick a direction and go, trying to get lost.  And when I do get lost (which isn't too difficult for me), I use the GPS to get home :)

+1 on this! Lately I just point the bike in a direction and ride. Last time I just went west and took two lane roads all the way to the Mississippi river.    :)