Author Topic: Noob here  (Read 13352 times)

Offline pothole

Re: Noob here
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2013, 05:46:51 PM »
Welcome to the board :chugbeer:

I  went with a 95 and PR 2s after 3,000 miles and the bike does turn much mo better and a throttlemeister lock which is a beautiful piece.

Do the first service yourself, it's just an oil, filter and gear oil change and inspect the torque on all bolts.  Bought the parts at the Kawi dealer (the receipt has the mileage on it just in case)and they insisted that I use dino for the first change.  I'm no wrench, but I hate to waste $$

Also, most bikes come with the headlight facing too far down, so check that out.

First and most servicing will be performed by me, just retired as a master tech. Just purchased said
parts for the 600, and 1k services.  Will use 10-40 dino for a while too. Will use up the stock tires,
 then swap for the one's you guys have recommended, in 55 size,too.      Thanks!
This C-14 is now my 14th bike currently...too many is never enough.
Garmin GPS, Go Cruise, Helmet locks, Delkevic 13" Carbon Tri-Oval, Mag-Knight, Lamm seat, PrjctD Wings, Guhl ECU, Advanced Sport Touring 2" Pullback risers.

Offline pothole

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2013, 10:18:14 PM »
    Me again. Spent the day breakin' it in some more. You all say it's hard keepin' it under 4k...well I beg to differ. Did it the easy way, followed two buds on Harleys all day. ha
Also got to see and hear an NCR Leggera Ducati at a rich guy's winery today...quite bad ass. This one:
http://www.cycleworld.com/2010/08/03/ncr-leggera-1200-special-riding-impression/
Lotta cool toys he has, bike wise. He sponsors National #5 Jake Johnson on another extremely trick Duc.so it figures.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 12:20:18 AM by pothole »
Garmin GPS, Go Cruise, Helmet locks, Delkevic 13" Carbon Tri-Oval, Mag-Knight, Lamm seat, PrjctD Wings, Guhl ECU, Advanced Sport Touring 2" Pullback risers.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2013, 07:52:35 AM »
    Me again. Spent the day breakin' it in some more. You all say it's hard keepin' it under 4k...well I beg to differ. Did it the easy way, followed two buds on Harleys all day. ha
Also got to see and here an NCR Leggera Ducati at a rich guy's winery today...quite bad ass. This one:
http://www.cycleworld.com/2010/08/03/ncr-leggera-1200-special-riding-impression/
Lotta cool toys he has, bike wise. He sponsors National #5 Jake Johnson on another extremely trick Duc.so it figures.

:thumbs: That would do it!

Offline pistole

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2013, 11:34:53 PM »
- yeah ... following harleys is a sure fire way to put on more grey hairs ...

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2013, 05:33:01 AM »
- yeah ... following harleys is a sure fire way to put on more grey hairs ...

And go deaf and insane.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Bourne2Ride

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2013, 09:19:51 AM »
I ride with a bunch of H-D guys, and I get a laugh at the fact that all I'm doing is saving fuel. I literally got 270 miles range cruising with my H-D friends going up to Lake George, NY. I stuck her in “eco” mode, and granny shifted, stuck her in 6th gear, and enjoyed the ride.  She was bone dry when I finished, but I still had .6 in the tank when we filled up. We had to stop 2 times during that run. The guy with the 110 Screaming Eagle got the worst mileage, and was the reason we had to stop early. He was getting 150 miles to a tank. I didn't fill up the first time, and they were like...you're crazy, the next time we stop it's going to be for you.
Nope, we made it all the way to our destination, and I found a station and filled up.
Funny thing when we got to our destination, the Harley guys were all talking about how they were “moving” down the super slab. I laughed knowing my bike was loping along sipping fuel.

That was surprising to me, because I seldom get that kind of milage when I ride solo. Mostly, I guess,  because I'm going faster, and holding gear longer.

Welcome to the Group, and enjoy. you'll have a lot of fun.
Save the Connie and Save the world!
- Heroes

Offline pothole

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2013, 08:25:15 PM »
And go deaf and insane.
I get it, 'cause I have an '05 Road Glide. Have traveled on it many times and was ok. One of the issues was hitting nice twisty roads and wishing I was on my Ohlins shod VTR. When I traveled on the VTR, slabs were brutal. Hence the C-14. The H-D will probably go, the VTR, never.

Offline pothole

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2013, 12:16:23 AM »
Six Hundred mile mud. Engine oil rainbow dark...rear diff, sparkly and black...assume normal? Hope so.
Doesn't much matter to me...I'll change both OFTEN. Added Go Cruise throttle control, nice. Ordered Mag- Knight tank bra for the scratchy black paint. Delkevic  tri-oval carbon 13" set-up coming. Two rear helmet locks added. Lovin' it.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2013, 04:03:10 AM »
oil and rear drive oil description is normal for the 600 mile change...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline pothole

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2013, 05:23:48 PM »
45 minute install for the Delkevic exhaust...looks outstanding, sounds good, not too loud, baffle in. Damn, the stocker is heavy.
Another question for you experts. Can the spare fob be hidden on the bike? I see nothing indicating
why not. Since it needs to communicate right next to the switch, there would be no communication
hidden far enough away from the Kipass stuff.  What say you? Thanks, Tim

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2013, 05:38:12 PM »
If it's the passive fob no problem. If it's the active fob you could remove the battery. The active fob works from several feet away from the bike.

Offline pothole

« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2013, 11:07:25 PM »
You will love it!  My bet- you will likely choose it to be the bike to ride almost all the time; especially once you have "farkled" it up.
You are correct. Hit 1k today, another oil and rear diff change. Syn blend this time. Will go full syn
next time. Anyone want a nice Road Glide? 8^)=    Tim

Offline pothole

« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2013, 07:41:05 PM »
1600 miles, all good. Except the seat. Want to visit Lamm asap. 200 mile ride to Lamm's and want to give Seth my business in person. Anyone here use Lamm? Seams like a great guy on the phone.  Still lovin' this ride...rode 240 miles Sunday, butt, butt...   Tim

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2013, 08:26:51 PM »
1600 miles, all good. Except the seat. Want to visit Lamm asap. 200 mile ride to Lamm's and want to give Seth my business in person. Anyone here use Lamm? Seams like a great guy on the phone.  Still lovin' this ride...rode 240 miles Sunday, butt, butt...   Tim

Been on the Lamm for 30,000 miles, no regrets, and it gets better over time.. butt indulge yourself and get the leather.

Offline pothole

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2014, 11:25:19 PM »
Been on the Lamm for 30,000 miles, no regrets, and it gets better over time.. butt indulge yourself and get the leather.
Update bump. Got the Laam...fantastic, seat and service. Shipped instead of dodging rain drops. Sent Mon.Feb.3rd, was back on the bike Thurs.the 6th! Went carbon vinyl. Nice. Also, just shipped the ECU to Guhl for reflash. Hope it makes it there and back without getting stuck in snow!

Offline pothole

« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2014, 10:02:16 PM »
After installing Guhl ECU, can't figure out why I now need tires @ 4200 miles... ;D. Can't believe the difference.
 So much for the stockers. Time for P3's. Any input on P4's?

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2014, 11:27:37 PM »
After installing Guhl ECU, can't figure out why I now need tires @ 4200 miles... ;D. Can't believe the difference.

Yep, it is the way the bike should be.

So much for the stockers. Time for P3's. Any input on P4's?

They look nice.  Hopefully one day mine will be mounted.
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=16198.0
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2014, 04:00:42 AM »
Before or after my Canyon Cages, Max?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2014, 04:51:38 AM »

Take your time on those, Jim. You don't want to rush willy nilly in to that install and mess something up.  ::)     ;)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2014, 05:42:57 AM »

That's a good point.  However, at least in my case it is mostly out of my hands at this point (since I am waiting to hear on the warranty issue)