Author Topic: Asiana crash: the pilot's names  (Read 2883 times)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Asiana crash: the pilot's names
« on: July 12, 2013, 04:10:58 PM »
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
Re: Asiana crash: the pilot's names
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 04:20:19 PM »
Too Funny!!!!!
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline Sgt Mac

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2013, 01:41:24 AM »
It amazes me that they were so eager to get the story out there that no one fact checked it or took a couple of seconds to say, 'you know what, that's complete bullshit'.

HD: KTVU erroneously reports Asiana Flight 214 pilot names

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/07/12/ktvu-gaffe/2513971/

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 08:15:58 AM »
So the names were 'confirmed' by an NTSB intern according to what I read this morning....  If so, there needs to be shakeup in that department.  Also, giving out crash investigation information way before they really know something probably isn't the wisest of policies, especially in an airliner incident.  I'd be firing some people or at least chopping off their heads.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 08:47:15 AM »
So the names were 'confirmed' by an NTSB intern according to what I read this morning....  If so, there needs to be shakeup in that department.  Also, giving out crash investigation information way before they really know something probably isn't the wisest of policies, especially in an airliner incident.  I'd be firing some people or at least chopping off their heads.

Off with their heads first, fire them second.

"The reputation of the four pilots and of the company had been seriously damaged by this report. The company is reviewing taking legal action against both KTVU-TV and the NTSB."

Can you say deflection? Let's worry about the names being wrong and offending the reputation of the company and the pilots. Not the fact that pilot error was the cause of the crash. Getting the names right of the improperly trained pilots is much more important.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 08:52:51 AM »
It amazes me that they were so eager to get the story out there that no one fact checked it or took a couple of seconds to say, 'you know what, that's complete bullshit'.

How dumb does the reporter, news producer have to be not to see this as a joke instantly.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2013, 09:02:29 AM »
I heard the navigators name was Wong Wei.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2013, 10:22:26 AM »
How dumb does the reporter, news producer have to be not to see this as a joke instantly.

What a bunch of maroons...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.