Author Topic: Evil is coming  (Read 3202 times)

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Shoodaben Engineering
Evil is coming
« on: December 14, 2013, 10:01:35 AM »
 thinking of newtown, it makes me sick. Please watch, it's short. Steve

Evil is Coming: ticking-clock Newtown video makes more sense with pro-gun narration (110 sec)

Offline jim snyder

• Arena
  • I'm married but my girlfriends name is Connie
Re: Evil is coming
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 02:51:00 PM »
Very good point. I have been trying to get our school district to let me give them FREE active shooter training for their staff and teachers, and I can't even get a return phone call or email. They are locked in their little circle of administration wonderland and
think the police or the school resource officer will save them. As long as we guarantee these folks a "gun free zone" they will continue
to carry out these senseless and cowardly acts. We can stop this anytime we are willing to do what needs to be done.   
"Somedays you're the windshield, and somedays you're the bug"
"An armed citizen is a patriot, and unarmed citizen is a victim"

http://community.webshots.com/user/kawadude

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 03:39:44 PM »
I fear the 'WILL to do...' has just about been erased from the majority of Americans.

Offline Leo

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 04:18:10 PM »
While I am fully convinced that each community is better at defending themselves than any federal agency, and carry a snubby even on the pulpit,  I have a deeper observation.

Take a look at all the big media covered shootings, Just like the one in Colorado yesterday.  The punk was mad about loosing a place on the debate team.  He was another brainy student.   So was the theater shooter, from the sounds of it, the little freak in Sandy Hook was smart enough to accomplish evil with no guns at all.   

Great intellect and knowlege without the wisdom of morals is as dangerous as any crazy idiot that finds himself backed into a corner.  In the '60's we made morals as taught in the Christian Bible illegal and fashionably unacceptable.  Without the moral limits of respect for a bigger purpose,  intellect is not a guarantee of good things.   

As wise man once said that if we educate without morals we are simply producing more talented devils.

I prefer "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom and knowledge"
Yep, still riding the old one

In Indiana, missing Texas

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2013, 04:44:38 PM »
It is not correct social behavior to 'judge'.

Offline Tim

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2013, 03:33:52 AM »
But what did the kid in CO do yesterday when confronted with a cop with a gun.....he shot himself and no more innocents were harmed. Maybe this was an example of meeting force with force with the good guys winning for once. I am in favor of training selected teachers to be armed at school. After all they will be there much sooner than a police response will ever be.
I don't always ride a street bike. But when I do, it's a Concours. Ride safely my friend.

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2013, 05:35:08 PM »
'Selected teachers' would be human, too ... ie can go nuts just like anybody else.

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2013, 06:18:43 PM »
'Selected teachers' would be human, too ... ie can go nuts just like anybody else.

sure - and they have unlimited access to our kids. So please cite some incidence of teachers going on a killing spree with tools they have immediately available. Maybe alcohol and bunsen burners for molotov cocktails, or running groups of kids over with their car in the parking lot.

There's this weird notion that possession of a firearm makes you subject to go off at any time. Folks think the firearm causes the action. If teachers were so apt to "go off" we'd be having lots of killings with everyday available items in the school - but does that happen regularly, or even at all? HMMM. Maybe it's not the presence of the firearm that makes the killer after all. Trust me, if you took all the firearms from everyone, these nuts would resort to bombs / fire for mass killings. So then you need to ban glass bottles, gasoline, and rags. Oh, and we'll need to ban cars, they're pretty dangerous in the wrong hands too, never know when a driver might "go off".

C'mon man think - the gun never drove itself to school and pulled it's own trigger. it's not the gun, it's the idiot who thinks killing lots of defenseless people is cool. Steve

Bergmen

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2013, 04:18:34 PM »
Very good point. I have been trying to get our school district to let me give them FREE active shooter training for their staff and teachers, and I can't even get a return phone call or email. They are locked in their little circle of administration wonderland and
think the police or the school resource officer will save them. As long as we guarantee these folks a "gun free zone" they will continue
to carry out these senseless and cowardly acts. We can stop this anytime we are willing to do what needs to be done.

Suggest to the school district that they get rid of all fire extinguishers and sprinkler systems in schools, go back to flammable building materials and stop all fire drill training. Don't have firefighters visit the school to talk about fire safety and constantly ignore the possibility that a fire that could be lethal to all on campus.

After all, the fire department is just a phone call away...

If we prepared for an armed attack in the same manner that we prepare for fires in schools (correct me if I'm wrong but I believe we have not lost a child in a school fire in decades) school shootings would drop off the radar screen. You don't have to activate a covert armed presence for it to be an extremely effective deterrent.

Dan

Bergmen

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2013, 04:20:14 PM »

So could you. So does that mean we shouldn't trust you with a firearm either?

Some logic.

Dan

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2013, 02:53:39 PM »
While I am fully convinced that each community is better at defending themselves than any federal agency, and carry a snubby even on the pulpit,  I have a deeper observation.

Take a look at all the big media covered shootings, Just like the one in Colorado yesterday.  The punk was mad about loosing a place on the debate team.  He was another brainy student.   So was the theater shooter, from the sounds of it, the little freak in Sandy Hook was smart enough to accomplish evil with no guns at all.   

Great intellect and knowlege without the wisdom of morals is as dangerous as any crazy idiot that finds himself backed into a corner.  In the '60's we made morals as taught in the Christian Bible illegal and fashionably unacceptable.  Without the moral limits of respect for a bigger purpose,  intellect is not a guarantee of good things.   

As wise man once said that if we educate without morals we are simply producing more talented devils.

I prefer "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom and knowledge"

Amen.......
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey