Author Topic: I need a C-10 battery  (Read 6554 times)

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
I need a C-10 battery
« on: June 06, 2011, 11:00:26 AM »
OK guys I need the pros, cons and prices.  The battery in my dad's bike that i'm restoring quit taking a charge yesterday (it's more than 4 years old).  I think I want an AGM but they seem to be pricier.  Any GOOD suggestions?  Didn't HF have a battery in an alarm or UPS that was inexpensive?  Is there a minimum or maximu CCA I should be looking for?
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Offline ATC Buckeye

Re: I need a C-10 battery
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 11:44:53 AM »
I got an AGM battery from my local O'Riley's auto parts store for around $90 I believe, and it works perfectly.   I was gonna order Murphs but I just thought I'd check and see if they had one, and was surprised that they did.

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 12:44:18 PM »
I have an Odyssey in the Concours but I bought an AGM from the local Auto-Zone to fit the Ural and it seems to be holding up pretty well; mind you it is not made anywhere as nice as the Odyssey but it did not cost near as much either.
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 12:53:32 PM »
Well, I stopped by the local shop at lunch to check on their price for a battery.  They can get the Interstate brand replacement (YB18L-A) for $71.  So I ordered it.  Price just sounded good.  I should be there tomorrow or the next day.
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Offline kawamark

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 01:33:46 PM »
My OEM Yuasa died after 5 years of faithful service. But it died while in the middle of a trip through Florida. Quickest solution was found at Advance Auto Parts

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/1/1/540121--12-volt-power-sports-battery-1-piece-by-autocraft-20-part-20l-bs.html#fragment-1

12-Volt Power Sports Battery - 1 Piece by Autocraft - 20 - part# 20L-BS

At $94 it was not the lowest price, but it kept me on schedule and got me home on time.
Mark L. Johnson

Offline Daytona_Mike

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 03:09:14 PM »
wow, that is alot for open lead acid batteries.  My last purchase of an AGM was  $90 and it  was from Advance Auto Parts . I cannot  remember to check fluid levels in a regular battery and the acid that boils over and out the over flow tube which gets disconnected and gets in places i dont want... No thanks.
 AGM's have come down well below $100. I like those much better.
If you still have fuel in the tank, you are not lost yet
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle

Offline jbailey

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 09:20:56 PM »
This is a Deka Sealed Maintenance Free battery that is made in the USA.  $77.95 and free shipping.

http://www.tristatebattery.com/product_info.php?products_id=981

Offline kawamark

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 06:04:53 AM »
wow, that is alot for open lead acid batteries.  My last purchase of an AGM was  $90 and it  was from Advance Auto Parts . I cannot  remember to check fluid levels in a regular battery and the acid that boils over and out the over flow tube which gets disconnected and gets in places i dont want... No thanks.
 AGM's have come down well below $100. I like those much better.

Yes, overpriced and only 210 CCA.  :( But it was that or spend $$$ on a motel room and food. At least I know if it fails it will be covered at other Advanced Auto Parts stores.  :-\
Mark L. Johnson

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 06:30:28 AM »
Got my reply back from Murph:

We are out of stock and I really don’t think we will see them in time for the rest of the riding season

I do thank you for asking

murph

I'd say to check with him anyway if you need one, he may have it when you do.

Offline Gitbox

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2011, 07:49:27 PM »
I put the Deka EX20L in my bike last year. I think it was around $70 locally. It's been working great so far.
2008 Yamaha FJR1300A
2004 Yamaha FJR1300 (sold)
2000 Kawasaki Concours ZG-1000 (sold)

Offline jbailey

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2011, 09:18:01 PM »
I put the Deka EX20L in my bike last year. I think it was around $70 locally. It's been working great so far.

Forgot to mention, mine is on it's third season.

Offline Cybercraig

• Sprayboy-Services
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2011, 11:21:37 AM »
I bought a Chinese AGM battery from Battery Patrol for $76.00. Lasted 14 months before it lost a cell. One year warranty meant, "Screw you Yankee". I bought a Die Hard after that and it's been fine for 2 years. On sale it was about $94.00.
'98 becoming more farkled up by the minute.

R.I.P. Steve Earl  "Mr. FJR"

Offline Gene W

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2011, 03:53:24 PM »
Well, I stopped by the local shop at lunch to check on their price for a battery.  They can get the Interstate brand replacement (YB18L-A) for $71.  So I ordered it.  Price just sounded good.  I should be there tomorrow or the next day.

Yuasa makes the Interstate batteries.

I have an AGM from Interstate that cost about $95.00 close to two years ago. No problems so far. Mine came directly from the Interstate distributor but most Firestone tire stores sell their batteries as well.

Gene

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2011, 02:11:07 PM »
Yuasa is actually what I brought home.

Offline Silver Connie

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2011, 08:21:30 PM »
i was lookin at those $ 90 batteries until i saw a $37 battery below them.  ittwas a bit longer and a little narrower, butsame height and cranking amp. i cut the throttle side bat box of and fashoned a strap around it. works great and much cheaper.  i can live with an altered batbox for the savings.

Offline sas mayhem

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2011, 09:09:40 PM »
This is a Deka Sealed Maintenance Free battery that is made in the USA.  $77.95 and free shipping.

http://www.tristatebattery.com/product_info.php?products_id=981

I just ordered one, I'll see how it is.

Cheers
Ron
09 Connie
...try to live a day without doing one of the 5 D’s....Deny, Defer, Deflect, Discount and Deceit...tougher than it sounds....

Offline ddavid

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2011, 10:29:28 PM »
I got an AGM battery two years ago. It quit this spring. All of the sudden --- nothing -- no warning. Went from great to dead in 10 minutes. Went back to lead acid.

Offline Uded2me

This forum is dead dead dead
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2011, 04:20:13 PM »
d e a d
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 09:07:35 PM by knight_mare »

Offline Cybercraig

• Sprayboy-Services
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2011, 01:18:17 PM »
Hey!  I learned they also say, "Screw You, Yankee" on HID ballasts and LED light strips!

A few people around here have tried their knock-off scooters and motorcycles. They are usually dead at 2,000 miles.  :nuts:
'98 becoming more farkled up by the minute.

R.I.P. Steve Earl  "Mr. FJR"

Offline Uded2me

This forum is dead dead dead
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2011, 12:50:29 AM »
d e a d
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 09:09:02 PM by knight_mare »