Author Topic: Pirelli “Fly into Summer” Promotion Free front Angel GT with purchase of a rear  (Read 34731 times)

Offline Lone-Rider

I got mine early this morning, Number 181.

Went with the 190 50 A spec rear from Revzilla for $184

I guess my orphaned PR3 55 series rear will have to wait a bit longer!

Offline CRocker

• Arena
Yeah, got that one myself. It is quite clear that Pirelli did not expect this response and it is also clear what they credit (or blame) for that response- 'social media', which I think is.... us.  ;)

Because of the way this offer worked, requiring the purchase of a rear tire, I would expect US supplies of rear tires are exhausted as well. ??

Brian

Thousands of 190 size still in stock... :D
'02 C-10

Offline Conrad

Yeah, got that one myself. It is quite clear that Pirelli did not expect this response and it is also clear what they credit (or blame) for that response- 'social media', which I think is.... us.  ;)

I do question the line 'We are thrilled' though- I think maybe it should include the words overwhelmed and dismayed. How does that old saying go- be careful what you wish for because you may get it? Looks like Pirelli 'got it'. I really do hope people go easy on them because it probably really is not their fault; when you put out an offer, there is just no way to know how it will be received. Notice that they time limited the offer for sometime in the fall- they could have time limited it to three days and it would not have made any difference. Because of the way this offer worked, requiring the purchase of a rear tire, I would expect US supplies of rear tires are exhausted as well. ??

Brian

Someone over at the Pirelli offices is in for a long 2 to 4 weeks...    :)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
What the hell did they think was going to happen? That's like yelling 'DONUTS' at the police station.

Offline cablebandit

For the record it's not Pirelli.  It's the administrator, Velocity Inc.

I'm sure these tires just get drop shipped after Velocity sets up the store link to redeem your offer.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
What the hell did they think was going to happen? That's like yelling 'DONUTS' at the police station.

Or in front of me....
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
Hummmmmmm.........
The Pope
2011 C-14 Atomic Silver...... aka ImprovedSilverDammIt.

"The Universe is a contest between engineers making things idiot-proof and God making bigger idiots. So far, God is winning by a wide margin." Unknown author, well I don't know who said it.

Offline Caffeinated

• Arena
crap! off the forum for a couple of days, and I miss out! Oh well, just put ST's on a few hundred miles ago, so I'm good till next spring.
Chris (COG# 8538), Bristow, Va
2012 Black Concours 1400
2011 Silver Concours 1400 (Totaled)
2002 Silver Concours (sold), 06 Vulcan 900LT (sold), 03 VStar 650 (sold)

Offline Conrad

My dealer called me yesterday, my new Angel GT arrived. I have an appointment on Wed to get it installed. I'd get it done sooner except that I'm not supposed to ride till I get the 'go ahead' from my ear surgeon. I have an appointment to see him on Tues and I'm sure that he'll give me his blessing.  :)

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

The 'quantity of tires left' is now going into negative numbers at the promotional website.    :o

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Big receiving day at my house yesterday- FedEx brought me a tire and USPS brought me a strop!

The new Pirelli GT 190/55-17. It smells like a new tire :-)

And a genuine horse butt strop, with a genuine linen (not 'cotton linen' but real linen made from flax) prep strop. Don't worry though, they waited until the horse died from natural causes before they took its hide (really).

Now all I need is the front tire that goes with this rear. And another strop....

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Spanky

Mine gets delivered Monday. The tire, not the butt strop.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
My dealer called me yesterday, my new Angel GT arrived. I have an appointment on Wed to get it installed. I'd get it done sooner except that I'm not supposed to ride till I get the 'go ahead' from my ear surgeon. I have an appointment to see him on Tues and I'm sure that he'll give me his blessing.  :)

What's yer ears got to do with riding?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
Ordered mine Tuesday from Revzilla,  has not even shipped yet. >:(

Offline freebird6

• In a big country...
Re: Pirelli “Fly into Summer” Promotion Free
« Reply #74 on: June 21, 2013, 09:18:28 PM »

A Question of Balance

(Moody Blues Trivia)
2008 Concours
2007 Mean Streak
99 r1100rt

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Ah, Karma.

Offline Conrad

A Question of Balance

(Moody Blues Trivia)

Exactly. The cochleae is involved in the surgery and I had a bit of dizziness for a few days afterwards. Some folks have issues with their balance after this surgery (I didn't) and the surgeon told me not to drive or ride till my post-op exam. Maybe I followed his advice to the letter, maybe I didn't, it all depends on who's asking...    ;)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 07:03:05 AM by Conrad »

Offline Conrad

Big receiving day at my house yesterday- FedEx brought me a tire and USPS brought me a strop!

The new Pirelli GT 190/55-17. It smells like a new tire :-)

And a genuine horse butt strop, with a genuine linen (not 'cotton linen' but real linen made from flax) prep strop. Don't worry though, they waited until the horse died from natural causes before they took its hide (really).

Now all I need is the front tire that goes with this rear. And another strop....

Brian

Wharcha planning on using the strop for Brian? Putting a keen edge on your wit perhaps?   ;)

Offline B.D.F.

Interesting- I have never thought of you as 'balanced' Conrad. Not that far off maybe but definitely not quite.... balanced.

;D

Brian

Exactly. The cochleae is involved in the surgery and I had a bit of dizziness for a few days afterwards. Some folks have issues with their balance after this surgery (I didn't) and the surgeon told me not to drive or ride till my post-op exam. Maybe I followed his advice to the letter, maybe I didn't, I all depends on who's asking...    ;)
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

Nah, my wit is already rapier- sharp.  The strops maintain the edges of my straight razors. This is supposed to be a step up- I have been using cowhide but horse hide is supposed to leave a finer edge. It most certainly is a fast strop, cowhide drags (it is called 'draw') but that horse butt is like stropping on wet glass.

The top one is a custom Dovo named the 'Little Rhody'. The bottom one is a vintage Boker King Cutter. Both are excellent shavers but the Little Rhody is an extremely thin bladed extra hollow ground razor and is a bit 'nippy'. I have quite a few more and they are all getting their turn on the horse butt leather.  ;)

"Hey honey, was the water in the bathroom sink always this pink?" Now that's my rapier sharp wit....

Brian

Wharcha planning on using the strop for Brian? Putting a keen edge on your wit perhaps?   ;)