Author Topic: Which Autolumination 194....  (Read 2058 times)

Offline Big B

Which Autolumination 194....
« on: June 07, 2011, 03:33:41 PM »
I did a search on the old forum for the 194s for the city lights, and Shad brake lights, but I didn't find out which ones are the best, and they have a lot of options.
Can anyone shed some light on this for me? ;D
Not that I can ride anyway, I've been in a cast since mid April, and won't be out of it until late July.
Thanks, BB.
2008 C14 "Ziggy"

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Which Autolumination 194....
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 09:46:35 PM »
I did a search on the old forum for the 194s for the city lights, and Shad brake lights, but I didn't find out which ones are the best, and they have a lot of options.

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=810.msg7665#msg7665

http://autolumination.com/194.htm

Yes, there are a lot of options (as you can see on the site and the other thread).  Yellow would be the best pick for city lights.  I am still not ready to order, since none of the specs say how many lumens each model is (plus I have to measure to see exactly what the LONGEST (most LED's) bulb would fit)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline h2smokin

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 10:36:24 AM »
I went with the smt tower 1 the 1st on the link. Using the 6k bulb. Has a sort of bluish tint to it. The lights dont do much but figured a diiferent color next to head lights might make me more visible

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 01:11:23 AM »
I went with the smt tower 1 the 1st on the link. Using the 6k bulb. Has a sort of bluish tint to it. The lights dont do much but figured a diiferent color next to head lights might make me more visible

Well that is disappointing.  If the  5 LED SMT tower isn't much brighter than the stock incandescent, I am really bummed.  I need to measure to see if the 25 LED SMT Tower III will fit in that housing- I suppose that it would be 5 times as bright (at least on the sides), in theory.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline h2smokin

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 10:34:18 AM »
I think someone said on the old board that the smt2 would actually fit but not positive. The lights are so small that they dont do much regardless but keep us posted