Author Topic: Winter projects so far  (Read 8882 times)

Offline Stubby

• 2011 Silver ABS Concours 1400
Winter projects so far
« on: December 03, 2013, 06:33:16 PM »
Well winter is here in UT so time for winter projects.
#1 on the list was new horns after doing some reading I settled on the PIAA plug and play horns. Make some new pig tails and installed the new horns in about 1 hr and they are louder.

Next up was some new driving lights and since I was doing that a new Fuzz block was in order in case I want more stuff in the future.
Opening the bike up for ( me ) the first time

I have seen were people took the tool box out to mount the fuzz block but after looking at it I decided I could mount the fuzz to the tool box and keep the tool box in place.

Wiring in place

One of the reasons for wanting to keep the box was #1 keep the fuse block up and away from water. #2 If you look on the RT side you will see my extra fob key Velcros to the side and on the LT side is a extra FOB battery taped to the box. I have an extra key for fueling so I can access under the seat at anytime.

This is how it looks after I ran the wires the BLK and grey housing running to the Rt are the fuzz block and the light harness and the grey harness running to the Lt is the switch for the lights

Speaking of the switch I velcroed it to the top of the Lt hand switch for now to see how I like it.

And here are the lights on so far so good I still need to aim them and finish putting the bike back together but so far not bad light from them

On a side note this was made so much easer with Fred's videos I'm a visual type of guy and the videos were a big help

Dave
it's better to ask forgiveness than permission..... So I have been told

Offline ZG

• Arena
Re: Winter projects so far
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 07:02:41 PM »
Nice! And sweet garage too Dave!  :thumbs: :chugbeer:

Offline Stubby

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 07:13:56 PM »
ZG thanks the fuzz block came from your posts good call bro. The garage is why I bought this house I don't even park anything but a toy in it and right now I'm only using half of it.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 07:53:31 PM »
ZG thanks the fuzz block came from your posts good call bro. The garage is why I bought this house I don't even park anything but a toy in it and right now I'm only using half of it.

Happy to help bro, enjoy!
 :) :thumbs: :chugbeer:

Offline phoneman

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 04:33:38 PM »
  Now that's a clean garage.  I can see the reflection of the lites on the floor.

Nice job on the Fuzeblock and lite install.  Gotta get off my lazy butt and get to work on mine.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 07:11:27 PM »
Hey Jim, you taking notes here?  Even the new guys are wrenching on new stuff, seems almost Krazy them bar thingys you have are collecting dust ;)

Offline Stubby

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 07:53:57 PM »
Phoneman ya after I got the epoxy floor down it stays pretty shiny. Ya Jim  even us new old guys are doing some wrenching.  ;D

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2013, 03:44:10 AM »
Hey Jim, you taking notes here?  Even the new guys are wrenching on new stuff, seems almost Krazy them bar thingys you have are collecting dust ;)

Grrrrrrr...  Actually the whole front of the bike is on my list of to dos...   Canyons, header nuts, changing fork fluids...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2013, 08:29:24 PM »
Grrrrrrr...  Actually the whole front of the bike is on my list of to dos...   Canyons, header nuts, changing fork fluids...
Turn off your computer, we can handle things for a few hours ;)  Make Jay an honorary mod 8)

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2013, 09:36:14 PM »
Turn off your computer, we can handle things for a few hours ;)  Make Jay an honorary mod 8)

Ya, come on Sparky, let me mod this forum for a bit, I promise to have it home by morning...  :finger_fing11:

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2013, 09:13:31 AM »
Well, that gave me a good laugh... :rotflmao: .......I don't think so... ;)
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2013, 09:27:30 AM »
My winter project is to make my garage look like yours Dave!

:thumbs:

And since I'm soon to have a LOT of time on my hands...    :)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2013, 01:45:58 PM »
When you're done with that, you can come over to my garage.  I have a few things needed to be done.. ::)

Son of Pappy

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2013, 01:49:50 PM »
When you're done with that, you can come over to my garage.  I have a few things needed to be done.. ::)
He said he will have lots of time.  Such an innocent comment spoken by the unknowing.  He may seek another job just to get some "free" time ;) ;D

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2013, 01:51:52 PM »
 :)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2013, 01:52:54 PM »
 :)

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2013, 01:53:32 PM »
C, have you ever installed canyon cages?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2013, 01:57:32 PM »
I'm pretty sure he has, hence the invite.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2013, 02:03:12 PM »
C, have you ever installed canyon cages?

As a matter of fact, I have. 

Offline Stubby

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2013, 08:45:51 AM »
Conrad its a work in progress ( have a bunch of the GF's stuff in it right now ) but I'm thinking of a 42" and cable in there next?   ;D