Author Topic: Reset low tire pressure warning?  (Read 5789 times)

Offline gnuse

Reset low tire pressure warning?
« on: June 25, 2013, 01:54:03 PM »
This is not about the battery, but a low tire pressure message. I didn't find an answer in the manual so I thought I might find an answer here.

If my tire is below, I think 33#, the low pressure warning flashes. I can't find a way to access any other information on the panel, so can I acknowledge it and continue with the other information I might want?
"God does not deduct from one's time on Earth, that which is spent in the air."

Offline jonathan

Re: Reset low tire pressure warning?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 03:01:03 PM »
The answer is in the manual, but to save you some time the way to reset any alarm indication is:

1 - press and hold the top button on the instrument cluster
2 - press and release the lower button
3 - release the top button

You will have to do this every time you restart the bike or just remedy the alarm condition.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 04:26:17 PM »
I didn't find an answer in the manual

Page 59

A. Warning Indicator Light

NOTE
When pushing the lower button with the upper button held in while the warning message and warning symbol without the warning light are displayed alternately in the multifunction meter, the display in the multifunction meter is shifted to the previous display and warning indicator light goes
on for noticing the warning message leaves.

Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Flathead

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 04:27:43 PM »
That's great engrish right there!

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 04:32:32 PM »

Hey- never said it made any sense or it was easy to read... but it is in there.  In fact, that is just one of three places in the manual with essentially the same info about it.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline clogan

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 08:30:13 PM »
Page 59

A. Warning Indicator Light

NOTE
When pushing the lower button with the upper button held in while the warning message and warning symbol without the warning light are displayed alternately in the multifunction meter, the display in the multifunction meter is shifted to the previous display and warning indicator light goes
on for noticing the warning message leaves.

That is to be information for to be useful of accuracy for all not knowing of which the question stated.

Right?
2010 Neptune blue C14
2009 blue KLR
2013 DRZ400

Offline PH14

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 08:33:26 PM »
That is to be information for to be useful of accuracy for all not knowing of which the question stated.

Right?

That would be yes as to question asking that did they.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 08:51:13 PM »
uh...
 I might be a bit stupid...
but.........
put some air in the tire.........? ???
and the light should go away.

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2013, 09:13:58 PM »
uh...
 I might be a bit stupid...
but.........
put some air in the tire.........? ???
and the light should go away.

:)

But you are not SAYING it correctly....

"I might to be stupid a bit but some air the tire and light will away"

Offline gnuse

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2013, 09:15:14 PM »
Thanks for the help.
"God does not deduct from one's time on Earth, that which is spent in the air."

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2013, 09:20:14 PM »
Given the choice between [less than perfect English] and perfect Japanese, which one would you want?  Yep, thought so....

The manual has a few outright errors, and overall is a odd but amusing translation but really, we can glean the meaning off the pages. And have a chuckle or two along the way so what could be better?

Chinese road sign: 'Go soothingly in the grease- mud for therein lies the skid demon'. I think that means the road is slippery ahead but their way does have a certain elegance and silliness about it.

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Conrad

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2013, 05:04:38 AM »
Given the choice between [less than perfect English] and perfect Japanese, which one would you want?  Yep, thought so....

The manual has a few outright errors, and overall is a odd but amusing translation but really, we can glean the meaning off the pages. And have a chuckle or two along the way so what could be better?

Chinese road sign: 'Go soothingly in the grease- mud for therein lies the skid demon'. I think that means the road is slippery ahead but their way does have a certain elegance and silliness about it.

Brian

ウィリスについて何を話している?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Online Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2013, 05:18:41 AM »
ويليس يتحدث عن كيفية استخدام مترجم جوجل كونراد.
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2013, 05:24:55 AM »

Brian

I've always suspected (now confirmed) that there are demons and gremlins afoot when it comes to accidents.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2013, 05:32:56 AM »
I thought that was some chinese sex move.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2013, 05:45:14 AM »
The manual has a few outright errors, and overall is a odd but amusing translation but really, we can glean the meaning off the pages.

Actually, there are times I really don't know what they are trying to say.  And although amusing, at times, it can be rather frustrating and slow to read.  I do wish they would have paid someone to do a PROPER translation.  There is no excuse for this from a major company like Kawasaki and in this century.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2013, 08:48:03 AM »
ويليس يتحدث عن كيفية استخدام مترجم جوجل كونراد.

Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline pistole

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2013, 09:08:28 AM »

where ! where !!!????

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2013, 09:45:50 AM »

Not that there is anything wrong with that...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline PH14

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2013, 09:55:55 AM »
Actually, there are times I really don't know what they are trying to say.  And although amusing, at times, it can be rather frustrating and slow to read.  I do wish they would have paid someone to do a PROPER translation.  There is no excuse for this from a major company like Kawasaki and in this century.

I have to agree with this. This manual is worse than any I have had. Honda manuals were always top notch, and my 1986 Kawasaki ZX1000R manual was much better than the one that came with the Concours. Something went awry with their manual translating efforts. I wonder if they tried to automate the process rather than use human translators.