Author Topic: Guhl's flash on Lee's brand new C14  (Read 32071 times)

Offline ZG

• Arena
Re: Guhl's flash on Lee's brand new C14
« Reply #80 on: January 16, 2014, 05:04:11 PM »
I think we have morons figuring out colors for us over here.  Let's see, three times we'll have had some sort of silver color.  They keep going back to the same paint cans and peeing in them to see what colors come out of that.  They have the imagination of door knobs...... :censored: morons....and I'm being kind.

:goodpost: :thumbs: :chugbeer:

Offline Charlie747

« Reply #81 on: January 16, 2014, 05:11:33 PM »
We have had black and shades of black , silver. grey, blue, brown, red, green was around for 2010/11

I agree with you guys .....................no imagination with the paint pallet  :banghead: :banghead: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #82 on: January 16, 2014, 05:24:37 PM »
FYI

What a Beowulf looks like on a GT

Don't look now, but you are parked on the wrong side of the road, or maybe the wrong side of the pond..

Offline Charlie747

« Reply #83 on: January 16, 2014, 05:29:29 PM »

Don't look now, but you are parked on the wrong side of the road, or maybe the wrong side of the pond..

:rotflmao:

Have you any idea how much extra we pay to get right hand drive bikes imported ?

Offline Pilgrim

• '12 Black
« Reply #84 on: January 17, 2014, 02:50:34 PM »

Looks good Charlie747.

A better question is, how does it sound?

FYI

What a Beowulf looks like on a GTR

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #85 on: January 17, 2014, 04:08:38 PM »
:rotflmao:

Have you any idea how much extra we pay to get right hand drive bikes imported ?

Ha, Ha, that's a good one, sir!  Wish I'd thought of that first.

Offline OCK913

• Arena
    • The Orlando Riders Club
« Reply #86 on: January 18, 2014, 01:34:57 PM »
OK, I have waited around long enough. I am going to get mine don. I went to the website this morning but didn't see any instructions on what to do so I emailed them. Is that the way to get it started?
            2009 Kawasaki C14 - Black

Offline Cuda

« Reply #87 on: January 18, 2014, 03:18:20 PM »
Guhl only gives deals to his dealers, If you have one in your area you can have them send it in with any special instructions , like remove speed limit , aftermarket exhaust system , fly's open sooner.
I called him twice never got a return call?
It now looks like a shop in England is flashing ECU's  also ... with better results ;) not sure of their price or shipping.
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #88 on: January 18, 2014, 03:50:35 PM »
Guhl[...]I called him twice never got a return call?

Did you call during business hours?  I had no trouble getting them. 

Call and they will give instructions (essentially just mail your ECU to them.  They will call you when they get it and ask the programming questions (didn't need to for me, since I enclosed a letter with all the info) then mail it back overnight.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Charlie747

« Reply #89 on: January 18, 2014, 09:14:32 PM »
Looks good Charlie747.

A better question is, how does it sound?

Sweeter than a Motorhead concert . Sexier than one Miss M Monroe singing Happy Birthday Mr President  :thumbs: :rotflmao:

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #90 on: January 21, 2014, 04:01:31 AM »
It now looks like a shop in England is flashing ECU's  also ... with better results ;) not sure of their price or shipping.

Could you elaborate on that? I'm really interested...
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline Cuda

« Reply #91 on: January 21, 2014, 04:40:08 AM »
Speaking as I am from this cold side of the pond here in England I have just has my 2011 bike on a Dyno and the resulting performance and level of smoothness is awesome.

For example, from a stock 128.2 BHP at the rear wheel and 81.8lb/ft torque I now have 151.7 BHP and 101.2 lb/ft torque, combined with this I now ride with a smile all the time, it's gone from a bike I was going to sell this September to one I am now keeping.

No idea what a PC can do but this remap at Hilltop Motorcycles in Leicester was well worth it.

Alan

Page 4 and 5 of this thread.
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #92 on: January 21, 2014, 05:40:47 AM »
Could you elaborate on that? I'm really interested...

I kinda indirectly asked him once already and he never responded:

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=15297.msg198931#msg198931
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Cold Streak

« Reply #93 on: January 21, 2014, 07:51:28 AM »
As another option the other forum had a deal on these guys method, where you can flash your own ECU as many times as you like, in case you change the exhaust, etc.

http://www.woolichracing.com/products/kawasaki/1400-gtr-zg-1400-concours/kawasaki-1400-gtr-zg-1400-concours-ecu-flashing.aspx#productTable

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #94 on: January 21, 2014, 05:21:16 PM »
As another option the other forum had a deal on these guys method, where you can flash your own ECU as many times as you like, in case you change the exhaust, etc.

Interesting.  It would be way beyond me, but cool stuff.

Offline Cuda

« Reply #95 on: January 21, 2014, 06:02:07 PM »
I would think you would have to install Auto tune to have any idea on where the map should  be set , I was thinking about doing something like that before , but with the ZX 14 header system ( with out cats) and the Guhl flash the front is high enough for this old man :chugbeer:
My wife keeps telling me to act my age, not sure what she means??????
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 05:06:08 AM by Cuda »
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #96 on: January 21, 2014, 10:37:23 PM »
My wife keeps telling me to act my age, not sure what she means??????

yeah, heard that one before...  :-[
 ;D
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline Rembrant

• Arena
« Reply #97 on: January 22, 2014, 04:01:00 PM »

http://www.woolichracing.com/products/kawasaki/1400-gtr-zg-1400-concours/kawasaki-1400-gtr-zg-1400-concours-ecu-flashing.aspx#productTable

I just got this C14 DIY flash kit and it's pretty slick. You can flash your own ECU, and a couple others.

I'm currently working on adapting a C14 PC5 map so that it can be applied to the ECU. This isn't new...there are guys already doing it. It takes a little work, but you can have yourself an autotuned ECU map in the end, and make changes whenever you want;).

“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.” ~ Winston Churchill.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #98 on: January 22, 2014, 04:09:35 PM »
Has Woolrich put a limit on the # of different ecu's you can access?

Offline Rembrant

• Arena
« Reply #99 on: January 22, 2014, 04:53:24 PM »
Has Woolrich put a limit on the # of different ecu's you can access?

Yup. With the purchase of a BIN file for a particular model, you can flash the ECU's in three different bikes (of the same model). You can flash those three as many times as you want, but if you want to do more than three, then you have to buy more "keys", or pay for a BIN File Subscription, or a dealer package, etc.

Rem
“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.” ~ Winston Churchill.